HabsHockey*

EDIT: Nevermind

Last edited by a moderator:

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
The deal is dead. They are safe.

no the deal came back this week and was accepted by the federal Competition Bureau with the exception of a couple of TV channels, but its still pending on the CRTC side once again

EDIT : Tony Marinaro almost promised to stop singing on air if enough people sign the petition just now

HabsHockey*

no the deal came back this week and was accepted by the federal Competition Bureau with the exception of a couple of TV channels, but its still pending on the CRTC side once again

Ya just saw it.

rwb

Jan 28, 2013
When your only choices in Ontario are listening to All Leafs all the time Fan590, or TSN690, then it is worth saving

Try living IN Toronto. :laugh: We don't even get TSN690. It's TSN1050 which is even more of the Leafs brainwashing campaigns. Throw in 640, the Official Station, Leafs Nation and that's pretty much enough to make me want to rip my ears off sometimes. I wish there was more Habs coverage.

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
Try living IN Toronto. :laugh: We don't even get TSN690. It's TSN1050 which is even more of the Leafs brainwashing campaigns. Throw in 640, the Official Station, Leafs Nation and that's pretty much enough to make me want to rip my ears off sometimes. I wish there was more Habs coverage.

"our subject of the day : should Kessel be less good to make the game fair? bob's on line one"

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
This. Mitch Melnick will have no problem taking his show to another station. The rest aren't worth saving.

Not even that big of a Melnick fan. Dude cares more about playing old rock songs than actually discussing real hockey issues.

yoyo999

May 24, 2012
Converting TSN690 to RDS is not a part of the new package. The new deal has an exmeption in it to allow this, because of the support people showed with the previous deal.

Even if the deal goes through, TSN690 will stay TSN.

disturbedraven

Lets rock
Apr 11, 2005
Peterborough
www.fhockey.com

I live in Peterborough, we don't get it here either. I use the radio from the tsn website and/or my iphone. All we got here is what you got, 690, 1050, or on good days (no clouds) 550 in Buffalo.

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
Converting TSN690 to RDS is not a part of the new package. The new deal has an exmeption in it to allow this, because of the support people showed with the previous deal.

Even if the deal goes through, TSN690 will stay TSN.

well the petition is promoted by TSN, so i'm guessing there's something to worry about

Domenic

Jan 13, 2007
Calgary, AB
Not even that big of a Melnick fan. Dude cares more about playing old rock songs than actually discussing real hockey issues.

Really like his conversations with Pierre McGuire and Bill Lee.

Should also mention Elliot Price and Ted Bird, but again, they won't have a problem finding new jobs.

RushDP

Nov 9, 2006
Really like his conversations with Pierre McGuire and Bill Lee.

Should also mention Elliot Price and Ted Bird, but again, they won't have a problem finding new jobs.

What English all sports radio station will they find jobs at that we can listen to daily?

Rather than kill the station why not demand it gets better instead?

I don't get people that want to kill the only sports radio station we've ever had.

Not The One

Feb 28, 2002
Montréal, Qc.
Bell-Astral demande une exception pour garder TSN Radio à Montréal

Bell demande au CRTC de faire une exception et de lui laisser garder la station de radio TSN 690 Montreal dans le cadre de l'acquisition d'Astral.

Selon les règles de propriété commune du CRTC, Bell-Astral doit se départir de sa radio sportive car l'entreprise comptera alors trop de stations de radio anglophones à Montréal. Bell fait valoir que cette exception «permettrait à [TSN 690 Montreal] de continuer d'offrir un service de radio sportive à la communauté minoritaire de langue anglaise» et «n'aurait aucune incidence néfaste sur les stations existantes», selon les documents dévoilés par le CRTC ce matin.

Bell has requested an exception to ownership limits in order to keep TSN690. It isn't a given that they will be allowed by the CRTC do do this.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
It's filled with idiots sure but it's easy to access out of town, it's valuable for us anglophones out of town and I sometimes listen to it while commuting and at work.

I just never see that station ever improving to the point of offering anything even HF Boards doesn't already give me. And it's not like we're known as paragons of intelligent conversation here. I understand there are those who commute to work and want some sports talks in the mornings and afternoons. There are those who live in Ontario and want some habs talk there as well. I'm not part of these demographics, so I don't speak for them. As a bilingual Québécois habs fan, I can honestly say, "**** our radio coverage".

*throws down mic*

GoHabsGo57

Feb 8, 2008
Cornwall, Ontario
This. Mitch Melnick will have no problem taking his show to another station. The rest aren't worth saving.

I love Melnick's show. A mix of rock and sports talk is everything I want in radio all in one. IF TSN 690 doesn't survive (I hope it is around forever), Bell would be wise to move Melnick over to the afternoon drive on CHOM.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->