Sarnia Sting 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
A much older defence core next year, Nolet, hjorth, mast and dillingham will be in their second full season in the Ohl. I actually like our defence going into next season, few guys with size, multiple puck movers, hopefully mast can learn off reesor on how to defend like a stud. I actually really like Dillingham’s game and having him as a depth defenceman is good. Mast will desperately need to fill into that big frame and get stronger and faster and if he does wow watch out. Hjorth should be more comfortable on and off the ice next season, needs to work on his first couple steps to get abit quicker. Nolet just needs to keep doing what he’s doing. Reesor will be dominant, I think stratis should be really good in his OA year, and kammerer should be a good two way defenceman. If the right coaches are on the bench teaching this team how to play defence I think both our goalies will put up real good numbers a 19 year old langevin and a 17 year old elite prospect in gaudreau. Be nice to see perraults buddy schingoethe come over to boost the offence and add forward depth. Need an elite euro talent forward and a high forward pick in the ohl draft that can come in an score 40+ points. With the right coach and picking the right guys with the top picks at each draft this is very doable and I think this team will be good.
I agree. Said it all year that Reesor is this teams best Dman & its shown since he has returned. Full yr with Stratis will be good. He's been solid last 2or3 weeks.

Really intrigued to see what type of step if one at all we get out of Kammerer, Nolet, Mast & Hjorth. Under a proper coach i think are Defense could be pretty good.

As for Captains, I think it'll be Rees but could also see it being Bitten. Assistant's Stratis & Reesor. Kammerer/Guy solid options, too.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
The import pick is easily the biggest thing of the off season for me. Obviously signing some American's would be awesome but having a top-10 import pick is huge. It has to be a top-6 F or a Top-4 D. Anything below it & I'll view it as a disappointment.

Reactions: Texcanuck

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
I agree. Said it all year that Reesor is this teams best Dman & its shown since he has returned. Full yr with Stratis will be good. He's been solid last 2or3 weeks.

Really intrigued to see what type of step if one at all we get out of Kammerer, Nolet, Mast & Hjorth. Under a proper coach i think are Defense could be pretty good.

As for Captains, I think it'll be Rees but could also see it being Bitten. Assistant's Stratis & Reesor. Kammerer/Guy solid options, too.
I think it will be rees too but I wouldn’t give it to him because of the suspensions hes got since being in sarnia, and he’s missed a lot of games too, the team does play on a different level when rees is in the lineup but the team also plays on another level when reesor is in the lineup too

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Be interesting to see (if rumours are true) who the HC will be along with hopefully new assistants. Don't mind Legwand as Forward coach but Staubitz needs to go. No idea what he brings to the team behind the bench.

Hopefully get a coach that preaches how to work as a team in all areas. Don't be to strict to where guys are scared to make a mistake but let them know #1 priority is team D then go from there.

Hopefully one that doesn't sit Nolet every 3rd game & sit rookie forwards for 19 yr old Dmen.

Jason M

Nov 13, 2019
Be interesting to see (if rumours are true) who the HC will be along with hopefully new assistants. Don't mind Legwand as Forward coach but Staubitz needs to go. No idea what he brings to the team behind the bench.

Hopefully get a coach that preaches how to work as a team in all areas. Don't be to strict to where guys are scared to make a mistake but let them know #1 priority is team D then go from there.

Hopefully one that doesn't sit Nolet every 3rd game & sit rookie forwards for 19 yr old Dmen.
My #1 pick for captain would be Kammerer now as the import draft I would send Hjorth home and get two new euros and get 2 17 year olds that have something to prove and will help give us 2/3 years of good hockey instead of just 1/2 I’ve said it before I’m not a fan of Hjorth and imnot the only one there are lots of us that would just rather see him go and I’ve also talk to a few scout who think the same thing he’s a defence man who didn’t know how to play defence and I also heard a rumour from a scout who talked to some Columbus scouts that said Hjorth won’t even make rookie camp

dansk55

Jul 30, 2010
My #1 pick for captain would be Kammerer now as the import draft I would send Hjorth home and get two new euros and get 2 17 year olds that have something to prove and will help give us 2/3 years of good hockey instead of just 1/2 I’ve said it before I’m not a fan of Hjorth and imnot the only one there are lots of us that would just rather see him go and I’ve also talk to a few scout who think the same thing he’s a defence man who didn’t know how to play defence and I also heard a rumour from a scout who talked to some Columbus scouts that said Hjorth won’t even make rookie camp
I think Hjorth became more tentative as the season went on because of the lack of coaching which i think shook his confidence. I think Bitten would be a good leader. Hard work and vocal. Rees is a sparkplug but does not provide leadership as captain. That said, the team will select him because he is the face of the team

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
I think Hjorth became more tentative as the season went on because of the lack of coaching which i think shook his confidence. I think Bitten would be a good leader. Hard work and vocal. Rees is a sparkplug but does not provide leadership as captain. That said, the team will select him because he is the face of the team
Couldn't agree more with Hjorth. He had 21 Points in the first 30 games. That's coming off a major injury & his 1st season in NA. Then for some reason they took him off the top PP unit & demoted him to the 3rd pair. It clearly killed his confidence. He looks terrified to make a mistake.

He needs work defensively & sometimes has to be less cute & make the simple play but the skill is there. One of the few dmen on this team who consistently makes good stretch passes & can carry it up & make a play.

I expect him to get 10+ Goals & 45+ points next year. He should run the PP & play consistent minutes. Same thing with Nolet. His play has fallen off a bit because for some stupid reason we decided to sit him every 3rd game. Confidence is massive.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Imagine trying to be 75% of this team. The bottom-6 has been a gong show most of the season. Impossible to get any sort of confidence when u get sat every weekend.

On D we have 9 (!) Bloody dmen. Practice has to be all out of wack when u have 14/15 Fs & 9 D. Probably a big reason why this team looks so disjointed as a unit.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Ojhl 1st all star team-
G-Ethan Robertson
D-Brendan kennette
2nd team-
D-Deven nagra

Cchl 2nd all star-
F-Cole craft

gojhl all star team-
F-Nolan Degurse

gojhl rookie all star team-
F-Nicholas beneteau

Craft and Kennette will be playing college hockey in the states next season. The other players will all get long looks next year. I’d imagine Degurse and Nagra are locks to make the team. Could keep Robertson and package him in a trade, he will be a good 18 year old goalie prospect. Beneteau will probably get a good look.

Last edited:

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019

I think this is a terribly dumb idea. There's no way teams like Ottawa, London should have even the slightest chance to pick top 5.

You damn well know we would get pushed back, too. Lol.

dmead

Jan 12, 2018
London

I think this is a terribly dumb idea. There's no way teams like Ottawa, London should have even the slightest chance to pick top 5.

Draft at current standings. The teams have played the majority of season and stand where they should within one or two draft positions.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015

It will probably be in groups like 1-5 ,6-10, 11-15, 16-20 they will probably only allow a team to move up 5 spots from where they stand. I think they should draft from current order tho.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Whl and Qmjhl are drafting based on point percentage, if ohl follows suit sting draft 4th overall.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
If Hatcher is leaving the organization completely I hope they announce his departure and announce the new owner before the draft so hatcher has no word on who Sinclair drafts.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
If Hatcher is leaving the organization completely I hope they announce his departure and announce the new owner before the draft so hatcher has no word on who Sinclair drafts.
If Hatcher & Co. Know he's leaving i highly doubt he has any impact on the draft. I hope at least lol..

Hoping for one of Dalyn Wakely, Pano Fimis or Paul Ludwinski. All play Centre & i think all 3 could come in & play 3C. Fimis, Ludwinski are amazing skaters while Wakely is a good skater but thrives playing a power game.

Best Dman is a 5'7" Speedy guy. While i want a D id prefer a more reliable 2 Way guy which hopefully we can get in RD2 or RD3.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
If Hatcher & Co. Know he's leaving i highly doubt he has any impact on the draft. I hope at least lol..

Hoping for one of Dalyn Wakely, Pano Fimis or Paul Ludwinski. All play Centre & i think all 3 could come in & play 3C. Fimis, Ludwinski are amazing skaters while Wakely is a good skater but thrives playing a power game.

Best Dman is a 5'7" Speedy guy. While i want a D id prefer a more reliable 2 Way guy which hopefully we can get in RD2 or RD3.
Who knows hatcher rumours could all be false, I’m hoping for Fimis

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Who knows hatcher rumours could all be false, I’m hoping for Fimis
If they are false we will have a big problem. Already heard from multiple ppl who would know that if Hatcher returns we will have guys requesting out.

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
This organization has more to worry about then players wanting out. If nothing changes in the off season, there will be a noticeable reduction of butts in the seats going forward.

Reactions: Stingland

davewheeler

Dec 5, 2016
If they are false we will have a big problem. Already heard from multiple ppl who would know that if Hatcher returns we will have guys requesting out.
Lol what have I Missed??? When you say Hatcher is out .... do u mean our as both coach and owner? or just coach? I've heard he's all but gone as coach.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Lol what have I Missed??? When you say Hatcher is out .... do u mean our as both coach and owner? or just coach? I've heard he's all but gone as coach.
Hopefully both, but he needs to get off the bench that just has to happen. Longer he coaches the more junior hockey players he’s going to ruin and the longer this team will be in the basement. rumours going around legwand has a new partner lined up to buy hatcher out. Again just rumours.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Ive heard he is gone completely. Gonna sell his half & Legwand has someone to purchase it. Guess we'll find out in the coming months what is true & what isn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->