Say nice things about Detroit

Sep 19, 2008
iu

Bellefour20

Jan 25, 2021
Sunshine Coast, British Columbia
Little Caesars is headquartered there. My first job was with their chain and I enjoyed working there. The owners and people there were so much fun. I only quit because my shifts started conflicting with the ferry and bus schedule.

iamjs

Oct 1, 2008
Death is from Detroit and is said to be one of the earliest forms of punk/proto-punk.

In the movie A Band Called Death, several of the interviews with the Hackney brothers mentions that people were disturbed by the aggressive noises come out of their home. Once upon a time, a group of girls invaded their home and literally started banging on the door trying to get them to stop playing. Dave thought it was hilarious so he continued playing and the other brothers followed suit. Off the cuff they started singing, “Keep on knocking, keep on knocking on the door,” and that’s how the concept of this song was initially formed.

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
Hello. In this thread we will say nice things about the largest city in the State of Michigan, Detroit.

It is the only American city where South of the Border means you are going into Canada.

Car production gave it the cool nickname "The Motor City"

It is where Bob Seger was born. Remember those Like a Rock commercials for Chevy Trucks in the 90's? :yo:

Motown Records was founded here.

Detroit Rock City is an awesome song by Kiss :yo:

It is where the Bad Boys of Basketball played in the 80's and early 90's. (yeah yeah Pontiac and Auburn Hills)

I think a Hockey team plays there and they made the playoffs for 25 years straight so thats cool :handclap:

saynicethings.jpg

Thanks Detroit! :yo:
The story of Lafayette and American Coney Island(s) is great.
As are the Coneys. Either will do for me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad