Confirmed with Link: Scandella, Pominville, and a 4th acquired for Ennis, Foligno, & a 3rd

Digable5

Buffalo Proton (Positively Charged)
Feb 23, 2004
West Seneca

I am sooo excited about Scandella. I watched as many videos on YouTube I could fine when he was acquired. He's very agile. He can jump up and contribute offensively near the net. He's got a booming slapshot from the perimeter and plays a strong defensive game. Not to mention he'll drop the gloves to defend his teammates. And, he seems like a really good person. All that at $4M a year for three seasons? :yo:

For those people looking for a "true" #2 might not have what they want, but I see Marco and McCabe being able to sufficiently handle top 4 duty as 3a and 3b.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
I am sooo excited about Scandella. I watched as many videos on YouTube I could fine when he was acquired. He's very agile. He can jump up and contribute offensively near the net. He's got a booming slapshot from the perimeter and plays a strong defensive game. Not to mention he'll drop the gloves to defend his teammates. And, he seems like a really good person. All that at $4M a year for three seasons? :yo:

For those people looking for a "true" #2 might not have what they want, but I see Marco and McCabe being able to sufficiently handle top 4 duty as 3a and 3b.

You've nailed it. So long as McCabe evens out after a down stretch later last season, he is a legit top 4 guy, more a #3. Between Scandella, McCabe, and Antipin, Risto is very well complemented, even if this is far from an elite D group.

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
lol Bogo got a contract skating the puck and then since being traded has been forced to make two line passes instead of ever skating the puck for two years straight. You have no idea how he will process this new system. If he's actively moving all the time it may be much easier for him to not forget to do things like staying put can trick players into complacency, which always seemed to be his biggest problem.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

He also plans to have dinner in a couple days with Pominville, the former Sabres’ captain about to begin his second stint in Buffalo.

“I know Pommer’s always loved it there,†Scandella said. “Since I got traded, he’s been texting me and telling me, ‘You’re going to love it. Don’t worry. Everyone who goes there and plays there always loves it.’â€

:handclap:

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Scandella recovering from recent hip surgery

7-21: MARCO SCANDELLA ON WGR (7:28)
New #Sabres defenseman Marco Scandella joins Howard and Jeremy next on WGR! Tune in:

Scandella - Had hip surgery in the offseason, but working to get healthy. It's super exciting to come to a team with a lot of skill up front

Scandella - Jason (Pominville) told me it's a first class organization and that I will love playing in Buffalo. It's a new challenge for me

Scandella - I think we can be a surprising team here in Buffalo #Sabres

Scandella - I feel like there will be a great opportunity to take my game to a whole new level #Sabres

Scandella - I'm excited to play in the East. My family won't have to stay up until 1am to watch my games. #Sabres

Scandella - I want to show that fans that I have another gear in my game. I think the #Sabres is the perfect team to come to.

Scandella - Housley did a great job in Nashville. He has so much to teach and I'm all ears. Can't wait to meet him #Sabres

BloFan4Life

Jul 8, 2009
NY
The trade value makes more sense now. Him having a hip injury is a pretty big deal. Good chance he won't be ready for regular season. Hips for hockey players are a pretty big deal.

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
The trade value makes more sense now. Him having a hip injury is a pretty big deal. Good chance he won't be ready for regular season. Hips for hockey players are a pretty big deal.

That's the opposite of what he's said

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY

@mnwild - Foligno: "My wife & I are pretty excited to be here...I'm excited to see what this arena is like & looking forward to playing here."
@mnwild - Foligno on nickname, Moose, as a child: "I was uncoordinated like a moose at the time, but hopefully I've come into my body a little bit."

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Foligno looks tiny. The trade value makes more sense now. Minnesota must have known he was going to get lean and become a 30 goal scorer.

ende

Dec 12, 2005
Ennis looks like he's struggling to write his own autograph in that picture. The trade value makes more sense now. There's a good chance Ennis won't be able to sign all his paper work in time for the regular season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad