Post-Game Talk: Sat., Nov. 2, 2013| Flyers 1 at Devils 0

shipwreck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sep 7, 2011
Texas
I will just agree with many others here. Ame was boring. Flyers were easily outplayed, but they still won by some miracle...

DeflatedFootball7

Jul 9, 2011
Nanaimo
Why do people ***** about B.Schenn when he is tied for the team lead in scoring, is on pace for the same points as JVR in his 3rd year. We are so friggen impatient!

I don't think it's completely there fault. Schenn has a negative reputation on HF because of Pens fans and a slow start to his NHL career. They'll warm up.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
Horn guy definitely needs a beatin. I don't know how his section put up with it all game. Then again, it was a devils game, so it was probably only fourteen people.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
I disagree on the less confidence boosting.

Not as the game was good... but because of what happened last night.

It will be a weight off them all. Hopefully they can build on that and stop thinking and fretting and start playing.

I meant the confidence of the fans. As far as the team goes, maybe it did maybe it didn't. We've won before and have come out looking just as much ass as ever the games after.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
I meant the confidence of the fans. As far as the team goes, maybe it did maybe it didn't. We've won before and have come out looking just as much ass as ever the games after.

Ah... fair enough! Yeh, fans can't take anything apart from a few player performances, no collapse and 2 points from this.

SgtJoseph*

Couturier was the best forward, but that's all I got. A win is a win though.

Enjoying a fine helping of Buffalo Trace on the rocks to celebrate/forget this one.

Good stuff ! I just poured a Makers over ice ! Figgered i would have one for the win tonight after having 2 after the terrible loss last night !

Gert B Frobe

Nov 18, 2003
Chester County
It's a shame to see Timonen suck so bad. The only thing he has going for him anymore is that he's positionally sound. But he's so small and so slow and he's not getting point shots through EVER. He can't finish a check or take a decent sized forward off the puck either.

He's such a smart guy - I guarantee if he got scratched he would know exactly why and wouldn't whine about it either.

Too bad we can't take his brain and give it to Coburn...

SgtJoseph*

It's a shame to see Timonen suck so bad. The only thing he has going for him anymore is that he's positionally sound. But he's so small and so slow and he's not getting point shots through EVER. He can't finish a check or take a decent sized forward off the puck either.

He's such a smart guy - I guarantee if he got scratched he would know exactly why and wouldn't whine about it either.

Too bad we can't take his brain and give it to Coburn...

I feel bad for him as well ! When the old legs go its all down hill from there . He is such a proud guy as well which leads me to believe that he will probably retire and not tarnish the outstanding career he has had, always will have nothing but good things to say about Kimmo ! Just a great no nonsense pro !I hope he has a GREAT Olympics this year !

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
Good stuff ! I just poured a Makers over ice ! Figgered i would have one for the win tonight after having 2 after the terrible loss last night !

Indeed it is, especially for the price. Enjoy the Makers. Not to shabby itself.

Sniped

Snowballs at Santa
Mar 13, 2013
Philly
We got lucky and our offense still is still anemic. Woohoo...

Thank god the sixers were entertaining.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Timonen is 17th among all NHL defensemen >10 GP in Corsi Rel, and half of those ahead of him have a negative QoC (he doesn't). Small sample size, but based on it, Timonen is doing just fine.

SgtJoseph*

Timonen is 17th among all NHL defensemen >10 GP in Corsi Rel, and half of those ahead of him have a negative QoC (he doesn't). Small sample size, but based on it, Timonen is doing just fine.

His experience and overall hockey IQ are whats keeping him going at this point in his career. His speed is really down, perhaps if we can keep his minutes down he can carry on effectively through the season . Although Jagr is not too quick these days and is still quite effective , so who knows ? No matter what i am a big fan of the Fin .

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Rhubarb-Moonshine-Smash-3.jpg

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com

He has been pretty fine in his own zone when the opposition set up apart from a few silly penalties... but his speed has fell off a cliff and it seems to be really affecting him getting up and down the ice, so even with his IQ he is finding himself out of position and unable to clean up after his own mistakes as we are all so used to seeing him do, and having to force plays more that he would usually already be past a guy or in more space for.

I think that is what is making him look bad... he has 55 minutes of ok hockey each game, but when a play is blown once or twice a game he looks so out of place it looks like he has played it far worse than he actually had as a goalscoring chance is guaranteed, and those things stick in peoples minds.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

There was a period where Buffalo Trace was pretty cheap; I'm sad to see it's gone up quite a bit in the last few years.

Delete99991

May 9, 2013
Couturier was great, I agree, but I don't get what people see in Raffl. He is not strong on the puck, is an average skater and made some brutal passes tonight.

I'd have preferred McGinn in his place on line 2.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
Yeahhhh meant to look that up.

That's ridiculously bad. Unsustainably bad.

A Sportsnet guy just wrote an article about quality shots and shooting percentages from those shots. Link to Part II. You should check it out; it's a good read.

5% is certainly unsustainable, but it's probably most reflective of the team's inability to create quality scoring chances.

Funf

Sep 17, 2013
Philadelphia
Hey guys, new here. Lurked a long time, finally decided to sign up.

Ugly win, but aren't we something like 0-8 against this Devils team the past two seasons? I know they're missing Elias and kovalchuk, but at least that's something.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad