GDT: Saturday Night Massacre?|Jackets-Penguins|7:00 PM

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Small and probably meaningless but did anyone notice Riley Nash was the only guy not to knock heads with Bob at the end of the game?
He never does this, never ever in his time here. I always pay attention to these kind of stuff, like when 58 and 18 were doing those head bumps with Bob over and over again, and PLD stopped after Torts benched him in Arizona game. He actually was 1st off the ice, so pissed he was.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gagnefan924

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
I mean everyone remember this, right? :D

ezgif-2-f79e4a3f402a.gif

Last edited:

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
You’re both right! Both are bad. Both were on ice for only goal tonight. Wonder how a 50-10-37 4th line might do? One might argue Dubi won’t be there for FOs, but that’s not helped prevent a minus 15 in limited ice time.

Duchene and Jenner have better faceoff % than Dubi, and on the 4th line Wennberg is around 50% these days, so we really don't need Dubi for anything. It's not like when you take Wennberg out and it disrupts the PK. There isn't anything we need from Dubinsky. The speed of 50-10-37 would be really nice to see.

Long Live Lyle

Feb 10, 2019
Chicago, IL
Outstanding effort tonight. Hopefully this was a bit of a monkey off the back, both for future years against the Pens and the remainder of the season. That Dzingel assist should take some weight off his shoulders. He had a couple here already, but neither of them were like the one he had tonight.

71-38-77 was great. We’re set up very well at RW for years to come with 13, 28, 77. Still would like to see a 4th line of 37-10-50. 18 seems to be struggling a bit. Perhaps connected with the fact that...

Artemi’s still not at his best and hasn’t been for a couple weeks now. Don’t know if it’s disappointment at still being here, an undisclosed injury or just a natural slump. But I maintain that, no matter the reason, he’ll be fine by playoff time, presuming we get in (and I think we will). And it’s impressive the way we won tonight with a quiet game from him.

Really good game for Bob. Probably the most impressive thing though is that he didn’t have to be outstanding tonight. Says a lot about how the team played in front of him since he only allowed one goal and the opponent was the Pens, yet he was simply “really good” and not “incredible”. Thought none of our D were weak tonight. McQuaid’s best game in a CBJ uniform (not saying much, but still).

Let’s keep it up and get this thing rolling!!

Last edited:

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
Just watched a clip on instagram and it just reminded me but some of you guys say it looks like Panarin seems uninterested, avoiding to get an injury etc but during some of the scrum, he was actually getting involved and getting pissed. Saw some punches thrown by him. He was going at it with Holmqvist.

Last edited:
Reactions: Multigrain

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Just watched a clip on instagram and it just reminded me but some of you guys say it looks like Panarin seems uninterested, avoiding to get an injury etc but during some of the scrum, he was actually getting involved and getting pissed. Saw some punches thrown by him. He was going at it with Holmqvist.

aRussian

Oct 21, 2007
Ohio
Had to watch the recording as had other commitments.

The good:
-Offense turned a new leaf (D included in this). Short, crisp passes. Shot variety; fast puck movement. Got lots of high quality chances.
-Had more than a single line going; no line-o-matic
-1st period showed what this team can do; nevermind Murray robbing a few.
-Penguins star players were just names tonight
-Pen bandwagoners get to enjoy their 20 minute drive home
-CBJ chant kills the “woo” bullshit. Energetic crowd; team gave reason for crowd to be in it.

The neutral:
-2nd line was very mixed bag. Many rushes ended up with no shots. Some difficulty maintaining possession in the zone. They had some shifts that showed “we’re starting to get it” that ended night with good goal.
-Could probably count this as “good”, but I personally found it annoying that Pitt ices it so frequently. I suppose kudos to us for forcing. 2nd period seemed to have a weird pace from it
-Puck luck; so many chancy deflections in our end that didn’t end up in our net. I believe teams create their own luck, though. Can’t get a lucky bounce if you don’t put it in the position to give you a lucky bounce

The bad:
-Despite strong game from majority of team, still have some stragglers. Need to find a way to make our 4th line contribute outside of just chewing up some icetime.
-Terrible towels need to be burned outside the arena. Seriously looks like you soaked up a particularly eggregious piss. I think it’s the same as taking off drawers with a giant skidmark and waving them about (no bias ;))

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
Now that is the way to win a hockey game. I got my moneys worth last night. Went to BG to watch them beat Mich Tech beating their round first opponent in the WCHA playoffs, then when home watched the dvr'd Jackets game. So much win last night!

Reactions: LoveCBJ

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Had to watch the recording as had other commitments.

The good:
-Offense turned a new leaf (D included in this). Short, crisp passes. Shot variety; fast puck movement. Got lots of high quality chances.
-Had more than a single line going; no line-o-matic
-1st period showed what this team can do; nevermind Murray robbing a few.
-Penguins star players were just names tonight
-Pen bandwagoners get to enjoy their 20 minute drive home
-CBJ chant kills the “woo” bull****. Energetic crowd; team gave reason for crowd to be in it.

The neutral:
-2nd line was very mixed bag. Many rushes ended up with no shots. Some difficulty maintaining possession in the zone. They had some shifts that showed “we’re starting to get it” that ended night with good goal.
-Could probably count this as “good”, but I personally found it annoying that Pitt ices it so frequently. I suppose kudos to us for forcing. 2nd period seemed to have a weird pace from it
-Puck luck; so many chancy deflections in our end that didn’t end up in our net. I believe teams create their own luck, though. Can’t get a lucky bounce if you don’t put it in the position to give you a lucky bounce

The bad:
-Despite strong game from majority of team, still have some stragglers. Need to find a way to make our 4th line contribute outside of just chewing up some icetime.
-Terrible towels need to be burned outside the arena. Seriously looks like you soaked up a particularly eggregious piss. I think it’s the same as taking off drawers with a giant skidmark and waving them about (no bias ;))
Love the line Pens bandwagoners get to enjoy their 20 minute ride home :laugh:

Multigrain

Sep 9, 2018
I noticed the same thing? Whats up wondering if bringing Duchene in has messed with the chemistry a little bit?

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
I’m still hyped up over this win! Just about everyone on the roster played well.

I’m hoping this marks a new path for Bob in the series. Amazing stat from Porty. Bob had lost 10 of last 11 vs Pens yet owns a 12-8-5 record against them.

Anisimovs AK

Apr 14, 2006
Columbus, OH
I noticed the same thing? Whats up wondering if bringing Duchene in has messed with the chemistry a little bit?
Its a fair question. Just like wondering why Torts would break up PLD-Panarin-Atkinson while also not helping the two Ottawa acquisitions transition into the lineup by keeping Duchene and Dzingel on the same line

Reactions: Multigrain

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
This was a playoff game... 3-1 (forget open nets) is how one wins in the post season... Bob was good but the defense was better.. It's hard to win games in the NHL, the Jackets worked in this one..

With 37 ROW we have a distinct advantage going into the stretch... Most of us in the race are now equal at 68 games played...

We must beat Brooklyn!!!

Reactions: Madifer

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018
This was a playoff game... 3-1 (forget open nets) is how one wins in the post season... Bob was good but the defense was better.. It's hard to win games in the NHL, the Jackets worked in this one..

With 37 ROW we have a distinct advantage going into the stretch... Most of us in the race are now equal at 68 games played...

We must beat Brooklyn!!!

Beating Trotz would be amazing.

Reactions: Robert

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad