Scariest Duo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Done before? but what I mean by scariest duo as in the most deadly when it came to scoring, of course as an oiler fan I'd have to say Gretzky-Kurri :handclap: Lemieux-Jagr? (did they even play on the same line?)

Anyways, I'm not as knowledgable about the history of the nhl as many of you, so share thoughts.

Last edited:

KariyaIsGod*

Gretzky-_______

It's like a blank in Scrabble. Insert any name you wish.

raleh

Oct 17, 2005
Dartmouth, NS
Without mentioning those that have already been posted, here are a few that I think fed really well off of each other.
Howe-Lindsay
Orr-Espo
Lafleur-Shutt
Kharlamov-Yakushev
Bentley-Mosienko
Morenz-Joliat
I'm sure Hull and Mikita must have played pp with each other and it would have been magical, but I don't think they played on a line together as Mikita played most of his prime on the scooter line, is that right?

BM67

Mar 5, 2002
In "The System"
Visit site
How about Newsy Lalonde and Joe Malone for the Montreal Canadiens. They only played together for the Canadiens for two years, but between them they won the NHL's 1st 4 scoring titles, 2 each.

McBold

Jan 22, 2005
Not as prolific as the others mentioned, but Paul Kariya and Teemu Selanne.

PK*

Many duos from the 50s-60s Habs could be mentionned.

Maurice Richard - Bernie Geoffrion
Maurice Richard - Jean Béliveau
Jean Béliveau - Dickie Moore
Jean Béliveau - Bernie Geoffrion

Zimmer12

Dec 15, 2005
Leduc, Alberta
Sakic-Forsberg
1483 points combined with 306 playoff points combined, and led their team to 2 stanley cups. One of the best duos of the 90's IMO.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Zimmer12 said:
Sakic-Forsberg
1483 points combined with 306 playoff points combined, and led their team to 2 stanley cups. One of the best duos of the 90's IMO.

By duo I meant players that played together, not #1, #2 centers for there teams

Cake or Death

Best two that I've seen in my life were mentioned: Trottier-Bossy and Gretzky-Kurri

fr4ed2384

Jul 30, 2005
PK said:
Many duos from the 50s-60s Habs could be mentionned.

Maurice Richard - Bernie Geoffrion
Maurice Richard - Jean Béliveau
Jean Béliveau - Dickie Moore
Jean Béliveau - Bernie Geoffrion
Phil Esposito -- Ken Hodge

AgentNaslund*

Zimmer12 said:
Sakic-Forsberg

They were not linemates often. They were on seperate lines to create a 1-2 punch. Sakic and Forsberg will fall under the category as Best 1-2 punch in the leauge. As best Duo im going with the Selanne Kariya combo with the ducks in the late 90's.

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Just to name a few more:
Francis - Jagr
Hunter - Goulet
Oates - Hull
Oates - Neely
Savard - Larmer

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
Just before my time but I know Bobby Hull and Phil Esposito played together for a while.

Lemieux and Coffey on the same powerplay resulted in the NHL record for powerplay goals in a season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad