Saying goodbye to Fugu - Update: Obituary in OP

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
Back in the day, I would have a few arguments with Fugu on the BOH forum. After a few hundred debates on these forums, I have learned to separate those who simply know their stuff, and someone who is fundamentally intelligent. A critical thinker doesn't have to attack the person, get defensive, and resort to logical fallacies to accomplish victory because an inherently intelligent person only achieves victory when they've learned something new.

Fugu was an intelligent person. But after learning so much from her, she also knew her stuff.

We were all blessed to have a teacher so eager to share her knowledge. I enjoyed every discussion with her. May she rest in peace.

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
I'm very sad to hear about this. This is heartbreaking news. I was once banned from HFBoards and it was Fugu who gave me a 2nd chance. I was in a very dark place in my life, and hockey was the only thing that could make me smile, and I'm forever indebted to Fugu for giving me a 2nd chance to be part of a community I very much love and deeply appreciate. It speaks volumes when someone can sympathize and give you a chance you may not have deserved - but that is who Fugu was: a caring and understanding person.

I cannot imagine what her family and friends must be going through in this very dark time. I wish Fugu rests in peace, and that her family and friends only and always remember the very best of her.

RIP Fugu.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Still really sad. Afforded me the opportunity to be a mod here for years, and she helped me so much during that time period where I was going through some personal issues re: mental health and what I wanted to do school and career wise. I wish I could have told her how grateful I was for her help more.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
If I wasnt on a business trip, I would definitely be at the service.. If anyone here is going, please pass my deepest regards for me, if even without words.

I never knew her on here but reading all the stories from you guys I have both a smile and tears.

Seems like a amazing person. I actually don’t live too far away and have the day off. Almost tempted to go (not sure if that’s appropriate) just to listen to the celebration of her life.

My Aunt died a horrible death from cancer. I’m from Australia but live in Canada now so wasn’t able to go to her funeral. I did see her just as the cancer came back again (she beat it once) so I saw her in a better state than the end. Just heartbreaking stuff though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad