Sarnia Sting 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

cupcrazyman

Stupid Sexy Flanders
Aug 14, 2006
Leafland
a 4th (and maybe 5th) for a goalie with a .842 save %.......? 10 games too so not really small sample size

And was .867 last year in 17 games. That seems like a very steep price for a backup goalie who has been far below league after for over 30 OHL games now

Saginaw is coming off 2 sub .500 seasons finishing 9th & 8th. In the Western Conference.Hardly a young goalies fault.

mkraayen

Mar 7, 2011
Might be a sign of a sell off of senior players?
With only 12 full-time forwards on the roster as it is, they have two forwards leaving for World Junior camps (Hugo & Ruzicka) and two forwards injured (Josling & McCombs). That puts them at 8 forwards + Hogue up front, for 9. Burke and Saye would give them 11 forwards when missing the other 4.

jwalk

Mar 25, 2006
AJAX
With only 12 full-time forwards on the roster as it is, they have two forwards leaving for World Junior camps (Hugo & Ruzicka) and two forwards injured (Josling & McCombs). That puts them at 8 forwards + Hogue up front, for 9. Burke and Saye would give them 11 forwards when missing the other 4.
For sure they need more bodies but I would expect it also sets the table to move as many vets as they can that makes sense before the trade deadline. Other than the 2000 year born draft (which was a disaster ) the Sting have drafted well under Sinclair and have done a good job developing players under Hatcher. It makes sense that they should want to recoup draft picks.
So far the current team seems to be a lot better at drafting and developing than making trades. They should stick with that. These guys traded away way too many high picks gambling on winning it all.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
I hope Lamour can come in and just be steady, doesn’t have to be lights out (which would be awesome) but a steady presence stopping the pucks that need to be stopped would be nice.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Not looking like a good game for lamour, it does look like the sting are getting outplayed with the two Europeans gone... I’m not watching have the goals been brutal that lamour let in or do we have another Hughes

bobbygore

Jun 27, 2011
Not looking like a good game for lamour, it does look like the sting are getting outplayed with the two Europeans gone... I’m not watching have the goals been brutal that lamour let in or do we have another Hughes
Sting haven’t showed up tonight in the first 2 periods but there have been 2 to 3 pretty soft goals out of the 7 so far . Not a good start for Lamour with the Sting .
Things got heated at the end of the second so there could be some fireworks in the third .

Edit : Langevin has replaced Lamour for the beginning of the third .

Last edited:
Reactions: robp1219

bobbygore

Jun 27, 2011
I hope that I am wrong but looks like we have another Hughes.
Pretty tough start for Lamour but let’s give the kid a chance as it’s only one game . He didn’t play well but the whole team crapped the bed .
On the plus side Lamour looks to have good technique and looks to be pretty athletic .

.Maybe the Sting scouts see a similarity to Ian Scott the Leaf prospect who really struggled at the beginning of his junior career despite looking to be quite athletic . For them to give up a fourth ( and maybe a fifth ) they must believe that the kid has something they can develop .
Hopefully he’ll be way better next game .

InSuL1nImP

Feb 11, 2017
Pretty tough start for Lamour but let’s give the kid a chance as it’s only one game . He didn’t play well but the whole team crapped the bed .
On the plus side Lamour looks to have good technique and looks to be pretty athletic .

.Maybe the Sting scouts see a similarity to Ian Scott the Leaf prospect who really struggled at the beginning of his junior career despite looking to be quite athletic . For them to give up a fourth ( and maybe a fifth ) they must believe that the kid has something they can develop .
Hopefully he’ll be way better next game .
Or a more realistic scenario the Sting settled for what they could get and give in return when it comes to the trade. Most likely didn't have any other options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad