Sat. Jan 19, 2013 | Senators at Jets | 3:00pm EST | CBC | Alfredsson Edition | Part 2

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
It had nothing to do with physicality and everything to do with mobility. Our team was simply asleep in the first and a good portion of the second period. Tell me who exactly got liberties taken on them aside from maybe Benoit? I love when people go on and on about phantom BS. Our team was very physical once they got their feet under them. We had hits from just about everyone.

Even Spezza threw a hit! That's saying something

Berserker*

It had nothing to do with physicality and everything to do with mobility. Our team was simply asleep in the first and a good portion of the second period. Tell me who exactly got liberties taken on them aside from maybe Benoit? I love when people go on and on about phantom BS. Our team was very physical once they got their feet under them. We had hits from just about everyone.

Phantom BS lol I guess some fans struggle with analyzing the intangible aspects of the game. A big part of the reason that the sens got better in terms of the physical aspect of the game was that Winnipeg got tired.

Although I agree that a big part of it as well was shaking the rust off. We will be able to assess this better over the next 5-10 games. In that time we will be able to assess whether the issue was purely rust or whether lack of toughness is an issue as well.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Karlsson will burn all of his haters in a purging fire of puck control and accurate slap shots.

BadMcFadden

Aug 17, 2011
Does anyone know any sites with streams for the sens game that is archeived right after the game is played? For instance, the Sens game just finished, any sites have that game to watch right after? School and Work are pretty hard and my schedule is brutal so I will miss most games. I'm looking at a way to watch a game when i come back at night so if a game finishes around 10:00 pm i want to watch it around 11:00 pm or so. Anyone with any sites?

little late to this but I used hockeystreams.com last year and just signed up again this year, the quality of the stream was excellent for today's game - hoping that's across the board and not just for the CBC broadcasts which we can get for free anyways :p

SixthSens

RIP Fugu
Dec 5, 2007
Figures I had a course today and missed most of the game. Glad to see Karlsson pick up right where he left off, and the W was nice too :D

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Its nice having 4 lines that can score. Thank you Murray for not bringing back Konopka.

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006
Karlsson should have that second assist removed, but Spezza should get an assist on the Karlsson goal. I can't believe they haven't changed that yet.

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
i dont believe in the "yannick perrault" strategy.

if we can find a 3rd or 4th liner who is great at faceoffs, fine, but dont just bring back winchester for no reason other than his faceoff ability. The guy has no offensive ability at all.

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
i dont believe in the "yannick perrault" strategy.

if we can find a 3rd or 4th liner who is great at faceoffs, fine, but dont just bring back winchester for no reason other than his faceoff ability. The guy has no offensive ability at all.
Hard to implement our puck possession style of play when we are chasing the puck after every faceoff.

And it's more so Spezza doesn't have to take important faceoffs in the defensive zone, which frees him up to take more offensive faceoffs to create more offense.

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
3mins on the PK for karlsson (4th on the team). Should be something interesting to watch this season with cowen gone.

wiercioch was the only dman not to play on the PK.

General Granny*

Turris more ice time than Spez, our entire 2nd line got more ice time than 1st.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
I'm glad they played a team who are likely to miss the playoffs. This could have been ugly with a top tier team. The Sens can't count on being the cardiac kids anymore. Pavelec didn't exactly have a great game. Thank goodness for the early 3 posts and out and for Anderson who was on his "A" game until the guys found their game legs. Good win but here's hoping for much better starts in future.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->