TV: Saturday Night Live 40 years live? and beyond -MOD 724

Tkachuk4MVP

32 Years of Fail
Apr 15, 2006
San Diego, CA
They say that when you get older your memory is the 2nd thing that starts to go ( I forget what's the 1st thing to go ) and I really thought Murphy did the James Brown Hot Tub thing a few more times. :dunno:

Haha, I get that. With how great/popular that sketch was, you’d think they might have brought it back at some point.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
i Guess I am the only one who that it was a terrible episode. They should have had some of the older castmates on as well. As funny as Buckwheet was they should have did something different than have him sing out dated songs. They should have did a skit like the white/black supremacist and did a front line version of Buckwheet's life after showbiz. Perfect opportunity to have his biological younger brother Clayton Bigsby introduced. I just thought the whole production value was not there for someone who's episode was so anticipated.

Last edited:

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
New footage airing this Saturday night.

from thefutoncritic.com:

· "Saturday Night Live" will air original content on Saturday, April 11 at 11:30 p.m. ET/PT on NBC.
· Material will be produced remotely as "SNL" practices social distancing.
· Show elements will include "Weekend Update" and other original content from "SNL" cast members.
· Note that SNL will not air live on the west coast.

Hadoop

Aug 13, 2002
Mississauga
So as BostonBob noted Saturday Night Live returned last night, with none other than Tom Hanks as host.

Verdict: It was a show that SNL fans needed.

P.S. Petition to have Idris Elba as the next host with either Pink or Sara Bareilles as musical guest

Superman33

Feb 27, 2002
Bucks County.
So as BostonBob noted Saturday Night Live returned last night, with none other than Tom Hanks as host.

Verdict: It was a show that SNL fans needed.

P.S. Petition to have Idris Elba as the next host with either Pink or Sara Bareilles as musical guest

I think they did great given the situation. I think it was cool to see some of the newer cast members shine given that they got noticed from their online video content. For instance, Chloe Fineman's impressions segment was a lot more "polished" because that is what she did and Kate McKinnon's RGB skit was funny, but it was clearly made by someone attempting to do that format for the first time.

As the Technology person for my school district, the Zoom meeting sketch hit too close to home. Our HR Director has had only the top half of her face on screen for the past week. She was fine for the first two weeks of meetings! How does she go from doing it right to doing it so wrong?

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I thought all the sketches were good under the circumstances but the Twitch streamer one is the only one I'd knock. Completely unfunny and plays more like a Youtube video than a game stream.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad