Saturday nights just ain't the same

Countdown0

Deep Breath... nope, still mad!
Jun 28, 2010
Ottawa
I'm conflicted.

On one side, less games on CBC means less Leafs/Habs bias getting shoved down our throat.

On the other hand, games in the afternoon feel so early >.< Its just... bleh...

I guess I'd to give the afternoon games a stamp of approval, just for the sake of the Leafs/Habs bias not being present to the same degree as usual. Its better that way. If only CBC didn't try to vilify Gryba last time we played the Habs for his (clean) hit on Eller. And you know, if they didn't all want to bend over for the Leafs...

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
I'm conflicted.

On one side, less games on CBC means less Leafs/Habs bias getting shoved down our throat.

On the other hand, games in the afternoon feel so early >.< Its just... bleh...

I guess I'd to give the afternoon games a stamp of approval, just for the sake of the Leafs/Habs bias not being present to the same degree as usual. Its better that way. If only CBC didn't try to vilify Gryba last time we played the Habs for his (clean) hit on Eller. And you know, if they didn't all want to bend over for the Leafs...

But for the players, at least the Canadian ones, HNIC is like Monday night football. I'm sure they get up for those kind of games and the crowds help a lot too. playing afternoon games take them out of their routines.

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
But for the players, at least the Canadian ones, HNIC is like Monday night football. I'm sure they get up for those kind of games and the crowds help a lot too. playing afternoon games take them out of their routines.

Then we do get the odd Saturday night game, and it's against the leafs.

SilverSeven

Apr 16, 2007
Ottawa, Ontario
I wonder if its a bid to lure the next generation of fans. More kids at afternoon games, Sens need to build a long term fan base. So many older residents of Ottawa are Leaf or Habs fans as they were the teams growing up.

This excuse worked 10 years ago. The generation that grew up with this team is mine.. And I am 27. Afternoon games suck.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
The atmosphere has been dreadful every game, afternoon or evening. I don't mind the afternoon games because I can bring my kids, but obviously with 15k at the game Sunday, there are those who clearly do not like it.

I am convinced that the slow start and lack of energy is directly related to the awful game atmosphere at CTC.

pzeeman

May 15, 2013
Aylmer
I cut cable/satellite about 3 years ago. OTA HD (about 15 channels, half French) and Netflix are how I get my content. This all means that I only get games through CBC - so yeah, Saturday Nights just ain't the same.

PS- I've signed up for Game Center package that gets me the instant highlights, and I would have signed up for the package that gets you live games - except for that whole out-of-market business. I am aware of the streaming websites, but that's simply not an option for me.

TheSenator

The other guys
Apr 4, 2013
Ottawa, ON
Saturday night, 7 PM vs Detroit!

Wooooooooh!

tumblr_llax2rbRRS1qg87cc.gif

koreaboy

Oct 14, 2010
i know for a fact from talking to one of the sens marketing people that they did NOT request these weekend day games, and that they wanted to traditional Tuesday-Thursday-Saturday night slots for our home games. but then the league and the broadcasters step in and, like always, we get screwed by HNIC and the "national"-errrrrr- Toronto media who want the leafs on Saturday nights.

it has bothered me since '93. we have to give up the best hockey night of the week to appease leaf fans. its unacceptable. I bitterly, bitterly resent not being able to watch my own team many Saturday nights.

Max Power

Nov 15, 2005
What the hell is wrong with Friday night games? Love them, get off work for the weekend, crack a pint and put your feet up for a game. It's the small things in life that matter :)

I like the nostalgia of Sat night games so I hear why people miss it, we're creatures of habit. But I love the Friday games

Not a big fan of the afternoon games though.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
What the hell is wrong with Friday night games? Love them, get off work for the weekend, crack a pint and put your feet up for a game. It's the small things in life that matter :)

I like the nostalgia of Sat night games so I hear why people miss it, we're creatures of habit. But I love the Friday games

Not a big fan of the afternoon games though.

I feel exactly the same way. If im home on saturday i watch hockey regardless, it's nice when its the Sens but its nice to see other teams as well. Especially west teams in the late game.

Afternoon games just feel wrong.

GimmeMyJetpack

Classless.
Jun 25, 2012
Ottawa
I believe I've been to every home afternoon game this year and i can safely say the crowd sucks. Too many kids, and too many empty seats. Now with that said as a smoker i do enjoy being able to get out faster at the intermission and the washroom lines move more quickly. Is it worth being at a game with a terrible crowd...no.

Plus you basically miss the whole day, i get up late go the game come out and boom nighttime.

It also takes a ridiculous amount of time just to go from Terry Fox station to CTC, seriously why the hell are there so many damn lights in that little stretch of road.

1 saturday night game so far this year...that's it and it wasnt even at home. Pathetic.

SilverSeven

Apr 16, 2007
Ottawa, Ontario
I cut cable/satellite about 3 years ago. OTA HD (about 15 channels, half French) and Netflix are how I get my content. This all means that I only get games through CBC - so yeah, Saturday Nights just ain't the same.

PS- I've signed up for Game Center package that gets me the instant highlights, and I would have signed up for the package that gets you live games - except for that whole out-of-market business. I am aware of the streaming websites, but that's simply not an option for me.

A vpn is $5 a month. Its how I watch all my games. Game center rules. Use the vpn to change countries when you sign up. Canadians get charged $70 more.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->