Saskin...players file complaint

Status
Not open for further replies.

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
Was on the Sportsnews last night, at least 28 players have filed a complaint about the improper hiring of Ted Saskin.

This confused me as I had thought the silent vote had made this a moot issue?

Also, what is wrong with these people? They are clearly in the minority..(Martha Burk complaining has nothing on them)

Skk82

Mar 30, 2004
Arlington, VA
i bet a large number of players are just over anything labor related at this point and are just concentrated on playing hockey this fall.

mackdogs*

It's actually more than 50 players from various teams:
http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL/2005/09/29/1240711-sun.html

I don't understand why Saskin dismisses this almost candidly. From what I understand he and Linden (and perhaps also the rest of the PA board) appointed him without a proper vote. Sure sounds like a breach of union protocol and something they'll have to remedy. He's brushing it off like it was nothing... methinks he's in for a bit of a rude awakening.

ladybugblue

May 5, 2004
Edmonton, AB
mackdogs said:
It's actually more than 50 players from various teams:
http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL/2005/09/29/1240711-sun.html

I don't understand why Saskin dismisses this almost candidly. From what I understand he and Linden (and perhaps also the rest of the PA board) appointed him without a proper vote. Sure sounds like a breach of union protocol and something they'll have to remedy. He's brushing it off like it was nothing... methinks he's in for a bit of a rude awakening.

Actually he already addressed this and they had the secret vote to make sure there were no protocols left unaddressed. Not to say things weren't handled correctly the first time but Saskin addressed this and the process was restarted officially and in the manner according to their by-laws the second time around. If the players think he won't be the union head they are wrong (at least at this point in time).

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
If I were Ted Saskin, why would I want this job?

Weary

Jul 1, 2003
go kim johnsson 514 said:
If I were Ted Saskin, why would I want this job?
Because if the baseball union hires you instead, your salary will be slashed in half.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad