Pre-Game Talk: SCF GAME 6 - 6/9 - It is the best of times, it is the worst of times

Which team will win Game 6?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

BRUINS since 1995

May 10, 2010
Au pays de la neige
if the B`s lose tonight, it won`t be due to the absence of Backes, he`s long past the stage of his career where his game tilts the scales
You are quite confident with your opinion. Imo, Backes still can change a game with net presence, hard hit and his experience.

We said this against Toronto and imo he did help change the serie

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
I dont know...I would of put in Kulman instead of Heinen. Instead of sitting Backes...especially in a game like this...I just dont know.

For our sake, I hope Karson can contribute and make a difference.

Either way like I said 2 days ago. No way in hell do the Blues win. We're winning tonight. Period. Point blank. End of story.

TheReal13Linseman

Now accepting BitCoin
Oct 26, 2005
Nation's Capital
I dislike the move and disagree with Bruce. But i hope the Bruins the best and hope the Bruins are correct and that I am wrong. THis team have barely won any games without Backes in. Hope Kulman will have success.

That said, despite any opinion on this move...i am extremely sad to see a veteran, warrior player like Backes in these condition especially (playing against his former team) being sit in this crucial SC final.
Bruce not realizing that, after getting benched, in StL, that Backes would not come out like a maniac with a lot to prove this being his last game in StL for a Cup imo, particularly if he were put on 3rd line.

Reactions: BRUINS since 1995

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Fresh legs is never a bad thing, in the playoffs. Especially when they come with jets on them.

nope and even with days off, DB still has too many miles on his and it`s not like the guy was a speedster to begin with.

I feel bad for the guy but you can`t make lineup decisions based on sentimental reasons

Reactions: Hamilton Brian

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Bruce not realizing that, after getting benched, in StL, that Backes would not come out like a maniac with a lot to prove this being his last game in StL for a Cup imo, particularly if he were put on 3rd line.

I thought the Bruins handled the physicality pretty well last game without Backes, not great, but they dealt with it. As it's game 6 and it's more about scoring now than grinding down the opponent with 2 games left, I think they need to get in as many players who can bury the puck

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
It's not what I would of done (I would of move Kuraly to load up the Top 9 and reduced the minutes of the remaining forwards on the 4th line at even strength.).

But let's not forget that Kuhlman had an impact in a big Game 7 vs. Toronto. That was a big stage, the biggest game of the 1st round IMO.

Don't discount the positive that is young fresh legs into a playoff game close to the end of a 2-month grind. In today's game young fresh legs can be just as impactful as this vaunted "experience" we keep hearing about.

Blues have been effective in bringing guys in a subbing guys out of line-up and it's helped. Why can't it work for the Bruins?

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
It's not what I would of done (I would of move Kuraly to load up the Top 9 and reduced the minutes of the remaining forwards on the 4th line at even strength.).

But let's not forget that Kuhlman had an impact in a big Game 7 vs. Toronto. That was a big stage, the biggest game of the 1st round IMO.

Don't discount the positive that is young fresh legs into a playoff game close to the end of a 2-month grind. In today's game young fresh legs can be just as impactful as this vaunted "experience" we keep hearing about.

Blues have been effective in bringing guys in a subbing guys out of line-up and it's helped. Why can't it work for the Bruins?

your optimism isn`t welcomed here:sarcasm:

Reactions: BruinDust

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012

Can't say I necessarily feel good about Kuhlman in, but I like Cassidy's willingness to try something new. Clearly what they've been doing hasn't been working, so might as well change it up. Kuhlman did provide a spark during the regular season, so maybe he can do so again. I think the biggest concern is that he hasn't played in 6 weeks, but at least his legs are fresh.

I think it's also the smart move to focus on skating more so than physicality. They need to dictate the style of play, and they're not going to beat the Blues at the physical game, so I think it's the smart move to try to use the skating edge to their advantage.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
your optimism isn`t welcomed here:sarcasm:
l4FGAWBwPpf7DYVpu.gif

Reactions: BMC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad