Saving trees. NHL going digital replacing NHL record book

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Not surprising, I always liked the Guide and Record but with everything online these days no surprise to see this happen.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
NHL Records

Here's the BOG listing. (Had to go to top menu->Organizations->BOG to get to it. Definitely will take some getting used to new navigating.)

(Think I counted a grand total of five ladies in the picture.)

Wolf357

Jul 16, 2011
I used to get one every year always had it on the coffee table during games and was great for settling arguments with the guys over hockey trivia... last few years though we just Googled the question on our cell phones..
Also had the Massive hockey bible they printed like 20 years ago and haven’t printed a update (as far as I know) The Bible had every imaginable stat for every player so skate a shift in The NHL it was massive and it was awesome.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
FWIW, I went and looked up my order history. I ordered it end of July. Got the "we don't know when it'll ship" 9/6.

Nothing yet on a cancellation. (I do like having the snapshot of "season start" stats in print/for posterity)

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Received official notice or order cancellation from Amazon.

Always nice covers to commemorate last season's winner.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I mean might as well, the records consistently change every single game at the very least. Instead of having to re-make record books why not just keep everyone up to speed the right way and not having to do it over and over again every single year.

Only downside is seeing who previously held the record, would be nice to have every players' resume as to how long they held a certain record(s) for.

Ex.
NHL Rookie Record for most goals in a season
Bossy 1978-1993
Teemu Selanne 1993-Present

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I am sad about this but it was inevitable.

I'm hoping the NHL will at least offer a PDF version like many of the teams now do with the media guide,

Reactions: Llama19

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
I am sad about this but it was inevitable.

I'm hoping the NHL will at least offer a PDF version like many of the teams now do with the media guide,
That`s the direction the NFL went a few years ago and I see they are still producing them.

I can understand cancelling the print edition but I don`t understand not producing a pdf almanac each season.

I hope they rethink this, the guide was a valuable resource to me and I know to others.

Add: For anyone interested, the AHL did produce a pdf Guide and Record book for 2018-19:

2018-19 AHL Guide & Record Book | TheAHL.com | The American Hockey League

Last edited:

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
The companies I work with have been talking about going paperless for what feels like a decade now and yet some have actually started sending us MORE paper in recent years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad