GDT: SCF Game 1 Capitals at Golden Knights (5PM PST)

hangman005

Face for Radio, Voice for Silent Movies
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Not sure the Wilson hit in and of itself is suspension worthy, definitely should have been 5 and a game misconduct. That said Wilson seems to dirty hit someone at least once every two weeks, so maybe he should get suspended until he learns not to play like a complete douche.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
That Theodore pass was the kind of magic you need to become champions. Absolutely outstanding pass after a real slick stutter step.

Especially considering the NBC announcers pointed out Smith-Pelly lost his skate protector but failed to point out he kicked it toward Theodore to mess him up but Theodore stayed composed. Got around it and made the play.

Pirate Deadpool

Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
If our defense shows up like they have all playoffs, we should win in 5 games or less. The oven chicken line did nothing, but they need to take care of the caps 2nd line.

Last edited:
Reactions: Supermassive

DirtyDutchDiggler

May 17, 2018
Feel like Flurey had his worst game of the playoffs. He seemed out of position and confused way too many times. That being said, we came away with the win and this should be disheartening for Washington. GO KNIGHTS GO!!!!!

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Not sure the Wilson hit in and of itself is suspension worthy, definitely should have been 5 and a game misconduct. That said Wilson seems to dirty hit someone at least once every two weeks, so maybe he should get suspended until he learns not to play like a complete *****e.

Maybe not by itself but the guy has a track record even if you're only going back as far this playoffs.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Whatever you paid to see tonights game you got your money's worth. I'm spent, that was such an amazing rollercoaster but when you win that way in the Finals there really is nothing sweeter. Every time it came down to one team putting out more grit and effort it led to a goal it seemed. Even the ones we let in. If that remains the case I think we all feel good about our chances.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas

Live look at the main boards.

Anyway as usual I have to be a little critical. I thought this was their worst game since Game 1 of WCF. But it's fine because Washington wasn't perfect. The defense was very unfocused and let too many guys slip by unnoticed. That needs to change. The offense was fine. Not amazing, but good enough to keep the pressure up pretty consistently.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Oh random factoid, my sister brought my 1 year old nephew over and the first thing he saw and wanted was a VGK cup and he played with it the whole time he was at our house. I think I'm gonna give it to him.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

hangman005

Face for Radio, Voice for Silent Movies
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Great offensively, but trash defensively. Fleury didnt play well either. Thankfully the caps defensive and Holtby played like trash as well.
He wasn't in god mode, but I don't really fault him for 3 of the goals. First one, was a rolling puck deflecting of a stick then a skate, don't blame him for that, the 2nd I thought he was hung out to dry, that's on a awful Sbisa turnover and defence losing their man. I don't really blame him for the one he kicked into his own net, that was just unfortunate. But i do fault him for the goal where he overcommitted to one guy bit on the shot and left a gapping wide net for the actual goal scorer.

Pirate Deadpool

Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas, NV

Live look at the main boards.

Anyway as usual I have to be a little critical. I thought this was their worst game since Game 1 of WCF. But it's fine because Washington wasn't perfect. The defense was very unfocused and let too many guys slip by unnoticed. That needs to change. The offense was fine. Not amazing, but good enough to keep the pressure up pretty consistently.

There's so much salt on every hockey or other sports message boards and on twitter. I'm sure if I was more involved with social media, I'd see even more. What annoys me the most is the nhl gifted vegas this team that is "4 lines of 2nd line players". I wish. If we had legit 4 lines of 2nd liners, we'd have the all time record in wins/points of all time. Now it's Schmidt was stolen by caps fans. Yet if the caps saw him a a legit top 2 dman as caps fans claimed to have known last year, then surely he would have been protected. Also GMGM asked for too much of the caps to pass on Schmidt. When I responded back what was the ransom since as far as I know I haven't ever seen what GMGM asked the caps to take someone else was 2 1sts. And if the cost was two late 1sts, that is ridiculously cheap for a top 2 dman.

Reactions: ChanceVegas

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Our 1st and 4th lines played well. Theodore- Engelland pairing was outstanding and Miller also played really well. McNabb was a good presence when we needed it most.

Our best players of this playoffs so far (Fleury, Schmidt and Marchessault) didn't have their best games and we found a way to win. But those guys can step it up a gear or two. Not necessarily bad games but probably one of their bottom three of the postseason for their standards.

Our second and third lines can contribute more, as well. Neal, Haula, Perron, Tuch and Eakin have higher gears they are capable of reaching.

Figuring out what to do at the 6D position would probably benefit us a lot.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Figuring out what to do at the 6D position would probably benefit us a lot.

it's time to give merrill or hunt a shot. sbisa has been beyond awful.

we need to come up with a plan for backstrom's line. they were buzzing & in our zone on almost every shift from the midway point in the first period. can't igonre burakovsky & vrana either. they were very active all night.

also gotta believe ovi's line is gonna come out fired up on wednesday after laying an egg tonight. although if the league had any balls, wilson would be sitting for that ridiculous cheap shot on marchy.

it's a good sign we can play less than our best game & still come out with a win. still a long series ahead of us. hope the rest of the games are this entertaining!

go :vegas go

Vegas Mac

Golden Shellback
Jun 26, 2015
Fleury's not perfect. But the defensive execution from a team perspective was off tonight and it showed. That was a wide open, gunslinger type of deal and both coaches are going to tighten things up.

Have to think the scoring goes down in the next few as a result. The feeling-out game is in the rear view now, just glad that we're the team that is only 3 games away.

Pirate Deadpool

Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
I'd like to see Wilson play the next game so that someone could f*** him up. Our 2nd line really needs to play better offensively and we need to play better against the caps 2nd line. I'm sure the coaches will be busy pouring over game film to make adjustments.

Reactions: ChanceVegas

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->