Value of: Saros

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Everyone has their price. I personally think Ingram could come in and backup Rinne this season as long as Rinne doesn't play like he did last season. That said... Saros is cheap and relatively proven. I doubt they part with him for anything short of a bounty since they don't really need to move him. Him and Ingram will be the tandem next season while Askarov finishes out his KHL contract. There's no need to rush him over.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
Everyone has their price. I personally think Ingram could come in and backup Rinne this season as long as Rinne doesn't play like he did last season. That said... Saros is cheap and relatively proven. I doubt they part with him for anything short of a bounty since they don't really need to move him. Him and Ingram will be the tandem next season while Askarov finishes out his KHL contract. There's no need to rush him over.

That's the thing though. Rinne's 38, he's probably not going to be better he's going to get worse. Let Saros get the majority of the starts, let Ingram be the no.1 in Milwaukee until next season.

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Yeah, I don't see that there's any sense of market timing here. Saros hasn't established himself as anybody's saving grace in net, yet he might be Nashville's. And everybody who needed a goalie just went through a round of setting up their goalies through free agency. So why does anybody go make a big trade for an unproven Saros right now? Why does Nashville make their position even weaker?

I think you maybe revisit this question in some number of years. Maybe 2 or 3 years if Ingram pans out to be anything, maybe in 4 or 5 years when Askarov might be ready to come over. This isn't the time.

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
Saros is our starting goalie. He's not available without something good coming back.

20-21:
Saros
Rinne

21-22
Saros
Ingram

Future:
Saros/Ingram/Askarov

This. Drafting an 18-year old goalie has absolutely no impact the season he's drafted. He's years away from contributing.

The only real question(s) are:
- Do you bring back Rinne for another year to give Ingram more time?
- Is Askarov coming over to the AHL next year? or is he going to play 2-3 more seasons in Russia?

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
This. Drafting an 18-year old goalie has absolutely no impact the season he's drafted. He's years away from contributing.

The only real question(s) are:
- Do you bring back Rinne for another year to give Ingram more time?
- Is Askarov coming over to the AHL next year? or is he going to play 2-3 more seasons in Russia?

1. Probably not, Rinne will be 39 next year and Ingram has already had a couple very good seasons in the AHL.
No, Askarov will probably play in Russia for 2-4 more years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->