OT: Scandy's Rave Party: The Fun Never Stops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
He was a Marine for about 6 months less than I was a teacher. Again, you don't need to be deployed to become a Marine. Worth making a big deal out of? Probably not. But it's just factually wrong to say he wasn't a Marine. He was.
As an ex-lawyer and I will agree to disagree.

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
I got my first red card ever.

We were leading 7-0, some dude shoulder tackles me for no reason, I shoulder tackle him back, he pushes and wells at me, I push him back, he tells me we can take it outside, I say "come on, anyway you die of a heart attack before we get there".

I got sent off, he did not. ****ing 15-year-old ref :laugh:

You go babe, you stick up for yourself

Reactions: EightyOne

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
I've been known to slide tackle with no attempt at the ball to f***ers that subtly elbow during header contests.

Of course, I'd take their number and wait till game was almost over to execute my lol oops lol

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
"Just crank the jaw filter into 'East German Woman Swimmer' territory. And give him an underbite and elf ears."

Reminds me of Simo Hayha.

220px-Simo_hayha_second_lieutenant_1940.png

As an ex-lawyer and I will agree to disagree.

Ex-engineer, ex-lawyer?

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
I've been known to slide tackle with no attempt at the ball to ****ers that subtly elbow during header contests.

Of course, I'd take their number and wait till game was almost over to execute my lol oops lol

I always liked a shoulder to the jaw while going for the ball. :laugh: That's why I switched to judo perhaps.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
As an ex-instagram model, your post offends me.

You made an account and posted ONE sunset silhouette...and call yourself an ex-Instagram model...

Oh, but Adam Driver can't be an ex-Marine?

...I will say, every ex-Marine I know would NEVER use the term, ex-Marine.

Last edited:
Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
You made an account and posted ONE sunset silhouette...and call yourself an ex-Instagram model...

Oh, but Adam Driver can't be an ex-Marine?

...I will say, every ex-Marine I know would NEVER use the term, ex-Marine.
Here's the hypocrisy of it, when people mocked Gal Gadot for not looking "strong enough" and mentioned she was in the Israeli military, people mocked it and said she wasn't a real soldier. She spent more time as a soldier than Driver did as a Marine.

But literally at every turn, Driver is associated as a Marine turned actor, he retired before he really even left the base. Gadot, meanwhile, actually served in a conflict and people mocked her not being tough enough to look the part of Wonder Woman.

The irony.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Here's the hypocrisy of it, when people mocked Gal Gadot for not looking "strong enough" and mentioned she was in the Israeli military, people mocked it and said she wasn't a real soldier. She spent more time as a soldier than Driver did as a Marine.

But literally at every turn, Driver is associated as a Marine turned actor, he retired before he really even left the base. Gadot, meanwhile, actually served in a conflict and people mocked her not being tough enough to look the part of Wonder Woman.

The irony.
It's not really ironic when "people" disagree with "people" from day to day or topic to topic. They generally aren't the same people. And it's not really hard to see why "people" might be harsher to Gal Gadot than Adam Driver.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
All my other relatives/siblings are engaged. Loving the disappointment I'm getting from my parents that I'm single and living on my own. Not easy for everyone...
As @Clare2904 said, you do you. Live your own life.

When I quit being an engineer and got in to sales, I somehow became the black sheep of the family, everyone went to school for something and worked in that field and are still there, my brother, sister, etc. But I just burned out, left, didn't want to anymore and suddenly found myself out of a career and single and all that at an older age than I thought that shit would have happened in my life.

Just keep working towards being the best version of yourself and push yourself out of your comfort zone. I remember I was still looking at career opportunities and I signed up for Speed Dating, I was also kind of quiet and not great in large social settings, but I was pushing myself to experience different things to mostly learn more about myself. I matched with someone, never really talked to her, but just going and even being matched was a huge success, it wasn't long after I landed a job in my new career and met my now gf.

There are still times I sit and think, I am a failure. I spent time in school, didn't stay in that field, I could lose my job at any moment and be screwed, but thank god I put a lot aside and invested. You learn from failures.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
It's not really ironic when "people" disagree with "people" from day to day or topic to topic. They generally aren't the same people.
It's not a disagreement. It's how everyone is so open to talking about and praising Driver for his past, but mocked someone that also had a similar past.

giphy.gif

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I am talking about the media.
Still though, "the media" isn't a single entity.

Also, sadly an awful lot of people are sexist or xenophobic. So I guess some of those folks likely are hypocritical on the topic. Though I'd say the issue is clearly on the side of mistreating Gadot.

Last edited:

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I got my first red card ever.

We were leading 7-0, some dude shoulder tackles me for no reason, I shoulder tackle him back, he pushes and wells at me, I push him back, he tells me we can take it outside, I say "come on, anyway you die of a heart attack before we get there".

I got sent off, he did not. ****ing 15-year-old ref :laugh:
You have to Neymar it up sometimes man, just randomly drop and roll around.

Also, this is why I played Rugby, I kept getting carded so my Dad put me in Rugby so I could hit people and have it be a part of the game. Also why two of my fingers bend at an odd angle.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
So it's called fire emblem, or is there an emblem of a fire and you're just speaking in some weird hipster term?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad