Sayonara Nonis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wami

Chicken Lyfe'
Mar 8, 2013
First major change beyond GM I'd like to see is a complete re-vamping of the the scouting department.

Saul Goodman

Attorney at law
Dec 12, 2009
Toronto
LOL

The Leafs have been looking for a president for quite a while now, but sure, lets over-react and assume the entire front office is being let go.

rdawg1234

Jul 2, 2012
First major change beyond GM I'd like to see is a complete re-vamping of the the scouting department.

Agreed, but I know nothing about scouting, who can we bring in?

Kinda tired of our scouting lately, guys like Biggs were a bad pick IMO and our late rounders havent panned out at all yet.

usernamezrhardtodo

Mar 26, 2014
Pro scouts should be publicly shamed for convincing Nonis to sign Clarkson for ~37 million dollars.
Hopefully Shanny hires Jim Benning or Hextall....anyone has to be better than Nonis at this point. He also frees up the GM to get rid of Dion without having to explain his giant contract. He can just say that he would not have given him that sort of deal etc...

I think the patience of Nonis was his worst shortcoming...not in terms of not trading at the deadline for a rent a player...but in keeping that coach in place when he should have seen what we all saw...nothing but a Caveman approach to hockey ( and this is from me...who likes fighting) by keeping those 2 facepunchers on the roster when nobody would fight them anyways. He could have had some marlies learning to play with those 2 spots. If it was RC's choice to do that...then don't let the door hit you on the way out!!

BayStBullies

Burn the Boats!
Apr 1, 2012
@BayStBullies
The Leafs could cycle through every coach and GM in the league and you "fans" would want to replace them all.

Ultimately, they can't fix your loser mentalities.

realgoodleafs

Oct 29, 2006
SW Ontario
The Leafs could cycle through every coach and GM in the league and you "fans" would want to replace them all.

Ultimately, they can't fix your loser mentalities.

They are already going through every coach and GM in the league and who has a bigger "loser mentality" than MLSE? 3 home playoff games is success to them.

Epictetus

YNWA
Jan 2, 2010
Ontario
No news of what this means for Nonis. So at this point, all we can do is speculate. And there are many threads for that.

This can be opened back IF Nonis is let go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad