Post-Game Talk: Sat., Oct. 26, 2013|Flyers at Islanders

UKFlyers

Dec 28, 2011
Off the bottom!! :yo::yo::laugh: The climb begins

Good win. Was a good one to watch. Obviously, Lecavalier the standout, Mason was good too. The team skated well for 60 minutes. Lines seem to have a good balance at the moment too. Couturier seems to have upped his game now he's got some good linemates.

Please keep this sort of effort up though.

RonHextall27

Mar 12, 2008
Halifax, NS
My new game time lucky charm snack haha

JELLO-orange.jpg

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
-Vincent Lecavalier show tonight. Goes from our best offensive player before the injury to being our best offensive player after the injury.

-Giroux had a two point game. He's not scoring goals and still disappointing overall but he's working well with Lecavalier and the scoring has to start somewhere. Two points is a good start.

-This defense. People like to identify it and our goaltending as a weak point both in and outside of the Flyers fan-base but they've both really have been our bright spots so far. Outside of tonight we've been pathetic defensively, our PK has far outplayed our PP, and we were 9th in goals against prior to playing tonight. Mason has a lot to do with that but our D has been pretty tight under Berube and people like to act like it's something any less then a middle of the pack defense which is what it is in all reality. No elite guys or even number one D but solid middling NHL D throughout the whole lineup.

-Mason didn't play his strongest game but he was still good. That shorty against was a bit disheartening but this guy has earned a lot of leeway.

-Voracek got a goal but that giveaway on the PP was outstandingly awful.

-Raffl with his first point.

-Our PP still sucks but if we can get our ES scoring going the PP will probably get going eventually too.

Not sure if this game will be a fluke in the long run or the first step to a good team but either way it was a fun game and I enjoyed it. Can we play the Islanders every game? Or is that not allowed?

The Couturier Effect

Aug 8, 2012
Talbot has really improved over the past couple of games. Been great on both ends of the ice. Looks like the Talbot we saw in 2011-12.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
Couturier is a great player. Just missing that offensive spark but he hasn't really been given an opportunity to do that yet.

This is the first win all season I've actually felt good about.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
Negative:

If the Rangers and Devils had lost we would have jumped them in the standings. They both won.

Devils won 4-3 and all four goals came on the PP with two of them coming in the last minute of the game. They were down 3-2 with a little over a minute left.

Sniped

Snowballs at Santa
Mar 13, 2013
Philly
Feels great, gotta build from here though.

Vinny was great, along with Streit and Couts.

Those 3 stuck out most to me. LET'S GO FLYERS!

Winston Wolf

May 15, 2003
Philadelphia
The PP at least looked better. I think they finally realized that getting the one timer to Lecavalier is the best option and will always be a threat to score. No need for all the fancy passing; get it to Lecavalier and have Simmonds or Hartnell waiting for rebounds if there is one. The guy is going to score 30 this year and about 10 are going to come from his one timer on the PP.

lancer247

Jan 16, 2007
I know it's not popular to say but Coburn had another solid game. He and Grossmann did a nice job on the Tavares line.

I wish Coots had a nice one timer. If he can't skate he could at least get himself some points in the slot.

Tough season so far for Rinaldo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad