Sarnia Sting 2021-22 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SarniaStingFan

Jul 28, 2020
Jacob Perreault and Jamieson Rees both finished their AHL regular seasons earlier tonight. Perreault finished with 17 points (3G, 14A) in 27 games with the San Diego Gulls and Rees finished with 14 points (8G, 6A) in 29 games with the Chicago Wolves. Perreault's division is the only one doing some sort of playoff format. The Gulls play a best of three series against the Bakersfield Condors starting on Friday.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Could you imagine what those two would've done had there been a season.. Rees woulda been top 3 in points (if healthy) & Perreault would've pushed for 50+ Goals.

Add in Voit, Geci, Namestnikov, Roth. Could've been such an explosive F group. Shame we missed out on it.

Reactions: Ferda11

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
Adam Ruzicka NHL debut for Calgary last night. Played just over 9 minutes and was +1 for the night.
Much maligned here in Sarnia but a pretty good hockey player.

Reactions: Ferda11

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
OHLInsiders on twitter is saying rumours of Yanic Perreault buying into the Sting have died off somewhat. Saying it sounds like Gabe Perreault had a strong commitment to the US program.

I'd imagine the interest of buying into the Sting has died off because of Covid and a cancelled OHL season. I'd be highly skeptical as well with how the Ontario government has handled things.

Reactions: StingUpdates

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
OHLInsiders on twitter is saying rumours of Yanic Perreault buying into the Sting have died off somewhat. Saying it sounds like Gabe Perreault had a strong commitment to the US program.

I'd imagine the interest of buying into the Sting has died off because of Covid and a cancelled OHL season. I'd be highly skeptical as well with how the Ontario government has handled things.

Gabe was recently named to the USNTDP. I wonder if Jacob ends up representing the US in the future, I hope not.

Jason M

Nov 13, 2019
Gabe was recently named to the USNTDP. I wonder if Jacob ends up representing the US in the future, I hope not.
I was just looking at the mock draft and they have the sting picking two forwards in the first two rounds I don’t agree with that we really need defence I’m hopping for Beau Akey in the first and a good forward in the 2nd

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
We already have Alex Geci, so we will only be picking in the first round, our second pick we will pass on

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
6 days from the draft. Nice to be excited for something OHL related. Been so long.

Hoping we take a D in round 1 or 2 (hell maybe even both) considering we will probably have 4 D 19+ on next year's team.

Jason M

Nov 13, 2019
6 days from the draft. Nice to be excited for something OHL related. Been so long.

Hoping we take a D in round 1 or 2 (hell maybe even both) considering we will probably have 4 D 19+ on next year's team.
I’m hopping For Beau Akey in round 1 and maybe Lucas Moore in round 2 maybe

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
I wouldn't be surprised if the Sting take 2 forwards the first two picks. Sarnia's always had the "take the best player available" mentality. I'd shoot for the best d-man with the 13th pick and hope that we can land a stud forward in the import draft.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Sarnia swaps a 2022 4th for a 2021 4th. I actually sort of like it. This draft is such a crapshoot but the opportunity to get absolute steals in Rounds 4-5-6-7 are bigger than ever.

Shows they have confidence in the scouting staff, too.

Reactions: SarniaStingFan

cupcrazyman

Stupid Sexy Flanders
Aug 14, 2006
Leafland
Sarnia swaps a 2022 4th for a 2021 4th. I actually sort of like it. This draft is such a crapshoot but the opportunity to get absolute steals in Rounds 4-5-6-7 are bigger than ever.

Shows they have confidence in the scouting staff, too.

Trade with which team ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad