Sarnia Sting 2021-22 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Sting expect Russian import pick to become 'cornerstone player' | The Sarnia Observer

Seca & Co thrilled with Malyavin. They had him ranked high. They think he will become a #1 D for the team. Seca also says the expectation is he will sign barring covid screwing things up.

He is also listed at 6'0", 165 now. Definitely happy with the pick! Glad they went defense, finally.

Now the '03, '04 group is-
F: Namestnikov, Filak, McIntyre, MacDonell, Lalkin, Tierman, Degelas, Priddle (potentially Perreault in 2 yrs)

D: Malyavin, Eveleigh, Daviault.

Last edited:

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Sting expect Russian import pick to become 'cornerstone player' | The Sarnia Observer

Seca & Co thrilled with Malyavin. They had him ranked high. They think he will become a #1 D for the team. Seca also says the expectation is he will sign barring covid screwing things up.

He is also listed at 6'0", 165 now. Definitely happy with the pick! Glad they went defense, finally.

Now the '03, '04 group is-
F: Namestnikov, Filak, McIntyre, MacDonell, Lalkin, Tierman, Degelas, Priddle (potentially Perreault in 2 yrs)

D: Malyavin, Eveleigh, Daviault.
That’s the 04, 05 group. If you throw the 03’s in
Dann, voit, rea, geci, namestnikov, filak, mcyntire, Macdonell, lalkin, teirman, degelas, O’Donnell.

mast, malayvin, eveleigh, daviault.

gaudreau, Thornton.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
That’s the 04, 05 group. If you throw the 03’s in
Dann, voit, rea, geci, namestnikov, filak, mcyntire, Macdonell, lalkin, teirman, degelas, O’Donnell.

mast, malayvin, eveleigh, daviault.

gaudreau, Thornton.
U r correct. Been awhile haha. Sarnia hasn't had a nucleus like this in some time. They could be good for 3 straight years.

Can't say I've been this optimistic in them in awhile. Especially with Letang as coach.

Reactions: Ferda11

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
U r correct. Been awhile haha. Sarnia hasn't had a nucleus like this in some time. They could be good for 3 straight years.

Can't say I've been this optimistic in them in awhile. Especially with Letang as coach.
Exactly and on top of that they have a lot of NHL players in the ownership, front office, and scouting department. Hatcher, Legwand, larose, Hopefully they can really focus on getting these American prospects to sign. I’m hoping we got a top notch coach to lead these kids deep into playoffs too. Things looking good on and off the ice right now. I like what they are doing with this organization!

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Congrats to Stammer on going back2back!! So awesome to see with everything he has gone through. 18 points in 23 games.

Now if only we could follow in his footsteps. Can't wait for October!

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Congrats to Stammer on going back2back!! So awesome to see with everything he has gone through. 18 points in 23 games.

How cool would it have been if the Sting retired Stammers number after he won these two cups back to back? I don't see how he doesn't go down as the greatest Sarnia Sting player of all time. Don't think anyone will ever come close.

SarniaStingFan

Jul 28, 2020

Sad that my Habs didn't win the Cup but I'm happy for Stammer.

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Sad that my Habs didn't win the Cup but I'm happy for Stammer.

Hell of a run by the Habs. No one could have guessed that they would go to the cup final. Very impressive. Goes to show what a stud goalie and a good defense can do. Let's hope Sarnia can replicate the success the Habs had. They are certainly set up well in net and on the blueline. ;)

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015

Sting import pick Andrei Malyain has been invited to Russia's Hlinka Gretzky Cup training camp.

Get him signed, a lot of other teams are signing guys left and right, Seca needs to get Malayvin, lalkin and daviault signed. And start working on some Americans.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Get him signed, a lot of other teams are signing guys left and right, Seca needs to get Malayvin, lalkin and daviault signed. And start working on some Americans.
Be nice but no rush. I'm sure Malyavin especially wants to see how covid is here before signing.

Be fun to see him play. A shame Namestnikov & Filak didn't make it. Wonder if that at all has to do with them going OHL over NCAA. See that sometimes.

Reactions: SarniaStingFan

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Be nice but no rush. I'm sure Malyavin especially wants to see how covid is here before signing.

Be fun to see him play. A shame Namestnikov & Filak didn't make it. Wonder if that at all has to do with them going OHL over NCAA. See that sometimes.
Ya sometimes they don’t take OHL guys, I find the states leave a lot of guys out of this tournament tho. No mcgroarty or Nazar which should be locks for that team. Another sting prospect off the roster is Seamus Casey who also should be a lock for that roster. So I definitely wouldn’t look to into max and filak being left off. Just a weird tournament for the US team. WJC U18 they take a better roster to.

PuckStop75

Feb 21, 2019
He must be reading this thread lol
Quite often teams want there first announced signing to be the first pick from the draft, if it takes a little longer they wait until its done. Otherwise the public grabs the wrong end of the stick and rumoura that have no truth or merit circulate.

SarniaStingFan

Jul 28, 2020
Ya sometimes they don’t take OHL guys, I find the states leave a lot of guys out of this tournament tho. No mcgroarty or Nazar which should be locks for that team. Another sting prospect off the roster is Seamus Casey who also should be a lock for that roster. So I definitely wouldn’t look to into max and filak being left off. Just a weird tournament for the US team. WJC U18 they take a better roster to.
The guys that you mentioned are on the USNDTP team. At the Hlinka Gretzky Cup the USA doesn't take any USNDTP players. I am assume they do this so they can see who's imporved and who they may want on their World Junior team in a few years.

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
Alex Geci will play with Slovakia U20 at the Summer Challenge in Germany. The other teams are Germany, Czech Republic and Denmark. I am sure there will be a stream somewhere. I expect Alex to play second line C.

Reactions: StingUpdates

SarniaStingFan

Jul 28, 2020
Alex Geci will play with Slovakia U20 at the Summer Challenge in Germany. The other teams are Germany, Czech Republic and Denmark. I am sure there will be a stream somewhere. I expect Alex to play second line C.
Any ideas who his linemates may be?

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
The guys that you mentioned are on the USNDTP team. At the Hlinka Gretzky Cup the USA doesn't take any USNDTP players. I am assume they do this so they can see who's imporved and who they may want on their World Junior team in a few years.
Ya I knew they were in the USNTDP. The US obviously doesn’t care about the Ivan hlinka tournament too much lol.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Quite often teams want there first announced signing to be the first pick from the draft, if it takes a little longer they wait until its done. Otherwise the public grabs the wrong end of the stick and rumoura that have no truth or merit circulate.
I see what you are saying, but the sting announced the signing of Mcdonell (their 1st rnd pick) about a week and a half ago.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015

Damn ok! We are having one helluva summer & it's only early July. October can't come soon enough!

Wow if that doesn’t get fans in the seats idk what will. $15 red zone tickets, Grey zone down to $22, kids under 12 get in for just $8 on Sundays makes for a good family day game. That red zone was always empty look for it to have a lot more butts in the seats. And Sundays games should have a lot more people aswell. Very smart move by the sting, if they take care of business on the ice and keep a competitive team things are definitely looking good!

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
Agree it’s a great marketing strategy and should spur attendance.
As a fan who likes to see the Sting score, I’ll keep my seats in the north end of the rink.
Disappointed that seniors rate is gone, but will get over that…
Please open the border so I (vaccinated) can get over without a $130.00 Covid test… a bit steep for a day trip

Reactions: robp1219
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad