OT: Scandy's Rave Party: Pullin' a All-Nighter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Dang, I was hoping you'd have a job for me. :laugh:

No escape for you yet Butternubs!

But look on the bright side, it didn't take your line manager an entire hour yesterday to figure out that our systems and internet were down and nobody could do any work, despite the fact people were reading at their desks, on their laptops, or even playing games of backgammon. A whole hour. Which begs the question of what he was doing in that hour that means he didn't realise he couldn't do his job.

Which is only the latest in what's been a glorious summer of idiocy and madness for our entire department. I'm hoping that the interview I had yesterday went a lot better than I thought it did.

Reactions: Randy Butternubs

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
I've never been a Simpsons fan, and I keep thinking that I'm eventually going to get Cancelled because of that.

As EightyOne said, it's been terrible for a 2 decades so you're pretty much in the clear there. I still quote it all the damn time, but only the first ~9 or 10 seasons. Everyone has different tastes...such as me not understanding like 98% of what is popular.

I was going to say I'm too exhausted to enjoy Vancouver, but according to my health app I'm running an 1,800 calorie deficit today with how much I walked, so...oops. I really monkey pawed the weight loss...I couldn't lose any weight for the longest time, now I can't stop losing weight. I'm 17 pounds under where my doctors want me & 27 under my original goal...at least as of last week. I've gone down another belt notch since then...oi.

jNAoO8PkgjBJoEwqoqvGcBeTVPA=.gif

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Ooooooooooohhhhhhh
the cow kicked nelly in the belly in the barn OH
the cow kicked nelly in the belly in the barn oh
the cow kicked nelly in the belly in the barn ANDDD
the farmer said it would do no harm!

Second verse, same as the first, a little bit louder but a little bit worse!

Oooooooooohhhhhhhhhh........

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
As EightyOne said, it's been terrible for a 2 decades so you're pretty much in the clear there. I still quote it all the damn time, but only the first ~9 or 10 seasons. Everyone has different tastes...such as me not understanding like 98% of what is popular.

I was going to say I'm too exhausted to enjoy Vancouver, but according to my health app I'm running an 1,800 calorie deficit today with how much I walked, so...oops. I really monkey pawed the weight loss...I couldn't lose any weight for the longest time, now I can't stop losing weight. I'm 17 pounds under where my doctors want me & 27 under my original goal...at least as of last week. I've gone down another belt notch since then...oi.

jNAoO8PkgjBJoEwqoqvGcBeTVPA=.gif

This is the correct take
At one point (can't remember what season), the Simpsons just flat out ran out of ideas or their producers stopped caring

It was THE best show on TV for a good period of time back in the day.

Deport Ogie

Jun 30, 2014
Suburbia
I feel like it was around season 12. 11 was solid, and 12 had a few good episodes (Linguo....IS.....dead....) but it was kind of downhill from there.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Started watching 'Dark Crystal' on Netflix. What a great show. I am on episode 3 and really like it.

sabresfan129103

1-4-6-14
Apr 10, 2006
Amherst, NY
So I bought tickets to see TOOL down in Pittsburgh on November 8th. Got tickets in one of the lower rows of section 111. Is the view pretty good there (it better be for what these tickets cost).

I'm excited to check out PPG arena though.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
So I bought tickets to see TOOL down in Pittsburgh on November 8th. Got tickets in one of the lower rows of section 111. Is the view pretty good there (it better be for what these tickets cost).

I'm excited to check out PPG arena though.
Isaw tool for their lateralus tour or whatever it was called in early 2000's. Was great show, but the WBS arena we saw them in was too small or it was too loud and the sound reverberated weird --- OR --- we were a total mess throughout which could have easily affected the environment.
But the show was great, Maynard was great.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
My 3 terabyte hdd with literally 3 tb worth of movies pictures games apps OH MY.... is byting the dust. I have to pull it out so I can save any chance to harvest 3 tb worth of amazing movies games and essential pictures. OH SHIT THIS SUCKS!

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Interesting open to Titans Season 2, also...I'm going to miss the whacky show that is Preacher, the show that paved the way for the awesome The Boys show being made.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Interesting open to Titans Season 2, also...I'm going to miss the whacky show that is Preacher, the show that paved the way for the awesome The Boys show being made.
At some point I'm gonna need to get a month or two of DCUniverse and binge Titans, Doom Patrol, Young Justice, and Swamp Thing.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
At some point I'm gonna need to get a month or two of DCUniverse and binge Titans, Doom Patrol, Young Justice, and Swamp Thing.
I mean there's another way to watch them, but Titans Season 1 is on Netflix. You gotta remember, it's a show that was meant to launch DC Streaming, so it takes a couple of episodes to really get the ball rolling. Just watch the whole show before you decide, people freaked out on it but it got better when they figured it out. People think this is like a show they've been doing for years or something, it's literally their first jump into it.

Doom Patrol benefits from the mistakes made in Titans as they fix the issues.

Swamp Thing is just f***ing fantastic all the way through and a real shame it was cancelled. Real shame.

But Titans started it, it gets a lot better after the stupid Hawk & Dove episodes (like after Episode 2-3) and Doom Patrol is weird fun, get used to Brendan Fraser saying "WHAT THE f***?" a lot, haha. Swamp Thing, this is better than any comic book made tv show ever made in my opinion.

Reactions: Ogrezilla

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
If you remember Netflix and their original shows when they were really "trying" they weren't the best, but they weren't bad, but they definitely got better. Titans ended season 1 on a cliff hanger, the season 2 opener is literally the finale to Season 1 that they cut so they can re-work it and add characters.

They added a shit ton of new characters and Season 2 Episode 1 shows it...

This kind of is a spoiler but really shouldn't be so I'll tag it anyway as one.

They added...

Superboy
Krypto - his dog, ha.
Deathstroke is Esai Morales...f***ing solid casting, f***ing solid.
Batman is Iain Glenn and his voice is a little weird for me but I love the guy, so I am happy with that casting. They also added Deathstroke's kids.

Adding his kids - Ravager and Jericho is damn smart.
Oh...

And Doctor Light and Aqualad are in it as well.

I am curious if people are going to freak that Aqualad is white, I know in the cartoon and tv show, he is black. Garth is white, Kaldur is black...I hope the easily triggered can figure that out.

Pennyworth which is also DC but not made by them, is interesting. I tried to watch it a few times and I wasn't really paying attention the first few times, but when I was down with the flu during this summer, I sat down and watched the first 5 episodes in a row...not bad at all.

As you know, I am more of a DC dude...as well as the independent companies and DC's imprint Vertigo (Y The last man, Preacher, Lucifer, etc).

I did enjoy Netflix's Daredevil which was very DC type the way they made it (obviously using the Frank Miller version of DD, which made sense).

Last edited:
Reactions: Ogrezilla

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
I get them here usually because running on cobblestones is murder on my lower legs, but I was feeling pretty good for the summer. But I was late for the first class on Monday and had to haul ass nearly a mile there in non-running shoes and I've been feeling it all week. :laugh: :cry:

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I get them here usually because running on cobblestones is murder on my lower legs, but I was feeling pretty good for the summer. But I was late for the first class on Monday and had to haul ass nearly a mile there in non-running shoes and I've been feeling it all week. :laugh: :cry:
Ouch. Man, I don't know what is wrong with me this year, I had the flu in the summer, a lingering freaking cough since then and now I have the runs. I am playing a risky game going to the gym after the Steelers game to do back and legs.

Squat and shart? Sure, why not.

Reactions: HandshakeLin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad