Post-Game Talk: Sat, Oct 12, 8:00p ET: Capitals @ Stars

Status
Not open for further replies.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
I've spent enough there to consider myself an "honorary" Canadian. ;)
I've lived here my entire life and not many people here use that word.
Not sure where that came from. Or the rumor that Canadians pronounce the word aboot instead of about. I have honestly never heard anyone speak like that.

Jun 15, 2007
Never heard anyone ever say aboot in Toronto/Ontario except ironically. Maybe it's a newfie thing.

Reactions: maacoshark

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
It’s samsonov’s time I would trade holtby for some picks

This is Samsonov's year to get mentored and get broken in slowly. It is the best way to go for his future.

It sucks for Holtby because he knows what's up just as we do. I hope he leads us on a deep playoff run but nothing changes the fact that this is his last season as a Capital. :(

The hardest decisions for BMac will be whether to trade him to a playoff bubble team at the deadline or get nothing for him. I guess it will all depend on how he, and the Caps, are playing come February.

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
Not sure where that came from. Or the rumor that Canadians pronounce the word aboot instead of about. I have honestly never heard anyone speak like that.

I can hear that when Canadians speak, but it sounds more like "aboat" than "aboot"....whereas Americans sound like "abOWt"

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
This is Samsonov's year to get mentored and get broken in slowly. It is the best way to go for his future.

It sucks for Holtby because he knows what's up just as we do. I hope he leads us on a deep playoff run but nothing changes the fact that this is his last season as a Capital. :(

The hardest decisions for BMac will be whether to trade him to a playoff bubble team at the deadline or get nothing for him. I guess it will all depend on how he, and the Caps, are playing come February.

I don’t think it will be a particularly hard decision to keep him for the last run.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
The defense looked tighter tonight but still you have to think Holtby is going to be looking over his shoulder soon. Hard to ignore the discrepancies in their performances even if the sample size on Samsonov is tiny.

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
I agree but let's say for the heck of it Holtby isn't playing great and some team with an injured goalie or a bubble team offers a second rounder?

That would be a tough call if you ask me.

Only if we had a plan for the cap space and a back up goalie.

Blitzkrieg365

Jan 1, 2015
DMV
Didn’t see a single minute of the game. Did we play well? How was Sammy?
PK and Sammy were fantastic, defense was solid but Seigenthaler had some issues. Leipsic and Hathaway we're both very noticeable and impressive. Kuzy had a great goal that he made look effortless and Carlson is on the hunt for that Norris.

HSHS

Losing is a disease
Apr 5, 2005
Redondo Beach, Ca
Great team win. Combo of great efforts and great skill. A lot left on the table though. I bitch cause I expect a lot more from this team and that play won’t do. But take the 2pts and learn...... hopefully.

First PP is still shit. Kuzy going coast to coast doesn’t change the epic stupidity That led them to getting knocked out of the zone in first place.

backstrom was garbage... trashy ice I know but come on. That 2nd 3rd period pp was just horrid for him. Seigs was probably second worst. I just can’t deal with Lewington on this team. We’ll need an injury free playoff.

leipsic was channeling his inner Marty StL. Just awesome stuff and I liked his look on his one chance with the top line.
JC played such a good 200’ game.
Sammy was obvious. Wrap around s are always tricky. Could have had his pad down but it looked like the puck elevated.

however at the end of the day this team played well and Dallas is just freaking atrocious. Can’t wait to see this team progress.

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
I like that the 4 best players tonight - Carlson, Kuzy, Wilson, Samsonov - potentially locked up for years

zappa4ever

Music is the Best!
Feb 10, 2010
MD/VA/WV intersection
a lot of good stuff tonight, just about everyone had some good plays at some point
most of all winning the 3rd period and holding a lead being about the biggest thing, some good PK too (wish they wouldn't have to kill 5 in the 1st half of the game tho')
SamsOHnov has some great raw skills and quick reactions, getting lucky about over-committing and caught out of the net, gonna cost some preventable goals soon
Nats awesome win + Caps 'never in Dallas' win = :)

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Great Dane! Love that Eller feller.
Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada

You must live in a cave, eh? ;) I have lived in two provinces, one territory and interacted with citizens all across our country and I hear it all the time.

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
Great team win.
Ovi scored
The PK was great.

Ps: it's too early to trade Holtby for picks. Samsonov was good but it's only two games.

Il pretty sure Holtby will have a great game against the Avs. He likes to be challenged

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad