Rumor: Say it aint so Dats!

lucaseider

Apr 15, 2006
mactown
I dont believe anything about him being worried about the abuse, pav is a warrior and more often than not instigates physical play.

RedWingsNow*

If Holland had talks with Datsyuk or his agent, would he tell the media?
How much talking about a contract can you do before it becomes negotiating

Hammerheart

Now how about a hug?
Aug 1, 2011
Can't get mad at him at all if he does leave. He's done so much for this team, gave us so many years of highlight reel goals, plays, passes, maneuvers. He's been my favorite player since he debuted, and will always be my favorite player of all time. Rumor or not, it's not looking very good unless Kenny can somehow convince him to stay at least a little while longer.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
As a Sharks fan who just saw one of my favorite players get dangled out of his jock by Dats, please don't leave. The NHL needs him and he should stay for at least 2 more years.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
As a Sharks fan who just saw one of my favorite players get dangled out of his jock by Dats, please don't leave. The NHL needs him and he should stay for at least 2 more years.

Thanks for the kind words.

I certainly feel Datsyuk has the type of game and talent that could have him playing great hockey into 40 and maybe a little beyond. If Whitney and Jagr can keep putting up nice seasons, no reason to think Datsyuk couldn't pull it off.

Another 6 years would be a pure delight, but I try not to get my hopes up.

pucci2001

Jun 3, 2012
As a leaf fan I want him to stick around, we don't get much Wings stuff on tv since they went out west and the rivalry is sorely missed. Him and Crosby are the epitome of a complete hockey player, Dats hands are one of a kind any time I watch him play he makes me smile even though I've been raised to hate the wings he convinces me not to. Here's to at least one more year and the olympics at least as well as the years of revelling in the highlights and comparisons from shoot out goals for years to come. Also he can feel free to sign here too and play with Kessel after.../dream.

Gerin

Aug 15, 2010
British Columbia
Been my favourite player, and 1 of the nhls most complete players. The writing on the wall is on this 1 (if its true but really..) hopefully the he can end his Red Wings days next year with a good run for the cup! but i will continue to keep watching his youtube videos long after he even retires from the KHL

loLZokAY

str8 gonger
Apr 11, 2011
Datsyuk13 Pavel Datsyuk
@JustinVerlander congrats on the new contract! Mr. Ilitch spent all his money. Nothing left for me ;-). pic.twitter.com/sSWVwgMqaw

Got this from another forum, haha.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
It's a rumor, right now. That's all. I'd say we have a few more years before he goes.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Pavel Datsyuk's agent, Gary Greenstin, was in Toronto visiting client Mikhail Grabovski. We talked about rumours Datsyuk will play the last year of his contract next season, then go back to Russia. Greenstin said he'd just been in Detroit and talked with Ken Holland. He wouldn't go too deeply into those conservations, but it did sound like they discussed the possibility of an extension. (Datsyuk cannot sign anything until July 5.) He added that if Datsyuk stays, it will be with the Red Wings. "Playing with one team is very important to him."

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/opi...raig-mactavish-poised-to-shake-up-oilers.html

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL

Greenstin said back in January

“We go step by step,'' Greenstin said. “My suggestion is he stay in Detroit. Pavel's not a traitor. Right now, they build the team around Pavel and (Henrik) Zetterberg.

“If he stays in North America, he will stay in Detroit. (But), it's too early to talk about things.''

Greenstin added, “He loves to play hockey. He's in great shape. He works hard. I know he has the ability to play a lot more seasons.''

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2013/01/red_wings_pavel_datsyuk_will_r_1.html

He has said things along these lines several times. It seems his agent advises him to sign a two or three year deal and then do the Russia thing. Maybe if Russia disappoints in the Olympics he will stay in the NHL until 2018 then have his send off party. Datsyuk really could make that team as a 39 year old and then have a couple last seasons in Russia just something to think about. We are going to have to give him north of 7 million and to a 35+ contract, but I would do it for Datsyuk.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Greenstin said back in January

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2013/01/red_wings_pavel_datsyuk_will_r_1.html

He has said things along these lines several times. It seems his agent advises him to sign a two or three year deal and then do the Russia thing. Maybe if Russia disappoints in the Olympics he will stay in the NHL until 2018 then have his send off party. Datsyuk really could make that team as a 39 year old and then have a couple last seasons in Russia just something to think about. We are going to have to give him north of 7 million and to a 35+ contract, but I would do it for Datsyuk.

Personally, I'm not the biggest fan of Greenstin.. seems to say a lo of things.. and not back them up. Maybe I'm wrong, just my impression.

But I trust Friedman. One of the best reporters out there. 2-3 more years of Dats would help a lot. I think he could be 50-60 point with near Selke level player in his 40s. But that might be too much to ask. I'd very happy with 2-3 more years. Make it 7+. I'd do it, it would help the kids a lot to learn from him.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Personally, I'm not the biggest fan of Greenstin.. seems to say a lo of things.. and not back them up. Maybe I'm wrong, just my impression.

But I trust Friedman. One of the best reporters out there. 2-3 more years of Dats would help a lot. I think he could be 50-60 point with near Selke level player in his 40s. But that might be too much to ask. I'd very happy with 2-3 more years. Make it 7+. I'd do it, it would help the kids a lot to learn from him.

I have a buddy who is a client of his and really likes him, so I have heard good things. If I remember right Datsyuk has two agents, but I could be wrong on that, just thought he had a guy that handles his overseas stuff. It isn't unusual for some of the high profile guys to have that.

7r4n

Catsyuk has Dangles
Apr 19, 2012
If I'm not mistaken he's been divorced for a few years now, his daughter and ex-wife are in Russia.

This is taken from Pavel's Facebook page when he did a Q&A type deal.

"@MagggazIne Q. What are your near term goals? A. Sport: Stanley Cup, Sochi 2014 Personal: to be role model husband and father."

Now I am unsure if the rumours about his divorce are true... Anyways I think this would be a big factor why Datsyuk might want to go home. Months without seeing his daughter and possibly wife probably takes it's toll...

The nice part of me wishes him the best, the selfish part of me says stay!

joe89

Apr 30, 2009

Honestly, everybody would want Pavel to play til he's 40, but if we could get him to 37 or 38 that would be great enough. And it's likely before he even noticeably declines. 3 x 7,5, keeps everybody happy.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Honestly, everybody would want Pavel to play til he's 40, but if we could get him to 37 or 38 that would be great enough. And it's likely before he even noticeably declines. 3 x 7,5, keeps everybody happy.

Datsyuk has been a little underpaid, so maybe Holland has to pay a bit more to keep him. But we have to keep him. I would not mind to give him 8M

Stay, stay, stay Pasha!!!:yo::yo::yo:

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
Datsyuk has been a little underpaid, so maybe Holland has to pay a bit more to keep him. But we have to keep him. I would not mind to give him 8M

Stay, stay, stay Pasha!!!:yo::yo::yo:

10Mil for 3 seasons. Ya I would pay that. There really isnt a number "within reason" that i wouldn't pay (meaning <11Million because NO player can earn more than 10-10.5Mil without it being ludicrous on the cap hit.)

I think a fair deal would be 7.5-8 Million. IF he wants more... hahah you got us...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->