GDT: SCF Game 3: Vegas Golden Knights @ Washing Machine Capitals | 5:00PM | Defense Do Gooder Edition

Who Wins Game 3

• Both Touched Their Conference Cups, They Both Lose!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Pirate Deadpool

Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
When Reaves is your extra attacker you're in trouble. Although I understand that he wants someone who can help with puck possession, guys like haula, Perron, and Tuch have to step up.

hangman005

Face for Radio, Voice for Silent Movies
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Vegas End of Game Report Card

Offense: F (The Goal was a Gimme)
Defence: C
Goal Tending: B-
PP: F-------------------
PK: B+
Face offs: F+
Puck Handling: D-
Passing: F---------
Hockey IQ: F
Effort: F

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
Pathetic effort.

Outside of the 4th line absolutely.

2nd and 3rd lines continue to generate virtually no scoring chances. Couple that with Shea looking like he turned back the clock to last year and now we have a must win game with the season on the line.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Well, we've played poorly all three games. Been terrible three games in a row. We have had more of the bad calls go against us than for us. We've had more bounces bounce against us than for us. Our top line has been mostly invisible, our goalie average and our best defensemen have all played their worst games in months.

We are down only one through three games. That's what they need to take out of this.

They have plenty of gas in the tank and a lot more skill and grit to give. Adjustments are there to be made. Gotta win a road game and defend home base.

Reactions: VegasKnightlife

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
You guys are so annoying, watch the backstabbing begin soon. Enough of this nonsense, I'm out.

The Duck Knight

Feb 6, 2012
You guys are so annoying, watch the backstabbing begin soon. Enough of this nonsense, I'm out.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

There is nothing wrong with critiquing the team's poor play. Not everything always has to be sunshine and daisies.

Reactions: HanSolo

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018

Bye.

Don't get mad when people accurately assess poor games and play instead of being plucky, happy to be here losers, maybe?

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
It would be one thing if we laid it all on the line in a real hard battle and couldn't come out victorious but this is three straight games of just piss poor effort and execution. Our forecheck is all but non-existant. Our passing was atrocious. Theodore was particularly awful. They just don't look like they're mentally there.

I hope trailing the series will light the fire but losing home ice should've done that. Having a weak game 1 should have done that. They just don't look like they want it. They look like they're hoping Washington's game will show some cracks they can exploit and it's just not happening. Vegas needs to have that desire to dictate the pace and put pressure on the Caps because that's all Washington has done these last two games.

Reactions: artificialintuition

Bart9349

Jul 4, 2016
Knights forwards sort of disappeared tonight. Knights outshot 26-22 SOG

AVHomer.gif

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
It would be one thing if we laid it all on the line in a real hard battle and couldn't come out victorious but this is three straight games of just piss poor effort and execution. Our forecheck is all but non-existant. Our passing was atrocious. Theodore was particularly awful. They just don't look like they're mentally there.

I hope trailing the series will light the fire but losing home ice should've done that. Having a weak game 1 should have done that. They just don't look like they want it. They look like they're hoping Washington's game will show some cracks they can exploit and it's just not happening. Vegas needs to have that desire to dictate the pace and put pressure on the Caps because that's all Washington has done these last two games.

Gut check time for them all, indeed. Fleury especially, with his playoff history. He might have to steal a game for us if we remain unwilling to change.

Adjustments define series. You see the same team over and over again. You have to adapt and change then readjust again over the course of them.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Gut check time for them all, indeed. Fleury especially, with his playoff history. He might have to steal a game for us if we remain unwilling to change.

Adjustments define series. You see the same team over and over again. You have to adapt and change then readjust again over the course of them.
Right. It's what Washington did to a T. After one loss they're able to anticipate everything Vegas wants to do and they just shut it down. And that's when Vegas isn't shooting themselves in the foot with terrible passes.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Let's not turn on one another now. Yes, recent play has been disappointing, but don't lose sight of the fact that it's been a miracle season for us no matter how it all ends. :thumbu:
Let's not turn on one another now. Yes, recent play has been disappointing, but don't lose sight of the fact that it's been a miracle season for us no matter how it all ends. :thumbu:
Well yeah even if we lose the series this is an amazing year and accomplishment but goddamn I would prefer if we lose to see them lose playing like they give a shit.

Reactions: VegasKnightlife

The Duck Knight

Feb 6, 2012
Well yeah even if we lose the series this is an amazing year and accomplishment but goddamn I would prefer if we lose to see them lose playing like they give a ****.

I don't think the effort has been the issue. The execution on the other hand? Seriously lacking. The mental brainfarts like Theo made on goal 2 and 3 are simply inexcusable at this point. It's one thing if the Caps flat out beat you, but you can't beat yourselves with those types of errors.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I don't think the effort has been the issue. The execution on the other hand? Seriously lacking. The mental brainfarts like Theo made on goal 2 and 3 are simply inexcusable at this point. It's one thing if the Caps flat out beat you, but you can't beat yourselves with those types of errors.
Oh yeah the execution is the bigger problem but I still think the effort isn't where it should be for a Stanley Cup Final. Both the effort and execution levels were better in the Winnipeg series.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

GKG18

Expansion Fan
Jun 25, 2016
Hendertucky
It looks like Washington has our attack figured out. We didn't play poorly, they were just better. We needed Flower to step up, but he can't carry the team forever. On to game 4....

hangman005

Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Yeah I’m happy with the season so far, but I’d rather lose because they are the better team, or even if they get the bounces... but I would hate to all end losing just because we play like shit.

Must Win Game #4.... Do Not Let them bring the Stanley Cup into T Mobile... just yet.

hangman005

Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
It looks like Washington has our attack figured out. We didn't play poorly, they were just better. We needed Flower to step up, but he can't carry the team forever. On to game 4....
I think Washington could have sleep walked through the game, they still would have looked better than us by a large margin.

Reactions: Vegan Knight

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018

I think effort was missing in this game specifically. The fourth line showed that effort and got rewarded not only with a goal but with a glorious open net opportunity Reaves fanned on earlier and multiple chances and half chances throughout the rest of the game.

If our skill guys had given that effort, they would have tested Holtby a lot more.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->