Pre-Game Talk: SCF GAME 6 - 6/9 - It is the best of times, it is the worst of times

Which team will win Game 6?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Why wouldn't he want to put one of the Bruins puck moving d-men out for the entire series at the cost of a simply minor penalty and 1 game suspension?

The NHL really needs to sit down and think about that, the incentives outweigh the punishment by a large margin and I firmly believe the Blues have had a talk about this exact situation internally, hence why they're injuring such an absurd amount of players.

This x 1,000,000.

The Blues will trade a 1 game suspension of a fourth line d-bag for a series ending injury to a Bruin 6 days a week and twice on Sunday.

Reactions: Emerz

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Why wouldn't he want to put one of the Bruins puck moving d-men out for the entire series at the cost of a simply minor penalty and 1 game suspension?

The NHL really needs to sit down and think about that, the incentives outweigh the punishment by a large margin and I firmly believe the Blues have had a talk about this exact situation internally, hence why they're injuring such an absurd amount of players.

it`ll never happen but I would like to see the punishment for a head shot or hit on a vulnerable player be heavily penalized during the game and then , that player doesn`t hit the ice again until the player who misses time due to concussion protocol returns or a 15 game cap if that player still hasn`t returned at that point

Reactions: Emerz

Braunbaer

May 21, 2012
Speed kills.... I think we are at our best when we can force things with speed. Kuhlman definitely helps with that. Tonight the game plan has to be outskate/work the Blues and their forecheck. First goal is massive tonight.

Karson Kuhlman is going to give the Bruins the keys to the Lamborghini.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
If this team was playing well and losing, I'd be more confident. They're not giving any reason to feel they can turn this around and win.

I think the series has been even with game 5 being the only one in this series where the better team didn`t win, there has been little to separate the teams

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Really? Yes he can skate 500 miles an hour but from what I've seen he handles the puck like its a grenade about to go off.

Could provide a spark though to that Krejci line which is what I'm hoping. I appreciate what Backes has done this playoffs but after 5 games I think the adjustment has to be made at the 2nd line. Backes on the 4th line I could understand

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
We will see... hope Bruce see things I don’t otherwise what a f.., bad move!

What I'm afraid of is Kuhlman turning the puck over and over and over. I don't know what the hell Cassidy is thinking. And without Backes there's no one besides Chara to do any hitting and #33 is only at 50% right now. Again I don't know what the hell Butch is thinking.

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass
Backes was hitting nobody s
What I'm afraid of is Kuhlman turning the puck over and over and over. I don't know what the hell Cassidy is thinking. And without Backes there's no one besides Chara to do any hitting and #33 is only at 50% right now. Again I don't know what the hell Butch is thinking.[/QUOT

Reactions: RussellmaniaKW

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
If this team was playing well and losing, I'd be more confident. They're not giving any reason to feel they can turn this around and win.
In fairness, they did outshoot the Blues nearly 2:1 last game did they not?

I understand folks want and expect more, and they should, but let’s make an attempt to evaluate the series fairly. The Bruins outchanced them last game and if the refs don’t totally screw the pooch they likely have a better result. We shouldn’t be pretending like the Blues are outplaying the Bruins every game because they’re not.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I hate it... would prefer Backes in... imo it is a bad decision. Hope îm wrong and the kid makes the difference but i don’t see it. Hope the Bruins win.... bat man am I sad for Backes

so are you disagreeing with the move because you are sad for Backes or because you believe that the presence of Backes would play a significant role?

I saw him have an impact in 1 game vs the Leafs, (game 2), he had a few ok games afterwards but really, he`s done nothing.

Reactions: BlackCrowes

BRUINS since 1995

May 10, 2010
Au pays de la neige
What I'm afraid of is Kuhlman turning the puck over and over and over. I don't know what the hell Cassidy is thinking. And without Backes there's no one besides Chara to do any hitting and #33 is only at 50% right now. Again I don't know what the hell Butch is thinking.
Hope you and I are mistaken and and that the Bruins are taking the right decision. We will see tonite. Hope for a good game from the Bruins.

Reactions: BMC

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Hope you and I are mistaken and and that the Bruins are taking the right decision. We will see tonite. Hope for a good game from the Bruins.

if the B`s lose tonight, it won`t be due to the absence of Backes, he`s long past the stage of his career where his game tilts the scales

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass
Backes was hitting nobody s

Backes was hitting nobody since the Toronto series he’s played an average of 6-9 minutes a game. Please, for playing against his former team, I know the fantasy he will hit like Cam Neely and score like him the reality is unlikely. I never known him as a physical player as a member of the bruins. Putting Kuhlman is the right move. Will it amount for anything . Unlikely.

BRUINS since 1995

May 10, 2010
Au pays de la neige
so are you disagreeing with the move because you are sad for Backes or because you believe that the presence of Backes would play a significant role?

I saw him have an impact in 1 game vs the Leafs, (game 2), he had a few ok games afterwards but really, he`s done nothing.
I dislike the move and disagree with Bruce. But i hope the Bruins the best and hope the Bruins are correct and that I am wrong. THis team have barely won any games without Backes in. Hope Kulman will have success.

That said, despite any opinion on this move...i am extremely sad to see a veteran, warrior player like Backes in these condition especially (playing against his former team) being sit in this crucial SC final.

Reactions: Secord
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad