Post-Game Talk: SCF GAME 7 - II - Heartbreak at the Hub on Causeway - St. Louis Wins The Stanley Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
I haven’t been able to watch anything after the game ended. I just can’t do it. It hurts to see such a blown opportunity. Not to take away from St Louis but they were certainly beatable. But in 2013 the Blackhawks were a powerhouse so it didn’t feel as bad.

I’m annoyed at the stupid ****ing scrimmage game which seemed completely unnecessary. Was there any point beside making a little extra money?

I’m annoyed with Pastrnak for falling and hurting his thumb. I’m annoyed with Marchand’s change at the end of the 1st. I’m annoyed with Bergeron for not doing more.

The whole thing feels like a sad failure. I haven’t been this disappointed since the 2010 Flyers debacle.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
I haven’t been able to watch anything after the game ended. I just can’t do it. It hurts to see such a blown opportunity. Not to take away from St Louis but they were certainly beatable. But in 2013 the Blackhawks were a powerhouse so it didn’t feel as bad.

I’m annoyed at the stupid ****ing scrimmage game which seemed completely unnecessary. Was there any point beside making a little extra money?

I’m annoyed with Pastrnak for falling and hurting his thumb. I’m annoyed with Marchand’s change at the end of the 1st. I’m annoyed with Bergeron for not doing more.

The whole thing feels like a sad failure. I haven’t been this disappointed since the 2010 Flyers debacle.
Yeah it’s difficult to move on from this,have seen many disappointments over the close to 50 yrs I have been a Bruins fan ,This was definitely one of the biggest ones for me.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Actually quite the opposite, what I'd like to see is not changing the rules for the PO's. WTF is that, what other major sport does that?

putting the whistles away in the playoffs has happened forever. if you expect the refs to be your 7th man, you're going nowhere, just ask MTL

Reactions: BMC

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
putting the whistles away in the playoffs has happened forever. if you expect the refs to be your 7th man, you're going nowhere, just ask MTL

Sure it's happened before , I'm not arguing that , I'm asking why it happens? I think it's stupid and downright dangerous to allow as much as they do. The game has evolved and the adjustments should be made, at the speed it's played these days it's downright dangerous to allow what they do .

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
There's a difference between putting the whistles away and choosing not to call blatant dangerous plays. but I'm with joker - I'd like to see a lot more consistency in calls from regular season to the playoffs.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011

Nobody put their whistles away better than the biased habs refs of the 70's ...the Bruins were screwed many times against Montreal back then (especially at the old Forum)

Talk about a 7th man ....if you gave the refs a stick in those days they would've scored a few goals for the habs

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
There's a difference between putting the whistles away and choosing not to call blatant dangerous plays. but I'm with joker - I'd like to see a lot more consistency in calls from regular season to the playoffs.

The concussion spotter pulled Accari from the game in game 5 for concussion protocol , he saw what happened from the stands yet the ref who was looking right at the play didn't see shit. There is no way a penalty should be ignored if puck possession is attained via an infraction in the offensive zone.

We saw that twice in the OT of game 2 which eventually lead to the winning goal.

We saw that even more egregiously in game 5 with Bozak taking out Accari with the slew foot/ trip. Those are game/series changing missed calls that may have changed the outcome of the series. It doesn't matter a lick who the better team was on any given night, it's who scores the most goals and preferably within the rules.

I will never respect the Blues or even acknowledge their Stanley Cup. Anytime I see or hear praise for that team in the media I change the channel. It's not a legit win in my eyes.

Though I have watched the Bruins get shafted many times before it always usually worked both ways , St.Louis got away with murder through out the PO's. It seemed as though it was their turn and the officials, who were likely only following orders, played the biggest part. Ironically, with the fear of changing the out come of the game , they did exactly that.

By calling games the way they did the advantage clearly went to St.Louis. St. Louis couldn't score on the PP anyway so they could care less if the calls weren't being made , while the Bruins had the most important part of their game taken away. With the refs not making the calls St.Louis took full advantage and literally bullied their way to a Cup, which is fine as long as you respect the rules, they clearly didn't and neither did the refs.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
I'm telling you each and everyone one of you. Clifton in backes in. Grez out kuhlman out. The title would say on hf boards hail to the Stanley cup champions Boston Bruins.
looks-like-picked-the-wrong-week-to-quit-sniffing-glue-10345130.png

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
I take issue with this analysis. I have listed off at least a half dozen blatant checks to the head by the Blues - we all saw them. We all call for penalties when they happened. How many Illegal Check to the Head penalties were the Blues assessed? Exactly ZERO. So yeah, forgive us if we feel that the Blue got away with headhunting an awful lot. Pointing that out doesn't make a fan soft.

Thanks ...well said

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
The concussion spotter pulled Accari from the game in game 5 for concussion protocol , he saw what happened from the stands yet the ref who was looking right at the play didn't see ****. There is no way a penalty should be ignored if puck possession is attained via an infraction in the offensive zone.

We saw that twice in the OT of game 2 which eventually lead to the winning goal.

We saw that even more egregiously in game 5 with Bozak taking out Accari with the slew foot/ trip. Those are game/series changing missed calls that may have changed the outcome of the series. It doesn't matter a lick who the better team was on any given night, it's who scores the most goals and preferably within the rules.

I will never respect the Blues or even acknowledge their Stanley Cup. Anytime I see or hear praise for that team in the media I change the channel. It's not a legit win in my eyes.

Though I have watched the Bruins get shafted many times before it always usually worked both ways , St.Louis got away with murder through out the PO's. It seemed as though it was their turn and the officials, who were likely only following orders, played the biggest part. Ironically, with the fear of changing the out come of the game , they did exactly that.

By calling games the way they did the advantage clearly went to St.Louis. St. Louis couldn't score on the PP anyway so they could care less if the calls weren't being made , while the Bruins had the most important part of their game taken away. With the refs not making the calls St.Louis took full advantage and literally bullied their way to a Cup, which is fine as long as you respect the rules, they clearly didn't and neither did the refs.

Good post

The bold explains exactly how I feel about the Blues

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
ok so the blues got away with some blantent pentalites. I remember this board rooting and supporting the blues when they played San Jose. No need to run to bettman to change all the rules bc things didnt go our way when they faced boston.
Those fans are the same fans that don't see a problem with head hunting and calling the game in a different way so Blues wouldn't get eliminated to soon for a more entertaining finals.

Reactions: trenton1

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Wrong, after G2 in the Leafs series they started calling almost everything to help contain the physicality which was against the Leafs advantage. Same in the Blues series after G3 they stop calling it to help the Blues to get back into the series.
Mind boggling that people can't realize this simple fact.

It's called FAKE TOUGH GUYS.

Reactions: trenton1

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Those fans are the same fans that don't see a problem with head hunting and calling the game in a different way so Blues wouldn't get eliminated to soon for a more entertaining finals.

I doubt anybody wants to lose playoff games on purpose to make it more exciting. That would be like rooting for the Patriots to blow a big lead so the game can be close at the end.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Sure it's happened before , I'm not arguing that , I'm asking why it happens? I think it's stupid and downright dangerous to allow as much as they do. The game has evolved and the adjustments should be made, at the speed it's played these days it's downright dangerous to allow what they do .
It helps them control the series for a more entertaining game.

Reactions: JOKER 192

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Wrong, after G2 in the Leafs series they started calling almost everything to help contain the physicality which was against the Leafs advantage. Same in the Blues series after G3 they stop calling it to help the Blues to get back into the series.
Mind boggling that people can't realize this simple fact.

It's called FAKE TOUGH GUYS.

Cmon, when Marchand got called out for sucker punching a guy from behind we were all scolded it was a love tap. If someone did that to a bruin the reaction would be different. This is about what Jersey is being worn, as usual

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
I doubt anybody wants to lose playoff games on purpose to make it more exciting. That would be like rooting for the Patriots to blow a big lead so the game can be close at the end.
Or maybe you don't get it, maybe you'll get it if you keep reading... maybe not.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Cmon, when Marchand got called out for sucker punching a guy from we were all scolded it was a love tap. If someone did that to a bruin the reaction would be different. This is about what Jersey is being worn, as usual
The finals were packed with that kind of stuff that were a lot more dangerous than the love tap.

But you bring the love tap from a different series to make a point?. Wow you fit perfectly in the FAUX FAKE TOUGH GUYS.

RiverbottomChuck

Jul 20, 2018
Washington DC
Cmon, when Marchand got called out for sucker punching a guy from behind we were all scolded it was a love tap. If someone did that to a bruin the reaction would be different. This is about what Jersey is being worn, as usual
Meh, Marchand didnt punch a guy in the back of the head to steal a puck and score a goal with a ref watching the whole time. The Bruins didnt injure multiple players from just about every series with questionable hits. It's over so it doesn't really matter but if the playoffs had been called like the rest of the season the Blues would have probably penalized themselves out of their first series.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Meh, Marchand didnt punch a guy in the back of the head to steal a puck and score a goal with a ref watching the whole time. The Bruins didnt injure multiple players from just about every series with questionable hits. It's over so it doesn't really matter but if the playoffs had been called like the rest of the season the Blues would have probably penalized themselves out of their first series.

The Bruins got beat by a brand or physical hockey they've been famous for. Rather than look to blame everybody but ourselves I'd rather address the issue but adding toughness next year. Like a few posters have said before, we arent Vancouver

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
I had a dream we got to replay the game and we were winning when my alarm went off

**** me now today sucks
I'm past that, since the end of G7.
Sure I talk about it, get pissed in heated discussions when other party is in denial... but there's nothing we can do about it. Nada. Next.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad