Rumor: Say it aint so Dats!

Hendricks433

Feb 18, 2013
Win a cup? Next year?:laugh:

This could be done with bringing in a couple of good top 6 forwards and 1 good defense man.

Id rather ship prospects to bring in a big scoring winger for Datsyuks line with a couple of other moves and have a shot at the Cup than hoping some prospects turn out and we are good many years from now.

We see it all the time with big trades, prospects and picks rarely turn out and the side with the proven superstar usually wins.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
You guys are forgetting that no team is going to want to trade the farm for an elite player who will only stay one year.

Frankly, we wouldn't get much for Datsyuk because of that and I'm disgusted we're even talking about this. Datsyuk has been nothing short of phenomenal for us, and although I want him to stay, if he wants to leave to go back to Russia, we should accept that and appreciate what he's given us. Not pimp him out in a crass attempt to get assets. Let him leave the NHL with some dignity.

We don't to get much, but it's just nice to have something. He has great value. It bounces any contender to another level if they can add Pavel for the playoff run.

Hendricks433

Feb 18, 2013
Theyre talking about the article on 97.1 the ticket. They seem to want to move him for prospects and picks to blow the thing up and rebuild. Said the Wings have absolutely no one coming up. Granted we dont have a Datsyuk or Zetterburg but we do have some talent. Then make a few FA signings and it wouldnt take long to bounce back.

Hendricks433

Feb 18, 2013
We don't to get much, but it's just nice to have something. He has great value. It bounces any contender to another level if they can add Pavel for the playoff run.

Agreed. Plenty of teams would sell a lot of their farm system for greatly increasing their chances at a Cup.

FlashyG

Dec 15, 2011
Toronto
Nope. GM was fired before the coach.

Actually, the Coach was the first firing.

Jacques Martin was fired and Cunneyworth took over on an interim basis and naming a non french speaking Head Coach even on an interim Basis is what got Gauthier fired.

Bergevin just did what he was directed to do by ownership and replaced the English speaking coach with the French speaking Therrien.

GT500x

Im OK where we're at
Jun 15, 2008
My comfort zone
Theyre talking about the article on 97.1 the ticket. They seem to want to move him for prospects and picks to blow the thing up and rebuild. Said the Wings have absolutely no one coming up. Granted we dont have a Datsyuk or Zetterburg but we do have some talent. Then make a few FA signings and it wouldnt take long to bounce back.

I'm the one that texted Mike and Terry the link yesterday

sepster

Gerard Gallant is my Spirit Animal
Aug 19, 2005
North of the 'D"
Going into this season I had the mentality of just watching and enjoying Datsyuk play his game. The state of the team as it sits today is pretty much exactly what I expected from this roster, so I told myself to just enjoy Datsyuk's game. I pretty much did the same thing with Holmstrom and Lidstrom's play the last 2 seasons.

Datsyuk is truly a marvel to watch and whatever he decides to do after his current contract is up I won't begrudge him either way. Of course, I'd love to see him sign on for an additional 2 years but I understand the supposed reasoning if he doesn't. Also, I don't think Datsyuk is one of those players that you move in order to get some compensation for him. However, if he pulls a Sundin (tells the team not move him, I'd like to stay and then signs with another NHL team in the offseason) THAT would be a huge slap to the face of the organization and I would understand some very harsh feelings towards him. Don't think that will happen though.

So, I will continue to marvel at his game for the next season and a half, hope that he decides to stay a little longer, and wish him luck and good fortune if he decides not to.

r7carlson24

Mar 15, 2013
Why?

These two idiots KNOW NOTHING about the NHL and the Red Wings.
Listening to these two talk about the NHL is painful

DING DING DING!

Karcsh and Anderson are ok when it comes to hockey knowledge, but I truly doubt they have any idea what is going on in terms of our prospects. Mike and Terry probably just assume since there's no Stamkos in the system we must have no one.

r7carlson24

Mar 15, 2013
Of the major pieces we have to trade only Zetterberg and Datsyuk are going to bring in a huge haul. Zetterberg is the captain and won't be traded and the rumors of Datsyuk leaving would hurt his value. The old guys like Cleary, Bert, Sammy etc. aren't going to bring any high round picks or good young talent. In reality the team has already been "blown up" through retirements. We have quite a bit of young talent that is on the roster. To me, if the player isn't going to bring in a 1st or 2nd rounder in return there's not much value. The later rounds are a crapshoot and rely on a lot of luck.

63 Joakim Andersson 24
24 Damien Brunner 27
13 Pavel Datsyuk 34
25 Cory Emmerton 24
51 Valtteri Filppula 28
43 Darren Helm 26
14 Gustav Nyquist 23
40 Henrik Zetterberg 32

LEFT WINGS

8 Justin Abdelkader 26
93 Johan Franzen 33
20 Drew Miller 29

RIGHT WINGS

44 Todd Bertuzzi 38
11 Daniel Cleary 34
17 Patrick Eaves 28
37 Mikael Samuelsson 36
22 Jordin Tootoo 30

DEFENSE

28 Carlo Colaiacovo 30
52 Jonathan Ericsson 29
3 Kent Huskins 33
4 Jakub Kindl 26
55 Niklas Kronwall 32
23 Brian Lashoff 22
27 Kyle Quincey 27
2 Brendan Smith 24
18 Ian White 28

GOALIES

50 Jonas Gustavsson 28
35 Jimmy Howard 28

crashman

DING DING DING!

Karcsh and Anderson are ok when it comes to hockey knowledge, but I truly doubt they have any idea what is going on in terms of our prospects. Mike and Terry probably just assume since there's no Stamkos in the system we must have no one.

The only people in Detroit radio that know anything about hockey and the Red Wings are Ken Kal and Dennis Fithian.

DatsyukianDeke*

Hopefully this isn't credible. I remember the last few years when Datsyuk wasn't on the ice, our offense was completely gone. We have no one that could even enter the zone.

I fully understand him leaving though, Rafalski gone, Lidstrom gone, Holmstrom gone, no one replaced them. He can see where the team is heading when Holland does absolutely nothing to change the team or replace those guys.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
To me, if the player isn't going to bring in a 1st or 2nd rounder in return there's not much value. The later rounds are a crapshoot and rely on a lot of luck.

Those later rounds are not crapshoot if you have meny of them. Then you have better possibility to have "crap" that hits the home-run.

Every pick makes our probability better to find the next Datsyuk there with some pick. Why is this so hard to undestand, pretty obvious thing? Of course it's not that exact pick from that trade we could get a decent player, but the bigger amount of picks we have, the better the possibility.

r7carlson24

Mar 15, 2013
Those later rounds are not crapshoot if you have meny of them. Then you have better possibility to have "crap" that hits the home-run.

Every pick makes our probability better to find the next Datsyuk there with some pick. Why is this so hard to undestand, pretty obvious thing? Of course it's not that exact pick from that trade we could get a decent player, but the bigger amount of picks we have, the better the possibility.

I get that, but the odds are still very small that we will get another Pav or Hank. I guess when I think about "blowing it up" that means acquiring the pieces that will guarantee you'll turn it around eventually (ie. drafting a Crosby, Malkin, etc. to build around). There's always a chance we can hit a homerun with late round picks, but nearly as high as a 1st or 2nd rounder.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I get that, but the odds are still very small that we will get another Pav or Hank. I guess when I think about "blowing it up" that means acquiring the pieces that will guarantee you'll turn it around eventually (ie. drafting a Crosby, Malkin, etc. to build around). There's always a chance we can hit a homerun with late round picks, but nearly as high as a 1st or 2nd rounder.

I think Datsyuk's price could be at least a 1st rounder.

Doug Weight netted more than that at 2006 deadline, at it was more than clear that he is a pure rental (like Datsyuk will be) and Hurricanes will lose him back to St. Louis at summer.

To Blues:
Jesse Boulerice
Mike Zigomanis
2006 1st round pick (#30-Matthew Corrente)
2006 4th round pick (#106-Reto Berra)
2007 4th round pick (#96-Cade Fairchild)
rights to Magnus Kahnberg

January 30, 2006

To Carolina
Doug Weight
rights to Erkki Rajamaki

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Just wanted to leave this here. I remember a few weeks ago some people having such homer goggles on that they thought taking Datsyuk late in the draft was a strategy because our scouts were soooooooo good and we were sooooooo sure that no one else knew about him

http://imgur.com/LhBKoif.jpg

But not really. People need to stop seeing the Wings management and coaching as gods amongst mere mortals, people with perfect foresight. They might be really good at their jobs, but they can still make mistakes and this constant "they know best" crap is really just unsupportable.

They got lucky with Datsyuk. That's about all there is to it. They know it, every objective fan here knows it
Props to the scouts for seeing potential, but clearly if they thought he might be the superstar he is today, they would have taken the guy way earlier.

r7carlson24

Mar 15, 2013
I think Datsyuk's price could be at least a 1st rounder.

Doug Weight netted more than that at 2006 deadline, at it was more than clear that he is a pure rental (like Datsyuk will be) and Hurricanes will lose him back to St. Louis at summer.

To Blues:
Jesse Boulerice
Mike Zigomanis
2006 1st round pick (#30-Matthew Corrente)
2006 4th round pick (#106-Reto Berra)
2007 4th round pick (#96-Cade Fairchild)
rights to Magnus Kahnberg

January 30, 2006

To Carolina
Doug Weight
rights to Erkki Rajamaki

If they trade Datsyuk they better get multiple first and second rounders and or top end prospects. I think we'd both agree there is no comparison between Datsyuk and Weight.

I guess my point is I don't think a lot of the older guys like Cleary, Bert, Sammy will get much in return. But if that's what the price on Weight was maybe I'm wrong. I do think Cleary has a no movement clause though which is an issue.

RedWingsNow*

So trade your Clearys and Abdelkaders for 6th and 7th rounders

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->