Sarnia Sting 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Howler

Dec 9, 2015
Pic's for next 5 games
Sting 5 Owen Sound 3
Saggy 5 Sting 3
Sting 4 Otter's 2
Ranger's 5 Sting 2
Sting 5 Storm 2
Looking for some great hockey from these boys .Hoping for 3 of 5

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
5-3 Sarnia
6-2 Saginaw
4-3 Erie (OT)

Hopefully we see the same effort we have recently. Also hope to see Dann get in the lineup.

Tone

Jan 28, 2019
Pic's for next 5 games
Sting 5 Owen Sound 3
Saggy 5 Sting 3
Sting 4 Otter's 2
Ranger's 5 Sting 2
Sting 5 Storm 2
Looking for some great hockey from these boys .Hoping for 3 of 5
STING 6 ATTACK 2
STING 5 SPIRIT 4
STING 6 ERIE 1
STING 4 RANGERS 2
STING 7 STORM 4
STING 6 KNIGHTS 5 Will be a wild one to bring back the fans next year.

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
STING 6 Attack 3
SAGGY 6 Sting 2
STING 5 Erie 1
KIT 6 Sting 3
STING 3 Storm 2
STING vs London cancelled due to a keg of Corona

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
5-3 Sarnia
6-2 Saginaw
4-3 Erie (OT)

Hopefully we see the same effort we have recently. Also hope to see Dann get in the lineup.
May as well do the last 3 since everyone else is.

7-3 Kitchener
4-3 Sarnia
6-4 Sarnia

Have a feeling that last one could get pretty nasty lol. Gonna guess Hatcher goes out with a boom.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Gotta think if the NHL postpones the season the CHL will follow suit. Would be such a fitting way to end this terrible season not being able to play the final games.

Last edited:

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Gotta think if the NHL postpones the season the CHL will follow suit. Would be such a fitting way to end this terrible season not being able to play the final games.

I'm looking forwarding the the Stings tweet about the season being over early due to Covid-19 just so i can respond that its already been over for 3 months. :rolleyes:

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
@nelli27 and myself will be making the trek down the 402 for the final regular season game on March 21st. London usually ends in the Soo or Erie..so it's nice to be able to make a road trip close by for the final game of the season

Maybe leave nelli27 at home. Surprised he/she would even want to come to the arena of a "mickey mouse organization" where the fans apparently hit each other on the heads with yellow hard hats. Stay on your high horse at the bud nelli27. ;)

Phlyer, you're more then welcomed. Hit up Twisted Arm before the game if your looking for grub, the wonton nachos are unreal. Stokes Inland will hook you up with a free little plate of nachos or some wings after the game with your ticket stub and have cheap wings as well. Hoping you guys are still battling Saginaw for top spot and the game means something for you guys, would like to see a full london line up and perhaps a little fireworks boiled over from last game:popcorn:

Maybe leave nelli27 at home. Surprised he/she would even want to come to the arena of a "mickey mouse organization" where the fans apparently hit each other on the heads with yellow hard hats. Stay on your high horse at the bud nelli27. ;)

Phlyer, you're more then welcomed. Hit up Twisted Arm before the game if your looking for grub, the wonton nachos are unreal. Stokes Inland will hook you up with a free little plate of nachos or some wings after the game with your ticket stub and have cheap wings as well. Hoping you guys are still battling Saginaw for top spot and the game means something for you guys, would like to see a full london line up and perhaps a little fireworks boiled over from last game:popcorn:
I've been to Stokes Inland before...good food. As for nelli..you'd get along great with him...super nice guy with an impeccable sense of humour. I've know him for years and he's always joined me on many of my road trips to other OHL rinks. Looking forward to visiting Sarnia again...love the rink and my good buddy @Sting Fire will be there..so it's win/win for me. I may wear my Brandon Hope jersey....it's an Attack jersey but I think it would be welcomed in Sarnia ;)

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
I've been to Stokes Inland before...good food. As for nelli..you'd get along great with him...super nice guy with an impeccable sense of humour. I've know him for years and he's always joined me on many of my road trips to other OHL rinks. Looking forward to visiting Sarnia again...love the rink and my good buddy @Sting Fire will be there..so it's win/win for me. I may wear my Brandon Hope jersey....it's an Attack jersey but I think it would be welcomed in Sarnia ;)

Is StingFire going to wear his Sting or Knights jersey i wonder? :D

Reactions: PhlyerPhanatic31

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
NHL shut down. I had already predicted the London game would be cancelled (should be worth 10 bonus points on the predictions game), but now I’m guessing all are done.
REALLY glad we have a crappy team this year... would hate to be Ottawa, London, Kitchener, etc and having put together a team for the run...

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
NHL shut down. I had already predicted the London game would be cancelled (should be worth 10 bonus points on the predictions game), but now I’m guessing all are done.
REALLY glad we have a crappy team this year... would hate to be Ottawa, London, Kitchener, etc and having put together a team for the run...

Yeah tough bounce for sure - being a smaller league, i don't see the CHL extending the season any longer then it normally would. If this doesn't get sorted out in the next 2 weeks i expect it to be cancelled all together.

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
gotta feel for the boys from the Mooretown Flags. Best season going and poised to go very deep this year and their season was just cancelled for good and won't resume til next season. Ouch.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
I know it's not entirely fair & alot of goalies could probably do this but if you take out Gaudreau's 4 worse games:

7/12 @ Ottawa
19/26 vs Flint
15/20 vs Saginaw
5/8 vs Flint

He has a 0.902 Sv% in 25 games. Averaging about 35 shots against in those 25 games. On top of the ridiculous amount of scoring chances we give up on a gamely basis.

That's pretty damn good I'd say for a rookie on a last place team that gives up the most shots in the league. Can't wait to see how he looks next year

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
A much older defence core next year, Nolet, hjorth, mast and dillingham will be in their second full season in the Ohl. I actually like our defence going into next season, few guys with size, multiple puck movers, hopefully mast can learn off reesor on how to defend like a stud. I actually really like Dillingham’s game and having him as a depth defenceman is good. Mast will desperately need to fill into that big frame and get stronger and faster and if he does wow watch out. Hjorth should be more comfortable on and off the ice next season, needs to work on his first couple steps to get abit quicker. Nolet just needs to keep doing what he’s doing. Reesor will be dominant, I think stratis should be really good in his OA year, and kammerer should be a good two way defenceman. If the right coaches are on the bench teaching this team how to play defence I think both our goalies will put up real good numbers a 19 year old langevin and a 17 year old elite prospect in gaudreau. Be nice to see perraults buddy schingoethe come over to boost the offence and add forward depth. Need an elite euro talent forward and a high forward pick in the ohl draft that can come in an score 40+ points. With the right coach and picking the right guys with the top picks at each draft this is very doable and I think this team will be good.

Reactions: The Howler

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
I wonder who the captains and assistants will be next season. I hope the captains are:
C-Reesor
A-Rees
A-Bitten
A-Kammerer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad