GDT: SCF Game #1 ★ Dallas Stars vs Tampa Bay Lightning , 6:30 PM CT ★ NBC, CBC , SN ★

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Khudobin quickly becoming the favorite for the Conn Smythe if we can go on to win it

He's definitely already the favorite imo. Heiskanen got a point tonight but has been quiet offensively for a little while now..needs a big goal or 2 in the next few games to get back on top

Reactions: Henderson33

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
If they didn't also take those dumb penalties it would've been better. The Comeau and Seguin ones really didn't need to happen. Totally unforced errors.

Comeau’s was especially bad, the puck was flat and he didn’t have any pressure on him.

The shot-blocking effort is honestly insane. It’s crazy how many lanes they clog up every single time. Every player is really buying into that system.

Reactions: Satan

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
You guys can defend sitting back and not giving up quality chances which I won't argue with, but Tampa did have quality opportunities this time.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
He's definitely already the favorite imo. Heiskanen got a point tonight but has been quiet offensively for a little while now..needs a big goal or 2 in the next few games to get back on top

Benn, Heiskanen, and Khudobin are all up there for Dallas.

Hedman, Point, and Vasi for Tampa.

The Tourist

Jul 11, 2008
Dallas always sits back when ahead by two goals in the third. It's frustrating but it's just what they do. The penalty by Comeau and Seguin didn't help the sit back effort because the back to back kills made it look even worse.

I'd like to think if they cut the lead to one that Dallas would step on the gas again. It pisses me off as much as anyone when they just sit on a lead but maybe they just don't feel that worried when up by two. They got the job done and were the better team through 40 minutes.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Nope, It can go to Khudobin or really anyone else, don't need to pay out any more bonus money to Heiskanen.
Not too mention up his next contract AAV any more

Ghost of Kyiv

Wanted Dead and Alive
Feb 1, 2015
Schrödinger's Box
Nope, It can go to Khudobin or really anyone else, don't need to pay out any more bonus money to Heiskanen.
Not too mention up his next contract AAV any more

I'd be lying if I wasn't hoping for Khudobin just for this reason. Happy to pay Heiskanen, would just prefer to wait till his next contract.

Man, I'm getting ahead of myself and I know this series is so far from over. But **** it feels good to be this close.

Reactions: Satan and LT

The Tourist

Jul 11, 2008
And outside of the save on Killorn I didn't think there were a ton of dangerous chances in the 3rd. It was a lot of pressure and constant shots from the outside. Maybe a couple chances in front of the net that I can remember.

Reactions: Kipper 17

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
If we can win game 2 I’ll feel very good about this series.

Seems like the Stars got to do everything they wanted to do tonight.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
I'd be lying if I wasn't hoping for Khudobin just for this reason. Happy to pay Heiskanen, would just prefer to wait till his next contract.
I have no problem with it either, and it's not like Heiskanen isn't deserving of it, IMO more so than Khudobin. Yes he's been quieter offensively, lately but Khudobin wasn't very good for 2 series (Calg-Col) while Heiskanen even when not scoring has been consistently good all PO.

Reactions: Johno

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
Really nice to see a couple of guys get on the board with their first goals of the playoffs tonight as well, especially Hanley with his first career goal. No better time to get it

Hanley has been so solid. Awesome to see him get his first. What a good time to during the SCF haha

Reactions: Kcb12345

The Tourist

Jul 11, 2008
It's still a three horse race on Dallas for the Conn Smythe but Dobby is pulling ahead after the Vegas series. He actually wasn't that great against Calgary or Colorado. Miro was the leader through two rounds and then Benn got it going against Vegas but Dobby has been the man the last handful of games.

DieselPig

Oct 20, 2016
Glad that was McDonagh and not a dirty player like Maroon or Paquette. Secretly i think Tampa might be disappointed he didnt take his chance to eliminate Miro.

I’m pretty sure McDonagh was trying to inflict as much pain/injury as possible. Wouldn’t have mattered if it was a dirtier player

Klockis

Suter stan
Mar 21, 2013
Sweden
My take on the turle discussion: while it does seem to work out these playoffs it still gives Tampa most of the agency. Our boys do play a very good defense without the puck, though, just feels risky. But it is what it is, we won, on the the next one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->