Sarnia Sting 2021-22 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SarniaStingFan

Jul 28, 2020

In McKenzie's rankings Ben Gaudreau is listed at No. 69 and Ryan Mast is listed as an honorable mention.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015

In McKenzie's rankings Ben Gaudreau is listed at No. 69 and Ryan Mast is listed as an honorable mention.

Surprised voit didn’t make the end of the list or honourable mention. He’s gotten bigger he should be a very impactful player this year.

Jason M

Nov 13, 2019
Surprised voit didn’t make the end of the list or honourable mention. He’s gotten bigger he should be a very impactful player this year.
Hockey Canada announced there summer camp roster for the world juniors and neither Perreault or Geaudreau where invited but I guess that what u get when u got Hunter as the GM

PuckStop75

Feb 21, 2019
Hockey Canada announced there summer camp roster for the world juniors and neither Perreault or Geaudreau where invited but I guess that what u get when u got Hunter as the GM
HC doesn't favor players who are very one dimensional, they've received much criticism for it over the years. They tend to opt for 200ft players who can play a multitude of roles.
Gaudreau will get his chance and may even be considered for the tryout camp. In 2020 neither Daws or Hofer attended summer camp and they were the primary goalies for the tournament.

Reactions: SarniaStingFan

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Hockey Canada does dumb shit every year. This is another one of those occasions with leaving Gaudreau and Perreault off the invite roster. Perreault will be leading the league in goals come Christmas and that still won’t matter to Dale.

SarniaStingFan

Jul 28, 2020
Hockey Canada does dumb shit every year. This is another one of those occasions with leaving Gaudreau and Perreault off the invite roster. Perreault will be leading the league in goals come Christmas and that still won’t matter to Dale.
The weird thing is doesn't just seem to be Dale. Sting players are rarely ever selected to Team Canada's world junior team. The only 2 that I can think of are Kyrou and Stamkos.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Laughable. Perreault had 17 pts in 27 games as an 18 yr old in the AHL but they invite a guy like Wyatt Johnson who had 12 goals in the OHL.

The whole 200FT players thing really worked last year right? Outside of being shutout in the gold Medal game because those great 2way Fs couldn't generate anything!

Gaudreau makes no sense. Isn't he ranked higher than Lennox who was invited? Lol.

Last edited:

PuckStop75

Feb 21, 2019
Missed Sebrango in Kitchener. Don't jump to any conclusions on players being pushed there immediately. A complicating factor in the process will be how the NHL contracts are dealt with. The contracts were allowed to slide last year, if they don't slide under this option it initiates the deals, aside from their minors salary (which isn't likely a factor) they would then become RFA and potentially UFA's a year sooner, teams that operate against the top of the cap could elect to send them all the way back if they feel it would help their situation. It would also mean that rather then a player like Byfield and Drysdale being forced into the NHL they could be placed in the AHL. Things could get interesting!

SarniaStingFan

Jul 28, 2020

If true the sting season just took a turn for the worse

This rule stinks for the O. The QMJHL and WHL won't have to deal with it because they had a season. So all of a sudden the O is getting punished because they decided to keep their players safe. I have no idea why the NHL would do this to their best junior developmental league.

Reactions: Ferda11

PuckStop75

Feb 21, 2019
This rule stinks for the O. The QMJHL and WHL won't have to deal with it because they had a season. So all of a sudden the O is getting punished because they decided to keep their players safe. I have no idea why the NHL would do this to their best junior developmental league.
The best junior league didn't develop players last year!
So the NHL teams had to do it for them, this is the cost of not hosting a season and having the NHL and their affiliate AHL teams do it for them.

Reactions: sudburydinnerjacket

SarniaStingFan

Jul 28, 2020
The best junior league didn't develop players last year!
So the NHL teams had to do it for them, this is the cost of not hosting a season and having the NHL and their affiliate AHL teams do it for them.
May I remind you that we went into another lockdown when the season was supposed to start last year. The OHL had a plan in place and the lockdown was the reason it got shut down. Not really the O's fault!

PuckStop75

Feb 21, 2019
May I remind you that we went into another lockdown when the season was supposed to start last year. The OHL had a plan in place and the lockdown was the reason it got shut down. Not really the O's fault!
The O kicked the can down the road when they had the opportunity and every other league started up. Its water under the bridge now, the NHL teams have already put their dime forward when the OHL didn't with these players.
Probably worth noting that several OHL players were with Ontario based AHL teams, so its not like it wasn't possible.

Ringing Iron

May 8, 2011
The weird thing is doesn't just seem to be Dale. Sting players are rarely ever selected to Team Canada's world junior team. The only 2 that I can think of are Kyrou and Stamkos.
You all realize that Dale and Mark have nothing to do with HC this year, right? They didn’t last year either.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Well that's incredibly frustrating. Lose out on Rees' final yr because of covid & now might miss out Perreault's final two.

Always seems to be something with are truly elite guys. Konecny gets hurt & surprisingly makes NHL. Same with Chychrun. Galchenyuk torn ACL, makes MTL after WJC. Murphy tears ACL at WJC. Yakupov decides to leave for KHL at 18, Rymsha goes AHL at 20 when he wasn't remotely ready & the list goes on & on.

SarniaStingFan

Jul 28, 2020
The O kicked the can down the road when they had the opportunity and every other league started up. Its water under the bridge now, the NHL teams have already put their dime forward when the OHL didn't with these players.
Probably worth noting that several OHL players were with Ontario based AHL teams, so its not like it wasn't possible.
I'm never going to blame the O for trying to keep its players safe. The AHL teams got approval in mid February which was much to late for the O who normally ends in mid March.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad