OT: Scandy's Rave Party: The Return (Live from your Basement - NO POLITICS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I can't stand social media comedians that do clip shit, but my fiancé is obsessed with this damn thing and I'll say it's kind of funny mostly because I just like dogs.

Man so many of my friends send me this. And I laugh every time. :laugh:

I love animals so much. I support everyone in this thread because there are some good animal dad/moms up in here.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Anyone follow the story of Game Stop over the last week.

This is some next level ****, a reddit group obliterating short seller hedge funds that drive struggling companies stock into oblivion . . .

How a Reddit group blew up GameStop's stock - CNN

Apparently, it's happened to with AMC Theaters and Bed Bath & Beyond. The establishment now is in the process of striking back: NASDAQ halted trading of a few, online brokerage firms like TD Ameritrade are limiting buying and selling options, various Wall Street voices are crying, and now the Biden administration is monitoring.

NOTE: This is NOT a political comment about either party. Anyone replying, PLEASE do not hijack it for such reasons. It's a post about the stock market.

cc: @Big McLargehuge . . . a case where our reaction to the story might be similar? :popcorn:

dogthateats

May 26, 2011
discord.gg

This is some next level ****, a reddit group obliterating short seller hedge funds that drive struggling companies stock into oblivion . . .

Apparently, it's happened to with AMC Theaters and Bed Bath & Beyond. The establishment now is in the process of striking back: NASDAQ halted trading of a few, online brokerage firms like TD Ameritrade are limiting buying and selling options, various Wall Street voices are crying, and now the Biden administration is monitoring.

NOTE: This is NOT a political comment about either party. Anyone replying, PLEASE do not hijack it for such reasons. It's a post about the stock market.

cc: @Big McLargehuge . . . a case where our reaction to the story might be similar? :popcorn:
Scroll up

Reactions: KIRK

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh

I think it's hilarious. And highlights the need for regulation on these things- I think I heard the outstanding short positions accounted for 120% of GMEs total float. That shouldn't be allowed to happen. And now TD is limited activity because they don't have the funds to cover these positions. It's like 2008 all over again, though not nearly to the same degree

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
1ce784cce0c5c8343fa513c47c4bdc95.gif

Nothing else I would say would fall within the rules :)

Reactions: Tom Hanks

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Kill the hedge funds!

You watch the forces that are going to fight back against this. It's just barely started. Rule #1 of the establishment (any establishment) is that only the establishment gets to manipulate the rules.

1ce784cce0c5c8343fa513c47c4bdc95.gif

Nothing else I would say would fall within the rules :)

You couldn't have limited yourself to 'populists of the world unite'? :razz:

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
You watch the forces that are going to fight back against this. It's just barely started. Rule #1 of the establishment (any establishment) is that only the establishment gets to manipulate the rules.

Indeed...this won't end well for the "little guy." It never does.

You couldn't have limited yourself to 'populists of the world unite'? :razz:

Strange bedfellows for stranger times :laugh:

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh

Populists of the world unite?

Oh yeah, there will be regulations coming soon, I’m sure. Those greedy hedge fund bastards over-leverage themselves to death with no repercussions. They deserve this. Retail investor always gets ****ed so it’s nice seeing the opposite happen for once.

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
I was really fortunate to get in @ 69. It looks like AMC has the potential to explode next so I would definitely keep an eye on it especially while it's cheap. I imagine once GME busts many will flock to AMC/BB/NOK, etc. I think GME will hit 500 come Friday.

Wow, congrats. How much longer are you gonna hold GME for? I’d have cashed out by now.

My buddy from college was just telling me he bought 100 shares of NOK this morning. I have incredible FOMO right now.

Iggy Smalls

Jun 6, 2010
Wow, congrats. How much longer are you gonna hold GME for? I’d have cashed out by now.

My buddy from college was just telling me he bought 100 shares of NOK this morning. I have incredible FOMO right now.
I don't have many shares I only bought 10 which I regret now. I'll probably sell 1 come Friday to ensure a profit and then let the rest ride unless they go bonkers. Then eventually invest in AMC and stash the leftovers for 2021 Roth. Fun little ride!

Reactions: That1Kid

dogthateats

May 26, 2011
discord.gg
How frequently does a normal, suburban person see a venomous snake or spider bigger than one’s hand in Australia? Genuinely curious.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
How frequently does a normal, suburban person see a venomous snake or spider bigger than one’s hand in Australia? Genuinely curious.

I've watched vids of Aussies casually wave at a spider the size of a small dog dashing across their wall and be like "Oy it's just Ol Fangs out for a stroll today innit?"

Not that that's some kind of answer.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017

Venemous snake I’ve only seen 2 and I lived in the outback for 6 months. Rest of the time I was in the last metro suburb so semi rural. Was having a picnic with the girlfriend when a 6ft brown snake (2nd most poisonous in the world) came past us. I ran and jumped on the hood pretty quickly. The other time there was one in our backyard but we just called the City and they took it away.

Spiders as big as your hand will be in every home at some stage. The Huntsman spider is big but harmless and non poisonous. Most gardens will have a redback spider which I believe is like the black widow. I’ve seen plenty of both.

The pictured spider (bird eating spider) is up North and I only saw it’s web when I was on a vacation. @KIRK lived close to where I stayed (Surfers Paradise) but he was closer to the city so I’m not sure if he ever saw one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad