Saw Glenn Anderson Today Shopping At...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Copmuter*

Value Village in Burnaby

A Hall of Fame player shopping for second hand clothes?

Kinda surprising to see

I didn't end up talking to him, but I did visit the literature section looking for a hockey book for him to sign...

Couldn't find one that mentioned him though

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
Some people like to be shrewd shoppers regardless of income. You see millionaires on that Extreme Cheapskates all the time.

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
You can often get some pretty nice second hand clothes, plenty to go around.

Sinistril

Oct 26, 2008

Also, you were also shopping at Value Village. Just because you are for some reason ashamed of it doesn't mean he has to be. I get paid alot of money and go into thrift stores every now and then. There are some gems in there, it can give you stylistic ideas, and some clothes in there just aren't available elsewhere. I'd rather go to a thrift store and try something that has been used but is well made, then order something from China off the internet without knowing the size or quality.

Last edited:

The Red Line

Oct 11, 2010
He's a person. Let him be a person.

Imagine if some random guy on the internet posted every one of your whereabouts.

Semantics

PUBLIC ENEMY #1
Jan 3, 2007
San Francisco
He is broke, or at least that's what he claimed in the early 2000s when he was brought to court for not paying child support I believe.

Wouldn't be that surprising, his hey day was when players made a lot less than they do now, he only made around $4M total and could easily have paid close to half that in taxes and perhaps burned through a lot of the rest, especially if he didn't get a good job after retiring but tried to keep living the same lifestyle.

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
He's a person. Let him be a person.

Imagine if some random guy on the internet posted every one of your whereabouts.

"he was at home all week, i don't think he left the house once."

6Qk7B.png

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
Who cares?

You or I or anyone don't know his reasons. I don't need to shop at Value Village, but I've been there before for various reasons - attending an "Ugly Sweater party" that night and got myself a sweet Vancouver Grizzlies pullover.

Also had the biggest score of my life at a Value Village, book section is always great there you can pick out 5 books for like 3 dollars. Anyway, browsing away and see some weird looking copy of "No Country for Old Men" by Cormac McCarthy, weird because it said on the spine "On Sale July 2005". Looked inside, wasn't even dated as an edition. Whatever, bought it took it home. Did some research it's an advance copy that was or should have been sent to the author himself for approval on the cover and proof reading.

Paid about 50 cents for it. Found one of the exact copies listed online that was sold for $1700. How it ever went from the hands of Cormac McCarthy to a thrift shop in Edmonton is a mystery I will never know.

Anyway long anecdote over. What were YOU doing in Value Village?

Morrison

Jul 5, 2007
Value Village in Burnaby

Kinda surprising to see

I didn't end up talking to him, but I did visit the literature section looking for a hockey book for him to sign...

1. In my country, the second hand business has literally exploded and are today a multi-billion business and very profitable for all the social classes.
2. So you mean that a person who had/has big income or are a public person, are prohibited to buy this sort of stuff? I remember that I read back in second half of 2000's that a world-known and wealthy sportsman in the United Kingdom, was spotted in the discount line so he could get back half of what he paid or something like that. That was big news back then but was really a "making a mountain out of a molehill" thing.

Big Phil

Nov 2, 2003
He is broke, or at least that's what he claimed in the early 2000s when he was brought to court for not paying child support I believe.

Wouldn't be that surprising, his hey day was when players made a lot less than they do now, he only made around $4M total and could easily have paid close to half that in taxes and perhaps burned through a lot of the rest, especially if he didn't get a good job after retiring but tried to keep living the same lifestyle.

Anderson was being sought after by a Vancouver woman for child support payments from a child she had with him in 1989. He said at the time that the woman assumed he had money but that he didn't. Anderson lived a high rolling life style at one point. My guess is he calmed down a lot, but as a player he was a party animal. He never struck me as the kind of guy intent on saving his money.

That being said, I'm sure he's doing alright now but might want some clothes that don't cost $50 a shirt.

Is the OP sure it was him though?

If that were Kevin Lowe, he'd be shopping at Winners.

Not since 1994 Kevin. Oh..........you mean winners as in "Winners" the store. Gotcha.

OneMoreAstronaut

Reduce chainsaw size
May 3, 2003
Value Village in Burnaby

Kinda surprising to see

Saw internet forum user Copmuter today shopping at...

Value Village in Burnaby

An internet forum user shopping for second hand clothes?

Kinda surprising to see

Guido Sarducci

Aug 7, 2012
canyon meadows
Value Village in Burnaby

Kinda surprising to see

So your first thought was to stalk him and ask for a favour. And your second thought was to shame him on the net. Stay Classy.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Lol so? If athletes or famous/rich people wanna be thrifty and shop at Value Voltage or some other second hand store, then let them do so.

Choralone

Oct 16, 2010
Burbank, CA
Hey, he loves his Mom just as much as the next guy. Just because he buys his Mom's Mothers Day gifts there doesn't mean otherwise, alright?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad