News Article: Sarich hit by car while on bike.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Good to get a thread up on this, details seemed to be slowly leaking out. Saw the latest update that he has broken vertebrae. Could have been worse for sure. Terrible timing too but maybe it was the end of the line for him. Was always such a thoughtful, cheery guy in interviews. No doubt he'll be missed in the locker room. Hope for a speedy recovery.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Sounds pretty nasty. I would have been surprised to see him back in the NHL before this, now though, sounds like he would be better off jut making sure he recovers. Best of luck to him.

AngelicAssassin*

http://www.denverpost.com/avalanche...che-player-cory-sarich-seriously-injured-bike

Seemed like a great guy in his short time in Denver, wish him all the best in his recovery. Would not be shocked to see him perhaps one day get a shot to work for the Avs or another NHL club.

Sorry to see this. Hope his recovery goes well. Even though he was an UFA at the time of the accident I'm of the opinion he would have landed an NHL job for this season at some point. Especially once injuries start to hit a veteran D man of his caliber will find a spot.

All the best to he and his family and wish for a speedy recovery,

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
It might be the end of the road for him when it comes to being a NHLer. Hope he'll recover fully. Sounds like it could have been even worse.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Holy crap, he slid under the truck and it ran over his back? Fresh off back surgery? I didn't know that's what happened. Glad he seems to be on the mend. Too bad, he was only 31 games away from 1000, I'm sure he'd like to have hit that milestone. Seems unikely.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Chambers has his own story on Sarich. Thought it was google reporting again at first but quotes are new.

http://www.denverpost.com/avalanche...-defenseman-cory-sarich-details-horrific-bike

Also a blog, where Sarich says he thought the Avs wanted him back.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/avs/201...ting-truck-like-im-going-die-right-now/19123/

It's great to see people keep a good attitude after horrific events like this. You could always tell Sarich was that type of guy. About as positive an attitude and seemingly as good a guy you're gonna find.

Now that it sounds like he's doing better, I feel ok making a little light of the situation and saying I found the irony pretty funny in his comment that, "someone was looking out for me."

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
It's great to see people keep a good attitude after horrific events like this. You could always tell Sarich was that type of guy. About as positive an attitude and seemingly as good a guy you're gonna find.

Now that it sounds like he's doing better, I feel ok making a little light of the situation and saying I found the irony pretty funny in his comment that, "someone was looking out for me."

I guess that's why they took him over O'Brien, well he was good guy as well, maybe too much fun.. :laugh:

Well, I might sound crazy, but at least Sarich is lucky this accident happened AFTER his playing career. I think he was going to be done in NHL anyway and most likely he was going to quit anyway. I hope he recovers 100%, nobody should get into accident like that.. Poor guy. He has certainly taken enough beating on the ice not to deserve this as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->