OT: Scandy's Rave Party: The Return (Live from your Basement - NO POLITICS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sideline

May 23, 2004
I'll post this one though, since I'm not the best with the investment stuff and it helped me grasp the situation:

o4eEynQ.jpeg

As someone that used to work at a long/short fund I can confirm that's mostly true.

Still I won't touch GME with a 10 foot pole. It's a bricks and mortar retailer that lost a like ~500 million dollars last year. The current share price is valuing a company that losses hundreds of millions a year at 25 BILLION dollars.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
As someone that used to work at a long/short fund I can confirm that's mostly true.

Still I won't touch GME with a 10 foot pole. It's a bricks and mortar retailer that lost a like ~500 million dollars last year. The current share price is valuing a company that losses hundreds of millions a year at 25 BILLION dollars.
Despite the canned "I like the stock" response, I don't think people are looking at this as a long term investment right? It's either a super short term gamble or straight up sticking it to the man, right?

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005

Rigged game, the brokers are just straight up lying at this point about their reasoning for restricting trades

Told you the empire would strike back. This is just the beginning. :laugh:

Shocking, shocking I say! They seem like such nice, honest people.

*hands out matches & kindling*

We knew this was coming. That said, it will be interesting to see if this thing finds a way to keep going. The exchanges, the brokerages, and the hedge funds are making their moves. I expect the feds to get in line quickly. The media in many circles is going with the 'this is a right wing political' thing to get the financial community's divide and conquer so only the acceptable insiders are the ones gaming the system' game plan back on track.

Wasn't GameStop going out of business?

Kind of like Blockbuster with rental movies, they're operating on borrowed time in a changing world where you now can buy video games online. Not going out of business tomorrow, but you can see where this one is going to end up.

Last edited:

Sideline

May 23, 2004
Despite the canned "I like the stock" response, I don't think people are looking at this as a long term investment right? It's either a super short term gamble or straight up sticking it to the man, right?

It's straight up gambling. I'm not looking to make trading it illegal or anything, I just don't want people that can't afford to lose every cent they put into it thinking this is anything other than roulette.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Update on the cat situation: I talked more to the rescue and I'm starting to think that the cat I posted before won't be a fit. It's sad because she's been in the rescue for so long, but I don't think it's a good fit because she was never properly socialized with humans and is just indifferent towards other cats. But with that being said, I also found this cat up for adoption too:

This is Onnie, which is a dope name IMO. She fits exactly what I want: a young tortie lap cat who's playful with other cats. I didn't see her at first because she's listed as a calico mix on PetFinder, when I was only looking for tories. I submitted my application this morning and it seems like it's going quickly, so I'll know if I'm accepted or rejected this afternoon.

The only thing that sucks about this application is that they want a home walk-through as a part of the application process. I had just been putting my new house address as my current address, since I do literally own a home now, but I can't do that if they want to do a walk-through as well. Luckily my landlord is super cool and will let me have a third cat for 3 weeks without a problem, but I'm concerned that mentioning to the rescue I'm moving in 3 weeks will hurt my application.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->