Say your prayers to Australia

horner

May 22, 2007
I don't know where to post this

Just watching CNN
The people are in serious trouble there.
The animals are in serious trouble there dieing.
Koala bears, Kangaroo s, Emus and extra
They showed koala bear sitting in the fire all beat up not knowing where to go.
So sad.

Prayers for Australia

ChazzMichaelMichaels

Jul 10, 2014
Dude, 500,000,000 animals are assumed dead. Half a billion. Including an estimated 1/3 of the Koala population.

Air quality is over 20X above the hazardous breathing level.

Over 5.5 million hectares destroyed

Australia is almost the size of the US and it’s fires are all around it.

They still have a ton of summer left and there doesn’t seem to be any end in sight.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Per Sjoblom

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Had family there stuck on a beach for a few days with fire all around, finally got out. Its crazy there right now.
chp_export_204427420_the-glow-from-a-fire-at-balmattum-hill-bushland-reserve-near-euroa-on-satur-1.jpg

Cotton

May 13, 2013
their government doing anything about it yet?

That's a good question, Australia would know what it's in need of and would request specific aid if needed.

Many charities and relief organizations, after their done taking their cut, only provide pennies on every dollar people donate.

Reactions: namttebih

Craig Button

The C is for Coward - Brad Marchand 2024
Jul 28, 2015
Leaf Nation Torontonistan
Red Cross is a scam, I wouldn't throw my money away like that. Im not sure about the wildlife fund, i'll have to look into it.
Red Cross is a scam.
I still remember the Scandal after the Boxing Day Tsunami in 2004.
Disgusting organization.

Donating any amount of money won’t fix incompetence of all levels of government that are responsible for not clearing dried vegetation.

Weather is a major factor for starting bushfires as well as dumb people. Climate change however has nothing to do with it.
Climate is the average weather over a long period of time.
It’s currently wild fire season in Australia. They also expected to be worse this year due to the Indian Ocean Dipole.

This fire as well as the Amazon and California were started by Humans.
However not by “Man Made Climate Change” but from an Electrical Devices (Australia) or dumb despicable people that deliberately set a fire (Amazon).

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Weather is a major factor for starting bushfires as well as dumb people. Climate change however has nothing to do with it.
Climate is the average weather over a long period of time.
It’s currently wild fire season in Australia. They also expected to be worse this year due to the Indian Ocean Dipole.

This fire as well as the Amazon and California were started by Humans.
However not by “Man Made Climate Change” but from an Electrical Devices (Australia) or dumb despicable people that deliberately set a fire (Amazon).

“Since the early 1970s, California's annual wildfire extent increased fivefold, punctuated by extremely large and destructive wildfires in 2017 and 2018. This trend was mainly due to an eightfold increase in summertime forest‐fire area and was very likely driven by drying of fuels promoted by human‐induced warming. Warming effects were also apparent in the fall by enhancing the odds that fuels are dry when strong fall wind events occur.

The ability of dry fuels to promote large fires is nonlinear, which has allowed warming to become increasingly impactful. Human‐caused warming has already significantly enhanced wildfire activity in California, particularly in the forests of the Sierra Nevada and North Coast, and will likely continue to do so in the coming decades.”

Link to study: (2019)
Error - Cookies Turned Off

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Read that theres a lot of evidence of arson thats kept these fires going.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
I live in New Zealand, which is around a 3+ hour international flight from Australia and the bushfires

Things are so ****** over there that last night the ash in the atmosphere was so bad in New Zealand it was almost dark at 4.30pm and the sun doesn't go down until 9.30pm here normally

It was like the end of days, I've never seen anything like it

MagicalRazor

Oct 25, 2016
I donated 80 dollars earlier , . If you even have an extra 5 you should think about doing the same .

Ms Maggie

Apr 11, 2017
Australia's ecosystem is wonderfully diverse. truly unique. Tragic. Not to mention the human suffering and economic damage.

Canary in a coalmine.

Reactions: ULF_55

Leafblooded

Jul 27, 2012
T.
For once, I am happy this thread got cleaned up by the mods. Thinking of you, my half billion animal friends

Reactions: Sniper99

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
wow this thread is awesome, as an Australian myself (living in Toronto) thanks for all the well wishes and especially donations, it is a scary time. Spoke to my parents and mates recently and luckily none are affected by any of these fires (yet at least), but it is truly horrible the loss of animal (and human) life and the pictures are so sad coming in.

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
wow this thread is awesome, as an Australian myself (living in Toronto) thanks for all the well wishes and especially donations, it is a scary time. Spoke to my parents and mates recently and luckily none are affected by any of these fires (yet at least), but it is truly horrible the loss of animal (and human) life and the pictures are so sad coming in.
Hang in there buddy. I've seen a few videos and its very tough to watch.

Reactions: Walshy7

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
Hi Guys, (Stars fan from Aus drifting in)

Appreciate the love..its been devastating

I live in Melbourne. We are lucky and safe in the city area, having said that the smoke from the fires is that bad its drifted from the wider country areas ( some 200 miles away) and there is a dark mist hovering over the city.

So many animals have lost their lives. In the 100s of millions, its awful.

We were touched to receive all the firefighter support from the US, Canada and New Zealand.

The support we have received from overseas has been immensely appreciated.

In good news we got some rain today and yesterday to help the firefighters get on top of the biggest blazes, still a way to go..but signs of improvement

horner

May 22, 2007

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->