OT: Scandy's Rave Party: Pullin' a All-Nighter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Does that give you full sports? Or what does ESPN+ do?

Yeah, I think it gives you a majority of what ESPN is showing. A lot of college football and basketball, plus it also (surprisingly) has hockey games too. For that price, I think it's worth it. It won't completely supplant reddit streams, but it probably makes it a little bit less inconvenient to stream games.

It may present issues for streaming Penguins games, I'm not sure if ESPN+ has local blackouts like the NHL streaming app has. Here's a list of all NHL games that ESPN+ has for the rest of this month, it seems to have at least 1 NHL game most days and it has 4 of 10 Penguins games this month.

Reactions: ColePens

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
Yeah, I think it gives you a majority of what ESPN is showing. A lot of college football and basketball, plus it also (surprisingly) has hockey games too. For that price, I think it's worth it. It won't completely supplant reddit streams, but it probably makes it a little bit less inconvenient to stream games.

It may present issues for streaming Penguins games, I'm not sure if ESPN+ has local blackouts like the NHL streaming app has. Here's a list of all NHL games that ESPN+ has for the rest of this month, it seems to have at least 1 NHL game most days and it has 4 of 10 Penguins games this month.

More importantly Disney + will offer great cartoons such as: Gummi Bears, Darkwing Duck, Gargoyles, Duck Tales and Talespin!

Reactions: Ogrezilla

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
Great. Now the Talespin theme song will be in my head all day.

Eh... could be worse.

When you were in grade school, did you ever take that test where the teacher read a bunch of facts in front of the class and then they gave you the test where you had to recall the things the teacher said?

The only reason I remembered that a Baloo is a Bear is due to Talespin

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
When you were in grade school, did you ever take that test where the teacher read a bunch of facts in front of the class and then they gave you the test where you had to recall the things the teacher said?

The only reason I remembered that a Baloo is a Bear is due to Talespin

A Baloo is a type of bear?!?

Yeah I probably failed that class.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
The ads are twice as loud.

Some channels are doing that. It's ridiculous. All i want is to watch sports. All penguin games. All NHL games. Steelers, Red Zone, Ohio State games/college football/sports. I wish we had a la cart abilities, but we don't. And cable is so freaking stupid. I pay $130 a month for internet/cable/nhl package/tennis channel. It is so stupid. I don't need 5 hallmark christmas movie channels. I don't need news.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Some channels are doing that. It's ridiculous. All i want is to watch sports. All penguin games. All NHL games. Steelers, Red Zone, Ohio State games/college football/sports. I wish we had a la cart abilities, but we don't. And cable is so freaking stupid. I pay $130 a month for internet/cable/nhl package/tennis channel. It is so stupid. I don't need 5 hallmark christmas movie channels. I don't need news.

I pay 100 dollars for unlimited data on my cell phone and 10 for Hulu and 15 for HBO.

I steal everything else. Until NHL makes a package that actually works and allows me to watch 82 Pens games. I’m not giving them my money as I’ve done it enough times in the past.

Don'tcry4mejanhrdina

Aug 4, 2003
This space.
Just got my first buck yesterday afternoon, a decent 7 pointer. It's the biggest buck I've had on my trail cameras all year and it was the first time he showed himself during daylight hours. I had been up at 4am for 8 straight days to be out there before sunrise in the wind, rain and snow, not to mention the many times I was out hunting during bow season last month. That was actually the first buck I've seen (while hunting) in the past 2 years.

But that was the easiest part. Now is the toughest part: butchering it myself. I'm painfully slow just chopping veggies so butchering a deer, which I like to be meticulous with, takes even longer. It's going to taste so good though!

*I know some people don't like hunting, but to me being able to harvest my own food that is free of any hormones or antibiotics that I got off my own property is the ultimate feeling. It's a freezer full of meat that myself and my family will get to enjoy for the next year. I don't kill it just to get a thrill or for antlers on a wall and hunting is a lot more than just pulling a trigger, at least to me.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I was about to come in here and say "well I just subscribed to Disney+", but I'll just see myself out :laugh:

As an aside, is streaming on a browser for Hulu always this crappy? The quality seems super low.
giphy.gif

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I might just get my brother to sign up and then use his log in, I feel filthy paying for a Disney service.
My convictions aren't strong enough to keep me from having so much stuff I'll enjoy watching. That said, it's free with my verizon anyway. And obviously I'm more interested in the new star wars and marvel stuff.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
My convictions aren't strong enough to keep me from having so much stuff I'll enjoy watching. That said, it's free with my verizon anyway. And obviously I'm more interested in the new star wars and marvel stuff.
I'm not interested in the Marvel shows at all and the Star Wars stuff I can always find "ways" to see it so it's got zero pull for me.

I will be getting the HBO one for quality over quantity which is what Disney is doing.

You almost had me with Gargoyles, you sneaky snake. Almost...

giphy.gif

Reactions: Ogrezilla
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad