Series Discussion SCF | ★★★ STARS ★★★ vs. lame sky flashes | TBL leads 3-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
With Benn and Seguin at the forefront its unlikely . Alot will depend on how next season looks like. A normal regular season slog i don't think Benn will ever fully come healthy out of again. With the pandemic and all the time off what he got here is pretty much the best Benn thats we can get and he's also fully motivated which also hasn't allways happened.

I mean there was that one sequence in game 5 where he took the puck of Whitecloud i think , threw the kid into the boards and then proceeded to try and go threw Lehner.

That type of Jamie Benn is not sustainable for a full season anymore. If it wasn't looked down on in hockey i'd say try to load manage Benn the next couple of season to squeeze more playoffs runs like this out of him but thats just never gonna happen.

I did say it's unlikely. It's not impossible, though. But just like Vancouver or the Rangers or Washington or San Jose or Nashville, no matter how good you are, you may only get one chance to go so far. I think everyone accepts that those teams had multi-year windows, but they all only made the finals once. Only one of those teams came away with a Cup. Two have already gone through a full rebuild since and the other two are well on their way toward that.

I think the question for Dallas is where in our window does this year fall. I think it's potentially open for another year or two, but that doesn't mean I expect us to win it all or anything. We should absolutely be a playoff team and once you're there, anything can happen, but similar to this year, it'd be a surprise to go very far.

Ms Maggie

Apr 11, 2017
Good luck to the Stars. Figuring out Hedman won't be easy. Should be an interesting series.

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
Good luck to the Stars. Figuring out Hedman won't be easy. Should be an interesting series.

One thing im confident we can neuturlise is his shot getting through. Our fwds are one of the best in the league at blocking shots and are currently getting in lanes like their life depended on it.

If they can execute thus and block a big chunk of his shots it will at least limit some of his impact...some.

ElGuapo

^Plethora of piñatas
Nov 30, 2010
Nomad
Going to a wedding tonight. Who schedules a wedding knowing very well that the Stars could make the Finals and that a pandemic could end up delaying it to late September?! Ugh.

Reactions: Johno and JeffP

Rory

Jun 14, 2017
I think this will be a rough series for Dallas. Tampa is like Colorado with a great goalie. So for Dallas to win it will be super dirty and grinding. Hit them. Good thing there too players are all very small. MacKinnon is a good size forward. Point and Kucherov are both small. So hit them hard. Speed will wear down the more hits they take.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I don't think Tampa is Colorado. I think they're a better team but i don't think they have a MacKinnon type forward . They're guys put up alot of points but i don't think they're the type of players who can just go through a team all by themselves the way MacKinnon can . To me they're that what Vegas was supposed to be but is not if you actually take a close look at it. A great deep team with alot of dangerous players and some super highend forwards and a great defense with one big standout in Hedman.

Hedman is Tampas best player imho and one of the top players in the league though . He will be our biggest challenge. That type of player we have not faced yet.

JeffP

had meat hello
Nov 30, 2010
Going to a wedding tonight. Who schedules a wedding knowing very well that the Stars could make the Finals and that a pandemic could end up delaying it to late September?! Ugh.

There’s not even a functional vaccine available. If they aren’t super close to you, I’d imagine the pandemic is a pretty plausible out. Or you could just say you have had a cough for a few days and don’t want to risk spreading ‘whatever’ it is you have? :P

Buuuut I understand if its a family or SO pressure situation.
(*I just had friends cancel theirs a couple of weeks ago)

JeffP

had meat hello
Nov 30, 2010
I don't think Tampa is Colorado. I think they're a better team but i don't think they have a MacKinnon type forward . They're guys put up alot of points but i don't think they're the type of players who can just go through a team all by themselves the way MacKinnon can . To me they're that what Vegas was supposed to be but is not if you actually take a close look at it. A great deep team with alot of dangerous players and some super highend forwards and a great defense with one big standout in Hedman.

Hedman is Tampas best player imho and one of the top players in the league though . He will be our biggest challenge. That type of player we have not faced yet.

I feel like we stand a chance but are the obvious underdog. I would love to see us come out hard in game 1 and take advantage of some of the injuries or theoretical fatigue they have. Bowness has to have at least a little insight on this team given that he was still with them in 2018.
(*checked on Rickipedia)

I guess we really can’t know anything until later tonight, but my brain and body are ready.
I don’t think we will see Khudobin’s play regress and I’m looking forward to the majority of the hockey writers and podcasters eating shit crow.

And yea, Hedman is awesome.. I wish we had him some how some way, but I’ll take a consolation Klingberg and Heiskanen and make due :D

serp

Jan 17, 2016

Same discussion that we had before Game 5 against Vegas i guess if Roope is out ....

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
At this point you gotta think it's Hintz when that verified poster talked about a young guy not feeling his arm and having knee (?) issues.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
At this point you gotta think it's Hintz when that verified poster talked about a young guy not feeling his arm and having knee (?) issues.

I think he confirmed it wasn't Hintz. It's definitely Seguin imo you can see the stuff they do to prepare his wrist for the game. I don't know what it's called exactly but it's to numb it. Hintz however I'm sure has a few issues of his own now too.

Reactions: Henderson33

Henderson33

Jun 4, 2012
Nova Scotia
I think he confirmed it wasn't Hintz. It's definitely Seguin imo you can see the stuff they do to prepare his wrist for the game. I don't know what it's called exactly but it's to numb it. Hintz however I'm sure has a few issues of his own now too.

It has to be Seguin, his faceoffs have dropped, his shot has dropped, his skating has dropped.

If it's not him then WTF is going on with him.

But I agree (as do many others), it's definitely him.

Rory

Jun 14, 2017
I would like to see Heiskanen and klingberg switch on PP units. I think John helps the second unit more. He is a better set up guy for the younger guys.

Also is there any new on Faksa?

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017

Its baby powder, and he has that in his gloves for years it's not numbing spray.

USATSI_10735105.jpg

Last edited:

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
I don't recall him saying it was a younger player. Thought he just said "one of your players"

Either way, he confirmed it wasn't Hintz I believe
He did confirm it wasn't Hintz. I don't recall him saying young players either.
The only other young players on the roster are Kiviranta and Heiskanen, and nobody has looked like they're playing with a bad knee/arm more than Seguin.... maybe Pavelski. He's been kind of meh for a while

Here is the quote
I have an inside that I can NOT disclose. But one of your players plays with zero feeling in his arm and a blown knee.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kcb12345
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad