Series Discussion SCF | ★★★ STARS ★★★ vs. lame sky flashes | TBL leads 3-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
I am not quite optimistic that the Stars will win yet. Just hopeful. TB looked human against the Isles, a similar D team, and Stars for at least 2 periods, so they can be beat. It will just take the Stars playing close to perfect in their style to do it.

IMHO, Game 1 was a must win for our Stars, and they won, i.e., beat a more tired team. In the end, the better team, which I think is TB, tends to win. But, Go Stars!

Reactions: Kcb12345

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
I want nothing but the best for Johns, but he was struggling prior to the injury, and Hanley is playing really well. I miss Faksa much more. With Johns, I just hope his long term health is good. He's a bonus if he returns, but his omission isn't hurting the team either.

Faksa is an all-around, shut down center. Those are harder to replace even if Dickinson is doing a very good job.

suprafastcelica

Oct 30, 2006
Pavelski scored on a tip during the powerplay in game 2. He scored 38 goals last year, most of which probably because of his ability to tip. I cannot understand why the coaches don't have him parked in front of the net while on the Powerplay every time.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Pavelski scored on a tip during the powerplay in game 2. He scored 38 goals last year, most of which probably because of his ability to tip. I cannot understand why the coaches don't have him parked in front of the net while on the Powerplay every time.
Because where else would they use Jamie Benn

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
I think the series (and Cup) will be won and lost on if we can get 3 big games from Benn and Seguin. So far 0 pts in 2 games, but Benn had a similair stat line (1 assist) in the first two games of the Vegas series then took over...

We will need something similair from him as well as production from Seguin in this Best of 5.

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
So if worse case scenario happens and Comeau and Faksa bith miss, hard to cover the checking line loss, but what about this.

Benn-Seguin-Radulov
Janmark-Pavelski-Gurianov
Cogliano-Dickinson-Kiviranta
Dowling-Hintz-Perry

Its tough to get a perfect result with 2 key checking line vets out, but..Kivi has shown on top of his incredible scoring touch he has been great along the boards winning battles and sound in the defensive zone, as well as physical with hits.

Dowling comes in purely for having experience to know the role he would need to play on that line as a reliable 4th line wing.

Thoughts?

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I'd throw in Caamano. He's basically Comeau 12 years younger and played exactly his role when he was called up while Comeau was hurt.

He hasn't played in months sure but neither has Dowling.

Reactions: catters078

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
I want to split up the Benn - Seguin - Radulov line. They aren't clicking offensively and are a negative in their own end as a line.

I like the idea of pairing Gurianov with Seguin and giving Gurianov the green light to shoot at will. Having two shot options on the same line at 5v5 would be great.

Kiviranta should play on a line with Pavelski. Kiviranta flings everything on net and Pavs is the perfect clean up man.

Reactions: Johno

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
I want to split up the Benn - Seguin - Radulov line. They aren't clicking offensively and are a negative in their own end as a line.

I like the idea of pairing Gurianov with Seguin and giving Gurianov the green light to shoot at will. Having two shot options on the same line at 5v5 would be great.

Kiviranta should play on a line with Pavelski. Kiviranta flings everything on net and Pavs is the perfect clean up man.

Benn-Pavelski-Kiviranta

I like the idea of that for a game or 2..3 confident fwds.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I thought Caamano was pretty good while he was up . He was also allways one of the Texas Stars best players when he was in the lineup this year which wasn't that often because he was hurt quite a bit .

Rory

Jun 14, 2017

I like these line changes. They make sense. I also would like to see miro and klingberg switch on the PP.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Line matching is a huge part of Bowness' success. I really wonder who he's going to put up to the task of shutting down Palat - Point - Kucherov tomorrow night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->