Saying farewell to the Godmother of HF Boards

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
@Gee Wally
I wrote my piece explaining Fugu's connection to the Bruins board while waiting for my flight. I felt it was important for our neighborhood to know.

Deflategate was a problem for us and she asked us to consider closing down the Pats thread but I told her then it will spill over to other threads because it was just a hot topic. I was in a tough situation because of working games there I knew many of the low-level employees involved. The stakes were enormous because if Belichick was implicated he would have been suspended for life by the NFL after what had happened with spygate. The reality is nothing happens at Gillette without BB knowing about it. The whole concept of 2 ballboys doing this on their own was absurd.

Our problem was that many Bruins fans from outside New England despised the Patriots and there was no end in sight. Thus she knew that only you could stop the madness that was going on.

She was familiar with Boston and New England having spent time in Hanover, NH.

Her death is a very bitter pill to swallow.

Read it all about how you got started here and Wally out of retirement and thankyou for sharing.Almost made my eyes water.God bless her and you guys to cause I know your in pain.Stay strong for her and keep this board the way she would want it.:clap:

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Read it all about how you got started here and Wally out of retirement and thankyou for sharing.Almost made my eyes water.God bless her and you guys to cause I know your in pain.Stay strong for her and keep this board the way she would want it.:clap:

It was a year ago that HF changed to the new software and we had bumps. Fugu started working on this 3 years ago but when the switch happened she was on the DL The past year she had good weeks and many bad ones. She was getting treatment in Seattle at a place that is in the Top 5 cancer centers in the US but was a tough drive as she lived 80 miles north of Seattle. She actually was much closer to Vancouver but she was getting excellent treatment.

If I was having a problem with a poster I would ask for her advice and this was as recently as a month ago.

While cancer has never been an issue in my family, I have lost several close friends in the past few years and in every case, they ended up in hospice after being told there was nothing more that could be done. :cry:

When we got word that she had entered a hospice last week we knew the end was near.

It was Fugu that encouraged me to start topics on Bruins news stories that might ignite a conversation and keep the board humming. I have tried to do that and I will let others decide if I succeeded or failed.

Fugu's husband sent me the info on her memorial service or actually a celebration of her life. The timing of it could not be worse for me professionally as it occurs the same day as the Bruins home opener and I am also supposed to work Red Sox home playoff games for TBS. @Gee Wally is in the same boat as he has a long-standing tradition on Columbus Day weekend.

I am hoping that somebody in our Bruins community that lives in the corridor between Vancouver and Portland can represent the Bruins neighborhood on HF at the service. I personally would pay for your travel costs (gas, Amtrak etc ).

Her husband expressly said

It would be cool if some of the guys from the forum who live in the area are able to make it. Even without that, it has been tremendously helpful to me to read the generous comments by her friends on the forum and on the donation page which you guys set up for her. I saw last night that you had renamed the BoH forum for her, which is really awesome.

It will be Monday, October 8th (Columbus Day and Canadian Thanksgiving)

Bellingham Cruise Terminal,
355 Harris Ave. Bellingham, WA 98225
at 3:00 p.m

Instead of sending flowers, we are asking people to consider donating to the Breast Cancer Research Fund at https://give.bcrf.org/fundraiser/1658206
or to the charity of their choice.

I know we have long time posters from BC, Washington State and Oregon and I am hoping someone can represent us in 2 weeks.

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Fugu's obituary

Obituary of Barbara Stephenson | Bellingham

ba34d3b8-73b0-436e-8ee6-ec3fe02f9870.jpg

Reactions: Ginger Papa and TP

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I just want all of you to know what @Gee Wally said to the other Mods

upload_2018-9-29_4-27-53.png

I am just worn out from having bad things happening to people I know and watching John Martin slowly deteriorate just breaks my heart.

The older I get the less I know but I do believe in this

But there is the cynic in me that can embrace either of these classic songs

Number8

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
We lost Fugu a year ago today.

I can not put into words how much she is missed.
As a parent, I tend to think about most things in life in terms of my kids.

Along those lines, given how important HF Boards was to Fugu, the fact that her kids can go to any Web browser, type in the HF Boards url, and immediately see her tribute front and center is a really really nice thing. Very nice touch. Kudos to whoever thought it up, and kudos to mods and board leaders who took action.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->