Saying goodbye to Fugu - Update: Obituary in OP

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Aw man. Just saw this. I knew things were getting worse the last time I chatted with her months ago but hadn't seen updates or spent any time on the mains since I resigned. Saw the new banner tonight and heart skipped a beat.

So terrible and cruel the way it seemingly went away and came back. But she kept it mostly a secret. Strong person to whom much is owed.

RIP Fugu

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Hey all, just a reminder but I'm aiming to deposit the collected money to Phil's BCRF site for Barbara on Saturday. If you still want to add your money to the HF pool, please do so before then! Thank you all who've contributed - I can't wait to add this and show how much HF loved our Borg Queen/Fish Mom/Pufferfish and how much we want to pay it forward.

Dexter Colt

Oct 29, 2007
Mendham, NJ
She had a great sense of warmth about her, which is very difficult to convey as a text on a screen. Despite never meeting her in person, she is one I will never forget.

Not having her around here is already a big loss, and with the above in mind, I can't even begin to imagine what a loss it is to those who had the privilege of being around her.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
I didn't have much interaction with Fugu but it was impossible to go anywhere on these boards and not recognize her impact, whether it was a post from her or just her presence alone. She will be dearly missed. I am incredibly grateful to her for building this community.

My thoughts are with her family. RIP.

Great job on the banner as well, guys.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad