GDT: SCF Game 3: Pittsburgh Penguins @ Nashville Predators - MUST WIN GAMES

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
2db2b7463ce4e02c5e53c691e1499f1a.jpg

"I'm always optimistic. That's the only way to live life is thinking you are going to win. Don't hang your head. Life is too short. Every day is a bonus. Don't ever forget it, guys." - Badger Bob Johnson

59zf38.png

The Preds host the Pens for SCF Game 3

MATCH: Pittsburgh Penguins vs. Nashville Predators
SERIES: SCF Pens lead 2-0.
TIME: 8:00 p.m. EST
PLACE: Nashville
TV: NBCSN
RADIO: 105.9 FM, the X

Quotes: Guarantees, hair, and other things!

PK Subban: "I guarantee we win this game. The Penguins cannot beat us in front of our home town. I'm going to guarantee we win the Stanley Cup in Game 6 at the min, unless Bettman wants to hand it over now."

Cole: Oh, man. For the beard, I honestly haven’t touched it. Not once. No trimming, nothing, for almost five months now. For me, there hasn’t been much grooming. Not a lot of products. I tried to put some beard oil in it and it got all oily and I just didn't like it. I always play with it and it just was all oily and my hand were all oily. So, I’ve really just let it go. I haven’t brushed it, really. I’ve just let it go wild. It’s au natural.

Hags: I think, for me, I try not to use shampoo too often because then your hair gets a little flat. I think that’s the only tip I can give. I shampoo maybe a couple of times a week but not more than that. I mostly rinse. I throw wax in there at times. I usually get it cut every month and a half maybe but just an inch or two.

Neal: I think it’s a lot of genetics and if you’re lucky enough to have it then you’ve got to go with it. I definitely comb it. P.K. [Subban] has had his barber in town for every round so he gave us some product to put in our beards so it’s been working well and we enjoy that. I think a few guys have been using him.

http://www.gq.com/story/nhl-stanley-cup-hair-2017

Lineups

Pittsburgh Penguins:
uzCMotn.png

Sullivan: "All players are game-time decision."

Guentzel-Crosby-Rust
Kunitz-Malkin-Kessel
Hagelin-Cullen-Hornqvist
Wilson-Rowney-Sheary

Bonino is a game time decision

Dumoulin-Hainsey
Maatta-Schultz
Cole-Daley

Murray
Fleury

Nashville Predators:

Forsberg-Sissons-Aberg
Arvidsson-Fisher-Neal
Gaudreau-Jannkrok-Smith
Watson-Fiddler-McLeod

Karlsson- Karlsson
Karlsson- Karlsson
2 no namers

Rinne

Cole's What to Watch For!

1) This will be the best crowd of the year. Usually I don't think crowds make all that much of a difference, but tonight will be something special in Nashville. They are ready for their big moment. The Preds are going to get an insane surge in the first 10 minutes. The pens are going to have to be ready or they will face a deficit early.

2) Killer Instinct is something the Pens absolutely need tonight. They are so close yet so far away. You have a real chance to make this an insurmountable mountain climb for Nashville. The way you do it? Powerplay, 87, 71, 81 need to be at their best. Most notably for me, Kessel needs to elevate his game. If he can snipe a few in, we are in the driver's seat the whole way.

3) Does Jake have more left in him? This postseason has had one incredible story with Jake Guentzel. Does he have yet another GWG left in him? Does he still have magic left in that stick? Let's hope so!

Player Spotlight: Boring Matt Murray

matt-murray.jpg

The 22 year old Moose was absolutely incredible in Game 2. He and Jake are the two main reasons we even won the game. Both youngsters have continued to be great for us. If they can continue to succeed, the Pens are in an incredible situation. Be boring tonight, Murray! Hold on to pucks and get that crowd to settle down just a bit. The best way for the Pens to break through the first ten minutes is to have #30 do his thing.

EVGENIMERLIN

Jun 29, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
Haha, that's awesome. I will send over my address, lol.

Hahaha

Feel free to stop by LA and clean my apartment.

I am pretty nervous about tonight's game, but I think their best dominant hockey is in front of them. Pens get the job done. 3-0 lead heading into Monday. Let's do this. Let's Go Pens!

Last edited:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
Just win, baby. I don't care if it's a 10-0 win, or a 1-0 OT win. Just get it done.

We're gonna have to be really adept at counter-attacking, because the Preds are going to come out flying and pressing hard all game. Take advantage of that.

Rinne continuing to be garbage would also help a lot. :laugh:

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Freaking beautiful day in Pittsburgh. Clear skies. Been outside all day. Cannot get enough of it. I love this city but i need to move to somewhere that has this weather 24/7/365.

Sorry

May 18, 2005
Freaking beautiful day in Pittsburgh. Clear skies. Been outside all day. Cannot get enough of it. I love this city but i need to move to somewhere that has this weather 24/7/365.

Then you just take the beautiful weather for granted. You appreciate it more when it seldom happens to be this nice.

Have a feeling they're gonna lose tonight.

Whale Mingo

Nov 18, 2012
Will the moment be too big for Nashville? Have they ever been in a game even close to this kind of importance? Obviously they haven't been in a Final game at home before, but were they ever really in danger at all during the playoffs this year? I don't think so. They haven't trailed in a series this year until game 1 of the Final.

I think this might be too big of a moment for them and as much as the crowd, the circumstances and atmosphere would have us worrying if we can survive the initial push, I have to think they may be overwhelmed as well.

I'm not being selfish, even though I have a ticket for a potential game 5, I prefer a sweep. Although, that could be deemed as selfish as well. First world problems, I guess.

Let's Go Pens!

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
I can see us winning this game, and losing games 4 and 5 - and then winning a must-win game 6.

But I also see it coming back to Pittsburgh tied up.

Just feels like Nashville still has a lot to show and if they simply get decent goaltending then we could be in trouble.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I've liked Geno's game. Really engaged. He scores timely goals, too. I think Sid has been good, but I think he has like 2 more levels to him that no other player has. His stop on the time, curl, and pass has been sick. I still think he has 2 more levels. Kessel.. meh. I think he has so much left in his tank. Really want to see him snipe one tonight.

And if Jake finds a way to get one more GWG, he's a toss up for CS w/ Geno. That would be remarkable to have 6 total and 3 in a SCF.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I can see us winning this game, and losing games 4 and 5 - and then winning a must-win game 6.

But I also see it coming back to Pittsburgh tied up.

Just feels like Nashville still has a lot to show and if they simply get decent goaltending then we could be in trouble.

It's a belief world in hockey. If we win tonight, we crush their belief. If they win tonight, I think they are full steam ahead with a chance to win. We would need to steal game 4 from them instead of surviving these games.

**** it. Every game is important in the SCF. Why not? Win tonight. Keep winning.

pensforlife

Jun 10, 2016
It's a belief world in hockey. If we win tonight, we crush their belief. If they win tonight, I think they are full steam ahead with a chance to win. We would need to steal game 4 from them instead of surviving these games.

**** it. Every game is important in the SCF. Why not? Win tonight. Keep winning.

We win tonight it's definitely over

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad