GDT: SCF Game #5 ★ Dallas Stars vs Tampa Bay Lightning, 7:00 PM CT ★ NBC, CBC, SN ★ Tampa leads 3-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
EiK1cFaXYAAvajO

EizPbq3WsAARudc

I'm making this early so @LT can't and guarantee a loss :thumbu:

Reactions: Satan and LT

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I just want it over.

We aren’t gonna win the series and it’s taking too much of a toll on me mentally.

We’re just getting outplayed and it’s clear that we aren’t the better team right now. Fully healthy maybe it’s a different story.

Just gotta hope we can make another run next year.

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Scoring struggles ( especially Seguin )
Idiotic penalties
Dysfunctional powerplay
Injuries
Goaltending and defense
^^ ( Miro and Esa made some bad mistakes in game 3 and Dobby couldn't save stars this time )

All these cost this series to stars.
As a Finn i'm sad and my Finnish heart cries blood because i really hoped Stanley Cup to Stars.

But unfortunately Tampa Bay was too skilled and too dangerous to get beaten by Dallas.
Better luck next season ( if there even is a season because Covid19 is still serious threat to all sport )

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Yeah not expecting anything out of this one other than the Stars possibly delaying the inevitable. Hope they can somehow find a way to make this year even crazier but I'd say they have about a 5% chance of winning the next 3 games, and I feel generous there.

Maybe we can get Comeau back and find a way to take game 5 and delay a bit more to maybe get Faksa back? Idk

Also hated the way Khudobin looked tonight. He looked like he should - a backup goalie filling in - tonight and it was ugly

Reactions: DieselPig

DieselPig

Oct 20, 2016
I just want it over.

We aren’t gonna win the series and it’s taking too much of a toll on me mentally.

We’re just getting outplayed and it’s clear that we aren’t the better team right now. Fully healthy maybe it’s a different story.

Sad, but I agree with all of this. I think the Stars threw everything at them tonight and were still out played, still took bad penalties, and still came up short... might not even watch tomorrow I’m not sure yet..

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Is Khudobin the most overrated goalie of all time? 3.00 GAA this playoffs and people are thinking he is carrying us. The dude is a liability outside of 5 Vegas games.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
At the end of the day, I'm not that pissed. This entire playoffs I never really "stressed" the same way about playoff games as in the past. Everything was weird.

We went much further than any of us expected and got to watch a lot of playoff hockey.

We knew Colorado, Vegas, and TB would all be hard ass series and we won 2 of them.

Great run by the boys in very difficult circumstances.

DieselPig

Oct 20, 2016
Just rewatched all the goals.. Dallas needed a save from Dobby and didn’t get one. 4 of the 5 goals were stoppable IMO. Dobby looked absolutely awful in net, couldn’t hold a rebound to save his life, and every shot looked like it could go in.. I’m already on the fence regarding whether to watch tonight, but if Dobby is starting I might just save myself from the disappointment.

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
I feel if the stars can grind out a win it will probably give them enough momentum to force a game 7 but it’s hard to see after trying so hard last game just to lose in ot.

Rory

Jun 14, 2017
I just want it over.

I feel like the players agree. Sounds like they are tired of the bubble. Their play reflects that as well. Refs agree too.

Rory

Jun 14, 2017
I am okay if bishop starts. I think they figured out Dobby. Shoot blocker side and it has worked for them. I hope Bishop is feeling better.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Awful position to be in for Bowness. Won't blame him on whatever starting decision he makes though. Someone has gotta play and it's a complete toss up as to who it will be. I think personally I'd like to see Bishop in, but at the same time maybe its Khudobin's series to finish. Win or lose

Morry83

14-90-91
Mar 16, 2013
I’d play Oettinger. You got nothing to lose and it’s not like he’s just some shitty backup goalie, he’s one of the top goalie prospects in the league. Dobby has been pretty awful.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
I’d play Oettinger. You got nothing to lose and it’s not like he’s just some shitty backup goalie, he’s one of the top goalie prospects in the league. Dobby has been pretty awful.

Tonight's game is literally the definition of having something to lose. Doubt they give the kid his first ever start in an elimination game of the SCF

Sep 20, 2013
In The Crease
At the end of the day, I'm not that pissed. This entire playoffs I never really "stressed" the same way about playoff games as in the past. Everything was weird.

We went much further than any of us expected and got to watch a lot of playoff hockey.

We knew Colorado, Vegas, and TB would all be hard ass series and we won 2 of them.

Great run by the boys in very difficult circumstances.

Yeah, at any point from losing Round 2 to the Blues up until this series started, I would have been perfectly happy with the result if someone told me the Stars will lose the SCF to Tampa, and I'm sure most other fans would agree. To change my opinion now that it's about to happen would be irrational (understandable, but still irrational).

Ultimately, this is good experience for Miro, so he knows what it takes on his next Cup run (in ~10 years after a rebuild with a sexy new forward core :D).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad