Sarnia Sting 2021-22 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
I'll be coming around to check in on Gaudreau...been following him since he was drafted to the OHL, and I'm pumped San Jose drafted him.

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
I'll be coming around to check in on Gaudreau...been following him since he was drafted to the OHL, and I'm pumped San Jose drafted him.

As you should be. If there was an OHL season last year Guadreau would have went top 60. This kid has all the tools to become an elite goaltender in the NHL. His numbers from his rookie year should not be looked at as a deciding factor in anything. He played on a very weak team with a very poor defence in front of him. Sarnia's defensive group is shaping up to be pretty strong this year, I would be paying more attention to Gaudreau's numbers this coming season. Many expect him to be top 2-3 in the league.

superdee

Oct 17, 2015
I come in peace. I think Ben will get his chance once he gets scouted from season’s beginning. Losing Perrault , Perfetti and the rest who played AHL will be a huge loss for the respective teams and the league. As a Knights guy fan I missed seeing McMichael suit up for the Knights last year and I am certain Sting and Saginaw fans will surely miss Perrault and Perfetti’s leadership

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
I come in peace. I think Ben will get his chance once he gets scouted from season’s beginning. Losing Perrault , Perfetti and the rest who played AHL will be a huge loss for the respective teams and the league. As a Knights guy fan I missed seeing McMichael suit up for the Knights last year and I am certain Sting and Saginaw fans will surely miss Perrault and Perfetti’s leadership
Definitely a massive bummer. I see why but at the same time it feels a bit unfair. Only league of the 3 (ohl whl qmjhl) it applies too. Especially when u consider teams were already gonna have an unusual amount of rookies.

Reactions: SarniaStingFan

cupcrazyman

Stupid Sexy Flanders
Aug 14, 2006
Leafland

Sarnia doesn't produce a lot of nhl talent & when we do they don't stay in the ohl very long because of a number of different scenarios in the past.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Malyavin had his best game of the Hlinka tournament today. 2 assists, +3. He is so impressive to watch. His ability to make guys miss, bring the puck up & pass are all elite.

Strong defender too. Has great gap control & awareness. He just needs to get stronger & that'll come. Pretty confident that when he is 18&19 he will dominate this league.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Malyavin had his best game of the Hlinka tournament today. 2 assists, +3. He is so impressive to watch. His ability to make guys miss, bring the puck up & pass are all elite.

Strong defender too. Has great gap control & awareness. He just needs to get stronger & that'll come. Pretty confident that when he is 18&19 he will dominate this league.
He is very impressive, but I hope he doesn’t get to comfortable doing that move when he is the last or 2nd last man back because it will lead to break always or 2 on 1’s the odd time.

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Love what I'm seeing and hearing about Malyavin so far. Sting haven't had an elite puck moving defensemen with elite skating ability since DeAngelo. Katic would be the next in line before that.

Reactions: StingUpdates

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Would love to see them pair Reesor & Malyavin. Got the reliable stay at home, physical Dman in Reesor then the skilled, elite skating, puck moving Malyavin.

Could be a really solid pairing. But I'm not sure they can go wrong with any combo with Reesor/Mast/Malyavin & Nolet or Supryka.

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Justin Nolet traded to Kitchener for a conditional 15th round pick. Last year would have been Nolet's breakout year in the league. Before the pandemic, he was really starting to show what he was capable of. Had their been a full season last year, I strongly believe Kitchener would have had to give up a lot more then what they just did. Bad bounce for Sarnia.

OA's left - Langevin, Guy, Reesor and Supryka.

Reactions: StingUpdates

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Justin Nolet traded to Kitchener for a conditional 15th round pick. Last year would have been Nolet's breakout year in the league. Before the pandemic, he was really starting to show what he was capable of. Had their been a full season last year, I strongly believe Kitchener would have had to give up a lot more then what they just did. Bad bounce for Sarnia.

OA's left - Langevin, Guy, Reesor and Supryka.
Ya Kitchener absolutely stole him for 99% nothing …terrible trade for sarnia. Unfortunate, I think Langevin will be next to go if they can find a trading partner. Looks like sarnia is set with gaudreau and Thornton in net.

Reactions: Ferda11

The Howler

Dec 9, 2015
Ya Kitchener absolutely stole him for 99% nothing …terrible trade for sarnia. Unfortunate, I think Langevin will be next to go if they can find a trading partner. Looks like sarnia is set with gaudreau and Thornton in net.
Terrible trade, I just hope he wanted out. This might justify the trade

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017

if its a conditional pick the price will change based on if he makes the team.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Gotta wait to see what the pick becomes before saying it's terrible. Could become a 3rd or 4th.

But as mentioned so unfortunate. Was easily the surprise player of 2019. Was really excited to see if he could follow it up last season.

He'll do good for them. Just tells you the team views Supryka just slightly ahead of Nolet. So with that the D is probably set

Reesor-Surpyka
Malyavin-Mast
Daviault-Dillingham
Eveleigh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->