Santorelli sent down to make room for Shore, Goc and Guds off suspension

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
@hfialkov: Obviously Gudbransons going to get game-ready and will be back asap. Santorelli is a demotion for poor play and to make room for Shore

@hfialkov: Panthers take Gudbranson and Goc off suspension #flapanthers

Also, from GR:

@GeorgeRichards: #FlaPanthers send Erik Gudbranson (shoulder) and Mike Santorelli (one-way) to AHL San Antonio...Santorelli cleared waivers before season

Last edited:

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Well so much for what I posted in the 'News Around the NHL' thread....

PantherboyHTR said:
I know, I know... if he is the next player to go, then so be it. I guess I just keep optomisticly hoping for him to come out of this shell he always seems to have.

He has above average speed, which is always nice to have in a player because its just something you can't teach.

But the more his career drags on the more he reminds me of a poor-mans Novoseltsev, if thats even possible.

Just waiting for that light to click in his head, but I fear the bulb may just be burned out ...

Panthers607

Santo sent down? :handclap:

I hope Shore sticks from now on, he's good!

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
FINALLY! this is what i like to hear, goc sounds like he will finally come back next game, and gudbranson is finally off suspension and sent to san antonio to get some games in and get some of the rust off.a few more games and weiss and guds will both be back, the only one that wont be injured then is bergy but sounds like his injury will take longer to heal from, not to mention we cant even get in contact with him, dont know whats going on there, i wonder if he gets traded if this continues, i hope not.

Panthers Rock

Rebuild 10.0
Apr 17, 2006
Winter Springs, FL
Embarrassing for Santorelli to say the least. He was a promising player and he is a pathetic shell of himself, outplayed by a rookie in a handful of games.

Guys will learn one way or the other, this isn't the old Panthers management. You perform or you'll be demoted/don't play. He had every chance to prove himself and threw it away. Even Keaton Ellerby is smart enough to try to make a statement.

Guys like Kovalev, Kuba, even Parros had better start bringing something more to their game. Players are getting healthy and someone has to get scratched.

Panthers are Red

Why so sad?
Jun 27, 2011
By my computer
Good to hear that these guys are off suspension and ready to start playing again. Goc is a great player and one that should hopefully help us out a lot.

I like how Drew Shore has been playing for us but I am not sure if he should stay in the team for too long. Obviously it will depend on how the team does in the next few games but we have to start scoring points and he has to score some too. Don't want us to risk damaging his game by overplaying him in the NHL on a bad team, on a non scoring line. I feel if that ends up happening the first line in the AHL might be better for his development.

harv33173

Oct 5, 2003
at this point i'd take jannsen over parros even though jannsen is not as effective as he used to be and barch took his spot. you do remember barch!!!!!
parros sucks!!!!!!!!!

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
at this point i'd take jannsen over parros even though jannsen is not as effective as he used to be and barch took his spot. you do remember barch!!!!!
parros sucks!!!!!!!!!

He sucks as a player but IIRC he can lay out people when he is on the ice. (Cam)

CoolburnIsGone

Good to hear that these guys are off suspension and ready to start playing again. Goc is a great player and one that should hopefully help us out a lot.

I like how Drew Shore has been playing for us but I am not sure if he should stay in the team for too long. Obviously it will depend on how the team does in the next few games but we have to start scoring points and he has to score some too. Don't want us to risk damaging his game by overplaying him in the NHL on a bad team, on a non scoring line. I feel if that ends up happening the first line in the AHL might be better for his development.
Shore right now is playing on a scoring line though so this may be good for his development. I think its good for the guys on his line too (Huberdeau & Mueller) so they have a guy who can win faceoffs as a natural center and those 2 can be more comfortable playing the wings. They seem to be developing some chemistry which is what we need for that 2nd line.

My guess is that once Weiss is healthy and returns, then the team will send Shore back down to keep playing lots of mins. Well unless Shore starts scoring points too, then it makes it more difficult and you could see Shore staying at the #2 center with Goc at the #3 spot. Shore right now is playing like he deserves to be in the NHL no matter what role they put him in. Until that changes, he should be in the lineup.

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL
Santorelli has really disappointed me. This was his time to shine with the open spots due to injury. He was even put on the top line. This is probably the last we'll see of him unless more injuries happen.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Santorelli has really disappointed me. This was his time to shine with the open spots due to injury. He was even put on the top line. This is probably the last we'll see of him unless more injuries happen.

If Santorelli is traded for a 3rd round pick in March, I know I wouldnt :cry: or lose any sleep at all. I hate to :deadhorse but he has had too many opportunities over the last 2 years. I understand 41pts in 82games in 2010-2011 was reason to keep him around but he's bascially just a body for the team. He is non-existent out there right now as is most of the team.

I shake my head to think we may have had the chance at an Anderson and Theodore tandem in net. Anderson is a beast lately.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
If Santorelli is traded for a 3rd round pick in March, I know I wouldnt :cry: or lose any sleep at all. I hate to :deadhorse but he has had too many opportunities over the last 2 years. I understand 41pts in 82games in 2010-2011 was reason to keep him around but he's bascially just a body for the team. He is non-existent out there right now as is most of the team.

I shake my head to think we may have had the chance at an Anderson and Theodore tandem in net. Anderson is a beast lately.

You must be sleeping & dreaming too much right now if you think he would fetch us a 3rd round pick. He'd be lucky to get us a 6th, heck even a 7th.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad