Kuch - Point - Miller
Hedman - Stammer
---
Last Year Stats

1. Pitts
2. Toronto
3.Tampa

-----------

For me it's between Toronto, Pittsburgh And Washington.

Toronto's looks crazy lethal watching them this year. Penguins have Crosby and Malkin on one unit which is absolutely ridiculous. Washington, having Kuznetsov, + Backstrom feeding Ovi is always extremely dangerous.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Sadly I can’t say sharks with how they have been playing. So probably something like:
Pens
Leafs
Caps
Sharks

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Gee, I wonder who the OP wants us to pick :sarcasm:

Went with Washington. You know what's coming, just try and stop it. Good luck.

Reactions: varank

LaMasquerade

Mar 11, 2018
Tampere
2018 season Pens had the best PP% (26.15%), with Toronto second (25.00%). I think Leafs have improved this year more, so my vote went for them.

Kuz

May 11, 2015
Bostons PP was excellent last year and should be mentioned. Over the last 3 seasons Pens and Caps is not surprisingly tied for first with 22,5% and then Boston with 22%.

So far the Capitals, Leafs and Stars have started strong with 50%. Caps with 6/12, Toronto 5/10 and Stars 4/8.

I havent seen so much of Toronto except highlights, but the Caps PP unit looks strong this year.

Reactions: TheFountainhead

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Matthews: 7g/10pts
Rielly: 10pts
Marner: 8 pts
Tavares: 6g

those 4 alone have 17g/34pts thus far. to put that into perspective, only the capitals have more goals than that......

Kuz

May 11, 2015
those 4 alone have 17g/34pts thus far. to put that into perspective, only the capitals have more goals than that......

A lot of points of course, but for example the Caps PP unit also have a total of 14g/30pts in one game less(A pace of 19G/40pts for the unit in 4 games). Torontos have 17/36 after 4 games so the Leafs players stats are not unheard off. Of course the Capitals and the Leafs have been the hottest when it comes to scoring so far and their top players have delievered.

While Toronto have face the 30th, 28th, 25th and 19th placed team last year the Caps have faced three playoff teams with above 100 points. The 4th, 5th (Stanley cup finalist) and 10th (Reigning back to back champs) placed regular season teams. The Caps are facing another playoff team tonight in the Devils while Toronto should continue to score a lot of goals vs one of the worst teams in the league last year and this year (Red Wings 27th). So the quality of competition for the Leafs have been low so far.

Last edited:

strictlyrandy

Sep 9, 2013
Colorado
EDIT: nevermind, seen enough of your posts today to realize it isn't worth the typing effort.

It's a legitimate post. I think the Leafs have a scary good power play. We have plenty of evidence to suggest that they have a suspect defense though. So when the stars can load up on that top unit and dominate, it's really fun to watch. It's insanely lethal.

Sorry you're upset that I have made tongue in cheek remarks today though.

Solmors

<3 Data
May 3, 2010
San Jose
I voted Sharks because it's scary as a Sharks fan. Their PP is so bad right now the other team gets more chances and it kills our momentum. Us Sharks fans are discussing whether it might be worth declining PPs for the remainder of the season :sarcasm:. Spott has got to be the worst PP coach in the league.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad