Pre-Game Talk: Saturday - Hurricanes @ Leafs - 7:00pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

danron1376

Jan 3, 2011
i remember a recent steve dangle video where he said that the Leafs treated wins like an excuse to not try as hard in the next game as a reward for their victory. hopefully this is not true then, and certainly not now.

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
The way we played last night reminded me of a team backed against the wall.... it's hard to keep that level on a consistent basis, but I hope we can bring a version of that play and not just for short spurts.

Vaive50

Dec 24, 2015
i remember a recent steve dangle video where he said that the Leafs treated wins like an excuse to not try as hard in the next game as a reward for their victory. hopefully this is not true then, and certainly not now.

In December, they had a 9-0-1 record over 10 games so no, I don't believe that for a minute

Last edited:

Shanwhatplan

Mar 31, 2019
Got Carolina on the 2nd of a B2B

We still need to play like we did last night against Pittsburgh. Remember when we played the Ducks a week or so ago? They had played the night before, and we barely beat them. In fact, they dominated us in the 3rd.
From now until the season’s end, we need to play exactly like we did last night. NO MORE EXCUSES!!!

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
I am happy Leafs won the last game. But I am still not old on this unit
I have a feeling this will be a massive let down. Hoping to be wrong

I think there's a lot of people worried about the same thing, but don't want to say it and face the potential wrath of the euphoric.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Freddie probably in but...

Marincin or Liljegren
GOAT or Timashov

Leafs won last game so I imagine Keefe keeps the same lineup.

Just need to come out desperate again. Strong back checking, clear the slot, relentless puck pursuit. Hard to keep it up for a whole season, but they should be able to play this way for last 20 games.

Loved the passion of the last game. Wish guys like Marner Matthews and Nylander played with a bit more of a chip on their shoulder. They don’t need to fight but finish your check, antagonize a little, be a little pain in the ass.

Mr Knies Guy

Jul 5, 2008
Last game was the first game in a long, long time that I actually sat and enjoyed the entire game, even smiled at some parts like Kappy going Corson. I'm used to throwing things at the TV, so this was a nice change up

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
Cats have the first tiebreaker too. Leafs need to pull ahead in the standings by one point because the wild card is not all that promising either. Better just to win the dead heat with Florida.

Yeah there will be no chance of an easy opponent in the first round now home ice advantage :(. Unless one of these teams falls off a cliff, the only teams the Leafs can hope to meet are Boston, Tampa, Pittsburgh or Washington, Tampa being the most likely.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Hurricanes were Blown out by the Rangers last night.
You'd have to expect they will be better tonight.

Hopefully the Leafs can keep the intensity up.

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
Didn't realize they had more RWs....thought we had that. Definitely no margin for error now

Yeah and even if the Leafs manage to make up the 3 regulation wins and still end up tied with Florida, it would mean Florida will have vaulted us in ROW wins. Gotta win this outright.

Nylander88

Aug 13, 2016
Ontario
The Kings did us a major solid taking out Florida last night.

The upside is if we lose, we piss off Islanders fans. But we need to win.

Hopefully we can carry on last game's play.
The most enjoyable Leafs game of the season on Thursday imo. They brought an edge and stood up for one another. Whether it was a fight like Kappy or just shoving matches infront of the net. We looked like a TEAM. Hope they build on that and don't fall back into their old ways

Reactions: Trapper
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad