GDT: SCF: Game 2 | NBCSN 7 P.M. | Bounce Back Blues

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
Fabbri is hungry.

Well let's hope he has a healthy, filling meal before the game!

Tough to see Thomas out but will be interesting to see Fabs in there. Total wildcard, I could see him scoring a key goal or see him -2 and struggling to keep up. We need more from our bottom six, although I recognize they have their hands full. Let's hope they can provide a spark because that could be the difference in the series.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
Well let's hope he has a healthy, filling meal before the game!

Tough to see Thomas out but will be interesting to see Fabs in there. Total wildcard, I could see him scoring a key goal or see him -2 and struggling to keep up. We need more from our bottom six, although I recognize they have their hands full. Let's hope they can provide a spark because that could be the difference in the series.

That's the perfect definition of Fabbri's season this year. Some games he's looked great, some games not so much.

Reactions: Bendak

MyLoveIsBlue

Feb 20, 2015
Boston2.gif

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
These last few hours of work are going to draaaaaaaaaag.

Reasons for pessimism: You watched game 1

Reasons for optimism:

This team has repeatedly demonstrated that it can adjust the breakout to deal with another team's system after struggling to adjust in-game.

Binny doesn't like losing 2 in a row.

I have to imagine discipline has been a major theme over the last 2 days and this team has generally been able to stay on the right side of the line. I don't expect a lack of physicality, but I expect some of the nonsense to stop.

Tarasenko appears to be in a groove.

All in all, I'm more nervous than I have been these playoffs since OT of game 7 vs Dallas. But I'm still very, very excited.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
I'd actually entrust Sanford over Fabbri at this stage of the playoffs...but I'll take contributions from either if they're given a chance. Blues need to stop handling the puck like it's a grenade and play their game. They're giving the Bruins too much respect and it's time for them to command some respect of their own. Go hard to the net and through those small defenders. And for the love of God, stay out of the box. Next guy who takes an O-zone penalty ha5 7o bag-skate on that extra off-day built into the Finals schedule.

Last edited:

Boyesfan

Feb 4, 2008
Also can someone please please nail Krug with a very hard clean and legal check. I'm looking at you Blais... I still remember that time Oshie nailed Krug.. The funny part is I truly don't understand why I hate Krug so much..

Reactions: Bendak and mk80

BlueKnight

Apr 19, 2015
Alberta, Canada
I'm not too worried. I think we'll see a much better Blues team today. Sucks to hear about Thomas. I like that Fabbri is in i hope he has a good game. Hopefully Dunn will be back next game.

Reactions: Bendak and mk80

Shwabeal

Feb 24, 2016
I have 6 extra tickets to the watch party tonight if anyone local is interested. $5/each. PM me if interested.

Halak Ness Monster

Nov 11, 2010
St. Louis, MO
Calling it:

Win tonight and we win the series.
Lose tonight and the Bruins win the series.

2-0 hole is just gonna be too much to climb out of vs. this strong of a team.

1-1 coming home? That's a lot of momentum. And it gives us some breathing room to drop a game at home like we did vs. SJ. At worst I'd see 2-2 going into Game 5 if we can win tonight.

I certainly won't give up if we lose tonight but damn the odds are really gonna be stacked against us against a truly great team.

Reactions: Bendak and Chippewa

blues hillbilly

Nov 28, 2018
IMO, Boston has the meekest set of forwards we have played in the playoffs. Play em clean and heavy.

Personally, I'd like to see Mackenzie get the call on the third line against Backes. A few big hits from Mac on Backes and others will slow them down. Mac's a 200 ft player, works the boards well against anyone and has a good head and great shot.
I hope I'm wrong about Fabbri wilting into a little noise, no substance and marginal effect on the outcome.

Chippewa

Feb 19, 2012
houseboat, venezuela
Calling it:

Win tonight and we win the series.
Lose tonight and the Bruins win the series.

2-0 hole is just gonna be too much to climb out of vs. this strong of a team.

1-1 coming home? That's a lot of momentum. And it gives us some breathing room to drop a game at home like we did vs. SJ. At worst I'd see 2-2 going into Game 5 if we can win tonight.

I certainly won't give up if we lose tonight but damn the odds are really gonna be stacked against us against a truly great team.

100% agree. Tonight is the closest to a must win so far this entire season, after game 7 vs Dallas.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad