Saying farewell to Fugu :( Update: Obituary in OP

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Tremendously saddened by this news. Always enjoyed sparring and talking with Fugu over the years I've been here. Best compliment I can give her is that, even when we disagreed, she was always able to maintain a rational and high level of discourse with me.

Cancer sucks. So many people have lost friends and family to this horrible and wretched disease. My best wishes to Fugu's family and friends in this difficult time.

brewski420

Sep 29, 2009
Ohio
Very sad news. She was always the voice of reason. I had a few conversations with her when she approached me about helping on the Pens board as a mod. I didn't do it for long but gained tremendous respect for her and all mods for what they do on this site. I will miss reading her thoughts very much. My thoughts and prayers are with her and her family!!

BadgerBruce

Aug 8, 2013
Such truly sad news — simply horrible. But renaming the forum to honour her is a fine and wonderful gesture.

RIP

golfortennis

Oct 25, 2007
Wow. I'm back and forth on here, so hadn't been here in a bit. I had some disagreements with Fugu, but they were always about the subject, never got personal.

Class move renaming the board. RIP.

Reactions: Killion

Grudy0

Mar 16, 2011
Maryland
I lost my father-in-law to lung cancer almost two years ago. Cancer needs to be terminated.

I've always looked up to Fugu. There may have been differences now and again, but that doesn't matter. She will be sorely missed.

Brodie

HACK THE BONE! HACK THE BONE!
Mar 19, 2009
Chicago
I'm so devastated by this news. She was truly a special person and someone who I have admired greatly. I'm overcome with emotion but all I can think to say is that I hope her final days were spent in comfort and peace.

Like many moderators and former moderators on HF, I was recruited and coached by Fugu... as @danishh said, she was my HF mom in a way. After over 9 years of posting, that is an important role in my life. I have been absent from the Wings and BoH communities here for years, but I always lurked and read and I will miss seeing the familiar striking fish avatars immensely.

RIP Barbara.

Llama19

Jan 19, 2013
Outside GZ
This was one of Fugu's favorite avatars...the Snowy Owl...

As tribute...I am changing mine for the next seven days...in her honor...

If you would like to honor her, you can also download this image from here: Fugu — Postimage.org

Save it to your computer system, and then change your avatar (be sure to center it) in your profile...

Her wisdom will be missed...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad